Amhara

I-751 December 2017 Filers [merged threads]

2,436 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, 

I just received an RFE notification in my e-mail, and I’m worried to my wits since I bought my plane ticket for May 17th 😰. I have read before that usually RFEs with divorce waivers have higher possibilities of requiring an interview. 

I’m worried that it might affect my travel plans on May, and possibly have an interview scheduled at the time I am away. I will only be gone for two weeks, but my anxiety is not helping me at all 😫. Has anyone tried traveling with an RFE and extension letter? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
48 minutes ago, madpnd said:

Hello everyone, 

I just received an RFE notification in my e-mail, and I’m worried to my wits since I bought my plane ticket for May 17th 😰. I have read before that usually RFEs with divorce waivers have higher possibilities of requiring an interview. 

I’m worried that it might affect my travel plans on May, and possibly have an interview scheduled at the time I am away. I will only be gone for two weeks, but my anxiety is not helping me at all 😫. Has anyone tried traveling with an RFE and extension letter? 

No, that is not true about the impact to your travel as long as you return the requested documents by due date and/or attend the interview (if called) as scheduled.

You are a lawful permanent resident (LPR), and you will remain LPR.  Your status would change only if your I-751 is denied with cause (and that is not easy to do procedurally by USCIS).

2 hours ago, madpnd said:

Hello everyone, 

Hey @madpnd Thanks for letting us know about your updates. From the look of Jan Filers that I'm collating too, it seems like the RFE is given a period of time to send the required documents back to USCIS, and the time period is about a month, I think you should be fine, moreover the extension letter is what they are looking at. As long as you do not miss the interview. Perhaps let's wait for the RFE letter, and see when the due date is, and let USCIS know about your travel dates? Is your air ticket an open ticket, are you able to change the dates?

@LCHANG Thanks for the update, our list only note when case is move from State to State, but its really good news that your case is moving! Some of us are not moving since last year! (Like me :( )

Edited by Roy&Chanel

Removal of Conditions I-751

29 December 2017 - ROC Filing Opening Date (Expiry 29 Mar 2018)

29 December 2017 - I-751 Priority Mail shipped to VSC

2 January 2018 - Package delivered

8 January 2018 - Check cashed in

11 January 2018 - NOA received (DATE of NOA: 3 JAN 2018)

22 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment letter received

30 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment

11 August 2018 - 18 Months extension received (Exp on Sept 2019)

8 April 2019 - I751 Approved

12 April 2019 - NOA and greencard received

Help us all by updating your Timeline and Profile!:D

1. Click on your blue nickname on top right corner, there will be a dropdown menu> My Timeline > Edit/Add My Entry.

2. Click on your blue nickname at top right corner, dropdown menu > Account Settings > Profile > Edit Profile (Black button) > change your Filed for and Location.

3. If you would like to update your signature, click on your blue nickname on top right corner, dropdown menu> Account Settings > Left menu click on Signature.

IMPT: If you change address, DO NOT FORGET TO fill up AR-11 Online,for your USC Spouse, fill up I-865! 

3 minutes ago, Roy&Chanel said:

Hey @madpnd Thanks for letting us know about your updates. From the look of Jan Filers that I'm collating too, it seems like the RFE is given a period of time to send the required documents back to USCIS, and the time period is about a month, I think you should be fine, moreover the extension letter is what they are looking at. As long as you do not miss the interview. Perhaps let's wait for the RFE letter, and see when the due date is, and let USCIS know about your travel dates? Is your air ticket an open ticket, are you able to change the dates?

@LCHANG Thanks for the update, our list only note when case is move from State to State, but its really good news that your case is moving! Some of us are not moving since last year! (Like me :( )

Unfortunately, it’s not an open ticket. I leave by May 17 and get back on June 3. My concern is what if they send the interview letter when I’m gone 😰. Do you know how can I inform them of my travel dates? Thank you for replying. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, madpnd said:

Unfortunately, it’s not an open ticket. I leave by May 17 and get back on June 3. My concern is what if they send the interview letter when I’m gone 😰. Do you know how can I inform them of my travel dates? Thank you for replying. 

@Roy&Chanel @madpnd

RFE will give you 84 days exactly to respond.  That is coded in USCIS regulations.

32 minutes ago, GBOS said:

@Roy&Chanel @madpnd

RFE will give you 84 days exactly to respond.  That is coded in USCIS regulations.

32 minutes ago, GBOS said:

@Roy&Chanel @madpnd

My RFE was mailed today from USCIS. I cannot wait the last minute to submit it just so I have leeway from my trip. I just hope they don’t request an interview in the middle of my trip dates. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, madpnd said:

My RFE was mailed today from USCIS. I cannot wait the last minute to submit it just so I have leeway from my trip. I just hope they don’t request an interview in the middle of my trip dates. 

@madpnd - it will not be an interview (yet, if there is to be one).  The adjudication process is by the book.  RFE is the step taken to resolve any issue that could be resolved by “documentary evidence” first.

