Amhara

I-751 December 2017 Filers [merged threads]

2,436 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
7 hours ago, BarbaraL said:

Thank you very much. 

I mostly have everything. Except utilities bills cus they r not under both of our names. Only either his or mines. I think I won’t send affidavits of neighbors. Not sure if I’m being  dumb by not sending it. I just truly rather not bother people. And you know sometimes people don’t like to get bothered so I think I’ll risk it and not send that. Other than that I have life health and car insurances proof that it’s under both of our names. Bank accounts with us and both of our children. I also found an old rent application/approval form before we were married that the very first time we moved out together. I found old cd accounts that are under both of our names from before we got married. I’ll send our 2016 and 2017 tax papers. Oh and I’m forgetting our flight purchases for vacation on 2016 and in 2018 with our girls (the 4 of us).also we have a few credit cards together so I’m gonna check online if there’s any oficial document I can get that proves we have those accounts under both of our names.  Not sure what else to send!!?? Any more ideas? Do you guys think that’s enough? I need to hurry up now because my deadline is April 25   

Thank you very much for your response! 

[1] All the update documents from date of filling to 2019.  [2] If you filed 2018 tax ( using tarbo tax or other software ), send a first few pages [3] Update recent enrollment to medical, 40IK beneficiary,  company life insurance beneficiary [4]  Living will and power of Attorney ( download from Goggle, simple form) for both of you.  [5] Two letters for friends or neighbor confirming your marriage ( optional- but no harm to send) [6] If joint credit card, if you see credit card statement, you will see separate charges to your and your wife card, because same account will have two card numbers, send a few of them

Edited by dilip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
29 minutes ago, dilip said:

[1] All the update documents from date of filling to 2019.  [2] If you filed 2018 tax ( using tarbo tax or other software ), send a first few pages [3] Update recent enrollment to medical, 40IK beneficiary,  company life insurance beneficiary [4]  Living will and power of Attorney ( download from Goggle, simple form) for both of you.  [5] Two letters for friends or neighbor confirming your marriage ( optional- but no harm to send) [6] If joint credit card, if you see credit card statement, you will see separate charges to your and your wife card, because same account will have two card numbers, send a few of them

Credit card doesn’t necessarily have two different card numbers.  Some do.  Capital One does, and Barclays also does.  Most other issue the same card numbers for everyone on the account.

That is the hard part for some couple.  There is no way to tell who is using the cards, but as long as the account have both names on it, I think that is what USCIS is looking for

Timeline
11 minutes ago, GBOS said:

Credit card doesn’t necessarily have two different card numbers.  Some do.  Capital One does, and Barclays also does.  Most other issue the same card numbers for everyone on the account.

That is the hard part for some couple.  There is no way to tell who is using the cards, but as long as the account have both names on it, I think that is what USCIS is looking for

I have capital one and did not look other, but as you said, there will be somewhere it will say both users name and print that out will be okay as a prove and also I would attached pictures of both cards after masking numbers.

Edited by dilip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Today my n400 interview was scheaduled but no news from my ROC no change of status or anything kinda dissapointing same time im happy finally getting an interview for n400

Timeline
1 minute ago, brien0512 said:

Today my n400 interview was scheaduled but no news from my ROC no change of status or anything kinda dissapointing same time im happy finally getting an interview for n400

Best of luck with your N400 interview, please do ask about your ROC and try to get some inside information about USCIS polices for ROC pending and N-400 interview.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, madpnd said:

I finally received my RFE 😫 It says that they need more proof of good faith marriage, joint financial activities, and wills. I have sent most of the original copies on my first application, and I have already sent what is asked. 

We never had bills of utilities under both our names since we lived with my uncle's family and they paid for everything and did not let us pay as a way of helping us earn money before we are ready to move out. I will submit affidavits, copies of my ex-husband's pay stubs, our baggage tags, more photos, conversations between my sisters-in-law, my grandmother-in-law, and my family regarding me and my ex, screenshots of conversations and copies of bank transactions on our old joint checking account.

We were together for almost six years but only married for 11 months. The conversations we had after we separated were hostile, so I'd rather not print those out. I do have photographic proof of the reason for our separation, but I'd also rather not include it. Should I also include screenshots and photos of before our marriage? Also, how many affidavits from people is recommended that I should send? 

All this backreading through our conversations and photos gives me flashbacks and gives me so much emotional distress that it worsens my anxiety 😔

Are you a divorce waiver filer?

Timeline

Oh I see.

And you said you were married for 11 months?

I am a divorce waiver filer as well. 

My documents were mostly, tax documents for 3 years of marriage, letter from the ex husband saying that the marriage was in good faith but it did not work, shared health insurance, beneficiary proof, joint car insurance, phone bills and photos. 

33 minutes ago, szunk19 said:

Oh I see.

And you said you were married for 11 months?

I am a divorce waiver filer as well. 

My documents were mostly, tax documents for 3 years of marriage, letter from the ex husband saying that the marriage was in good faith but it did not work, shared health insurance, beneficiary proof, joint car insurance, phone bills and photos. 

Yes. We had health insurance, car insurance and photos since we have two sons. I’m just worried because I mistakenly sent them all the original copies (except for birth and marriage cert, divorce decree) and I’m anxious they might need more. 

4 minutes ago, szunk19 said:

Did the RFE just ask you to send more proof or did they ask something specific?

They asked me for children’s paperworks, joint financial statements, joint bills and leases, and wills. I already submitted my sons’ pictures and birth certificates, copies of our joint checking account statements, mine and his paychecks, even his driving permit and my first driver’s license with the same address. The thing is, we never had bills or leases under our names because my uncle paid for everything and didn’t ask us to pay. The only thing that’s under our names is our joint checking account and insurances. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, torres10 said:

That's awesome , congratulations. When is it?

It didnt show up on my document tub yet ill post later when it show up 

Timeline

And which date did you file in Dec 2017?

I filed on 26th Jan 2017 and my case got transferred to Nebraska :(

2 hours ago, madpnd said:

They asked me for children’s paperworks, joint financial statements, joint bills and leases, and wills. I already submitted my sons’ pictures and birth certificates, copies of our joint checking account statements, mine and his paychecks, even his driving permit and my first driver’s license with the same address. The thing is, we never had bills or leases under our names because my uncle paid for everything and didn’t ask us to pay. The only thing that’s under our names is our joint checking account and insurances. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.