Amhara

I-751 December 2017 Filers [merged threads]

2,436 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ausa said:

I just checked our bank statement and the USCIS check is pending!

I will update the 'spread sheet' this weekend.

Wow! You filed on the 8th and they’re just cashing it now? I would’ve thought you would have your NOA1 by now! 

They just recieved our case today, so we’re now anxiously waiting for our check to be cashed. Gives peace of mind that they “touched” it. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
19 minutes ago, CharlieTanger said:

Wow! You filed on the 8th and they’re just cashing it now? I would’ve thought you would have your NOA1 by now! 

They just recieved our case today, so we’re now anxiously waiting for our check to be cashed. Gives peace of mind that they “touched” it. 

Vermont received ours on the 8th and we don't even have a pending check. NOTHING!

12/04/13 - Met my best friend, love of my life online

08/04/14 - 08/29/14 Three weeks together, not long enough, got engaged.

08/27/14 - Sent I-129F

09/03/14 - NOA1

10/23/14 - Marcello returns WOOHOO!!

01/15/15 - Times up, I return to Italy with him

02/05/15 - I return to NY. Need more time together, A LIFETIME!!!

04/01/15 - NOA 2

04/13/15 - Case headed to NVC

04/15/15 - I return to Italy

04/24/15 - NVC numbers assigned

04/27/15 - left NVC

05/01/15 - consulate received case

05/02/15 - I return to NY

05/04/15 - packet 3 received

05/05/15 - packet 4 received

06/29/15 - medical

06/30/15 - interview - APPROVED!!!!

07/07/15 - Marcello arrives for good!

07/18/15 - Wedding Day!!

ROC

--------

12/08/17    Filed

01/25/18.   Biometrics

03/11/19.   Combo interview.  APPROVED

03/13/19.   Email card being printed

N400 Citizenship

---------------------------

12/05/18.  Filed

12/18/18.  NOA 1

01/07/19.  Biometrics

02/04/19.  Received email - INTERVIEW BEING SCHEDULED

03/11/19   Interview date

03/11/19.  Combo interview APPROVED

03/13/19.  Email - Oath ceremony scheduled

7 minutes ago, Kelcello5 said:

Vermont received ours on the 8th and we don't even have a pending check. NOTHING!

Crazy! I thought Vermont was faster? Haha

We forgot to include “Attn: I-751” on the USPS package front. I hope that doesn’t matter. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ausa said:

I just checked our bank statement and the USCIS check is pending!

I will update the 'spread sheet' this weekend.

That's great! I sent mine on the 11th so I'm kinda trailing you to get an idea of how things are progressing at the VSC. Hopefully, they will cash my check soon (later today or tomorrow) before the Holiday weekend :)

1 hour ago, CharlieTanger said:

We forgot to include “Attn: I-751” on the USPS package front. I hope that doesn’t matter. 

Did you include a cover letter specifying it was for I-751? It may take them a bit more time to process without the ATTN: I-751 on the envelope, but you will be fine!

I am also shocked that VSC takes so much time to cash in checks and send NOA 1's. They seemed to be doing fairly well end of November / early December. It was a week turnaround between submission and getting NOA 1.

My docs were delivered on the 18th, and I am hoping to get my NOA 1 early next week since my GC expires next week... Does anyone know whether I can continue working? Or am I out of status and my work authorization expires?

Edited by divorcedgayman

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, CharlieTanger said:

I didnt put outside n it was just okey

2 hours ago, CharlieTanger said:

Yep, sent it on Friday 8th, USPS tracking showed delivery on Monday 11th....cashing Thursday 21st....almost a 2 week gap....sighhhhhhhh!!