Only if what you submit still doesn’t satisfy the officer working on your case, then the case may be “transferred” to your local office for an interview.  If that happens, it will take however long it takes for your local office to schedule you for an interview.

I am one of those nerds and I read the entire adjudication manual, which must be followed by all adjudicating officers.  I know pretty much all procedurals and steps USCIS are required to follow before they can do anything.  Immigration process is very bureaucratic and that is why it takes forever for cases to be processed (apart from their “don’t care” attitude).  Even your RFE must be reviewed by a supervisor before it can be sent to you, if the officer is a junior person by rank.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
6 hours ago, Roy&Chanel said:

Oh my that is something we have to really look out for when we get our greencard! I wouldn't know about fingerprints on it if you did not mention bout it! Thanks for letting us know, this is so important!

Thanks for the info, I'll update it on the list! And yeap back to the waiting game but good luck!

@LCHANG Hey there, welcome to the forum! Would really appreciate if you can give us the details of the dates as below:

Service Center: California/Vermont

Date of I751 Submission: 

NOA Issue Date:

NOA Received Date:

N400: YES/NO if you applied

Biometrics Date:

Thanks for the info! 

Thank you!

@Roy&Chanel  Thank you for your help.  Good luck to us all.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline
7 hours ago, CharlieTanger said:

What time are you guys getting the text or e-mail that says you're approved?  Is it at night or morning or random times?  :wacko:

I received a text message and an email at 7:00 pm ET on a Saturday, it made my weekend 😁

53 minutes ago, Rami1T said:

I received a text message and an email at 7:00 pm ET on a Saturday, it made my weekend 😁

Hey there congrats to you getting approved, it would be great if you can share with us ur info so we can include you on list, if you're a Dec Filer..

Will need these info:

Service Center: California/Vermont

Date of I751 Submission: 

NOA Issue Date:

NOA Received Date:

N400: YES/NO if you applied

Biometrics Date:

Removal of Conditions I-751

29 December 2017 - ROC Filing Opening Date (Expiry 29 Mar 2018)

29 December 2017 - I-751 Priority Mail shipped to VSC

2 January 2018 - Package delivered

8 January 2018 - Check cashed in

11 January 2018 - NOA received (DATE of NOA: 3 JAN 2018)

22 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment letter received

30 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment

11 August 2018 - 18 Months extension received (Exp on Sept 2019)

8 April 2019 - I751 Approved

12 April 2019 - NOA and greencard received

Help us all by updating your Timeline and Profile!:D

1. Click on your blue nickname on top right corner, there will be a dropdown menu> My Timeline > Edit/Add My Entry.

2. Click on your blue nickname at top right corner, dropdown menu > Account Settings > Profile > Edit Profile (Black button) > change your Filed for and Location.

3. If you would like to update your signature, click on your blue nickname on top right corner, dropdown menu> Account Settings > Left menu click on Signature.

IMPT: If you change address, DO NOT FORGET TO fill up AR-11 Online,for your USC Spouse, fill up I-865! 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
14 hours ago, DoraS said:

My case hasn't been transferred. So I assume they are approving cases randomly as well. I have a friend who is an August 2017 filer, and she hasn't seen any movement yet! She is also a Vermont filer.

Thanks for sharing, would you care to share the supporting documents you submitted for the application?

Hi,  we got the standard 1 year extension letter last year.  My wife's 2 year card expires on March 12, 2019.

Our baby is due March 31 to April 6th - and I need to make sure we can renew my wife's NC drivers license

as it expires on March 12th when her green card extension expires.  I tried making an appointment at

our local office online, but the infopass system says this office is not accepting appointments.  When

I try calling the USCIS phone number I just get a menu system that goes in circles and never gives me

an option to speak with a live person.

Does anyone know what number I can call to speak to someone about extending her current card until

the 10 year card is approved?  I just want to get her drivers license renewed so she can get to doctors

appointments, etc...

We never got the 18 month extension.

Thanks much.

I-751 sent Dec. 27th, 2018

NOA - 01/03/2018

Biometrics - 01/31/2018

27 minutes ago, Rob63 said:

Hi,  we got the standard 1 year extension letter last year.  My wife's 2 year card expires on March 12, 2019.

Our baby is due March 31 to April 6th - and I need to make sure we can renew my wife's NC drivers license

as it expires on March 12th when her green card extension expires.  I tried making an appointment at

our local office online, but the infopass system says this office is not accepting appointments.  When

I try calling the USCIS phone number I just get a menu system that goes in circles and never gives me

an option to speak with a live person.

Does anyone know what number I can call to speak to someone about extending her current card until

the 10 year card is approved?  I just want to get her drivers license renewed so she can get to doctors

appointments, etc...

We never got the 18 month extension.

Thanks much.

I-751 sent Dec. 27th, 2018

NOA - 01/03/2018

Biometrics - 01/31/2018

Submit an online inquiry of the status of the 18 month extension. That should take a relatively short time, but do it soon.  Allow for at least 2 months. Who knows, whoever processes the inquiry might just go ahead and approve your case?

Signature coming soon...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.