ROC Window Opened: Thursday 7th December 2017

Posted Package: Friday 8th December

Package Received at USCIS: Monday 11th December

Check Cashed: Thursday 21 December

NOA Received: Wednesday 27 December

NOA Dated: Tuesday 12 December

Biometrics Letter Received: Saturday 13 January 2018

Biometrics Letter Notice Date: Friday 5 January

Biometrics Appointment: Wednesday 24 January

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 30 July (in an envelope from 'Potomac Service Center' Arlington VA)

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 08 August (in an envelope from 'Vermont Service Center' St Albans VT) different version!

On February 27, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

On April 9, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

N-400 Applied 7th December 2018

N400 Interview 11th July 2019. Ended up being a ROC combo interview

ROC Approved 11th July 2019 (a few hours after interview)

N-400 Approved 11th July (a few hours after interview)

Oath Ceremony 22nd July - I am now a US citizen!

I went through Philadelphia:

Thursday July 11: I had my Naturalization Interview

Thursday July 11: A few hours later updated to show Oath Ceremony will be Scheduled

Friday July 12: Oath Ceremony Notice was mailed

Monday July 22: Oath Ceremony

Wednesday July 24: Certificare of Naturalization was mailed

2 hours ago, Chiquitabella29 said:

That's great! I sent mine on the 11th so I'm kinda trailing you to get an idea of how things are progressing at the VSC. Hopefully, they will cash my check soon (later today or tomorrow) before the Holiday weekend :)

Fingers crossed for you :D!

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 30 July (in an envelope from 'Potomac Service Center' Arlington VA)

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 08 August (in an envelope from 'Vermont Service Center' St Albans VT) different version!

On February 27, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

On April 9, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

Thursday July 11: A few hours later updated to show Oath Ceremony will be Scheduled

2 hours ago, Kelcello5 said:

It won't be far behind:D

1 hour ago, divorcedgayman said:

Did you include a cover letter specifying it was for I-751? It may take them a bit more time to process without the ATTN: I-751 on the envelope, but you will be fine!

I am also shocked that VSC takes so much time to cash in checks and send NOA 1's. They seemed to be doing fairly well end of November / early December. It was a week turnaround between submission and getting NOA 1.

My docs were delivered on the 18th, and I am hoping to get my NOA 1 early next week since my GC expires next week... Does anyone know whether I can continue working? Or am I out of status and my work authorization expires?

Yes, we put I-751 on the folder and cover letter, just not on the outside of the USPS package. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi everyone!

This website helped me a lot when I filed the CR1 visa.

Now, it´s time for me to remove my conditional residence and I need your help because we are working on my file.

My question is about the Form I751:

My conditional Green Card was issued with my maiden name (in my country we have 2 names and 2 last names, however, my GC has my first name + the first initial of my second name and my 2 last names).

It has caused me many issues because being an "international name" when I wanted to fill forms in some websites, their systems are not prepared for accepting many names and what I want to do it´s to change my 2 last names for my husband´s last name.

Can I use the i-751 to change my last name?...Then... How do I fill the blank?

In the 1st part, I write my 2 names + his last name and in the part "Other Names Used" I write my current name (as it comes up in my current GC?)

If anybody can help me out, I´m going to appreciate it so much !!!

Edited by Jovi&James

Our Journey for IR1-CR1

(L) Wedding Dec 5th 2014

USCIS

March 02, 2015: We left I-130 on Fedex

March 04, 2015: UCSIS received our paperwork

March 06, 2015: We received the e mail of UCSIS Acceptance Confirmation (Nebraska)

July 22, 2015 : I-130 Approved (It took 140 days)

August 04, 2015: Mail from UCSIS saying they have sent our case to NVC

NVC

August 10, 2015: Case scanned by NVC

August 20, 2015: Case number and IIN received by phone

August 21, 2015: DS261 done and FEE Affidavit of Support paid (FEE Status: In Process)

August 24, 2015: Affidavit of Support FEE Status: PAID

August 25, 2015: Husband received Welcome package from NVC

September 03, 2015: IV Package FEE paid (FEE Status: In Process)

September 08, 2015: IV Package FEE Status: PAID

September 09, 2015: DS-260 Done

September 14, 2015: Package received by NVC (Scan Date)

October 08, 2015: Case Complete

November 09, 2015: Medical Test Done

November 25, 2015: Interview Date APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!! :D

January 05, 2016: Visa Issued

January 12, 2016: Visa in hand :dancing:

January 22, 2016: US$ 165 Fee paid

February 08, 2016: In my new home

POE: Los Angeles

March 07, 2016: Green Card received...but waiting for SSN

22 minutes ago, Jovi&James said:

Hi everyone!

This website helped me a lot when I filed the CR1 visa.

Now, it´s time for me to remove my conditional residence and I need your help because we are working on my file.

My question is about the Form I751:

My conditional Green Card was issued with my maiden name (in my country we have 2 names and 2 last names, however, my GC has my first name + the first initial of my second name and my 2 last names).

It has caused me many issues because being an "international name" when I wanted to fill forms in some websites, their systems are not prepared for accepting many names and what I want to do it´s to change my 2 last names for my husband´s last name.

Can I use the i-751 to change my last name?...Then... How do I fill the blank?

In the 1st part, I write my 2 names + his last name and in the part "Other Names Used" I write my current name (as it comes up in my current GC?)

If anybody can help me out, I´m going to appreciate it so much !!!

You should be able to, just make sure you specify the name change in a letter with perhaps a copy of your marriage certificate (which they may already have).  We are including a name change on our petition.  My husband came in with one name and we did a formal name change.  It's a long story that I won't go into, but on his conditional GC, they used my last name for his last name.  Since you are taking your husband's last name, you should be good if you document it well for them to understand easily!

We mailed ours out today.  Package should arrive Tuesday, so that step is out of the way!  Yes!  One less thing to worry about!  

Signature coming soon...

-751: December 2017 Filers

California Service Center (6 applicants, 0 approved - 0%)

VJName.................Date of I-751........NOA1 Date............Biometrics.........Approved

Amhara..............12/21/2017......--/--/2017..........--/--/2018.......--/--/2019

ANF2014....................12/05/17.............12/07/2017.......................12/18/2017..................--/--/--

Chidivj........................12/04/17.............12/08/2017.......................12/16/17..................--/--/--

hmz............................12/07/17.............12/11/2017.......................--/--/--..................--/--/--

E&E4EVER...................12/14/17.............—/—/—/...................—/—/—...............—/—/—

jsdixie_uk...................12/05/17.............12/11/17...................—/—/—...............—/—/—

Vermont Service Center (8 applicants, 0 approved - 0%)

VJName.................Date of I-751........NOA1 Date............Biometrics.........Approved

RACH100..................11/28/17..............   --/--/--......................--/--/17..................--/--/--

MARITAH..................11/28/17...............12/01/2017 ......................--/--/17..................--/--/--

SnLForever.............. .11/29/17..............12/05/2017......................--/--/17..................--/--/--

CharlieTanger...........12/18/17.............. --/--/--......................--/--/17..................--/--/--

beccajayne93...........12/18/17................--/--/--......................--/--/--..................--/--/--

chiquitabella29........12/11/17................--/--/--......................--/--/--..................--/--/--

michellewillis...........12/16/17................--/--/--......................--/--/--..................--/--/--

divorcedgayman......12/18/17................--/--/--......................--/--/--..................--/--/--

IMPORTANT!

Instructions for adding/updating yourself (or assisting others) to this list:
1. DO NOT DELETE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
2. Please use your VJ name to avoid confusion.
3. Click "Quote" on this new template or most recent/updated version of this template.

4. Copy the entire template or most recent update (Mac users: Select the entire template, then select Command + C)
5. Remove the "Quote Coding" located at the top of this template.

6. Paste the entire template or most recent update (Mac users: Select Command + V)

7. Now make whatever updates/changes you would like, then hit Submit Reply 
8. Always use [Courier New] Font and font size.[12]

Signature coming soon...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.