Amhara

I-751 December 2017 Filers [merged threads]

2,436 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Tar999 said:

Thanks, however, is it not a better idea to apply for N400 as soon as you are eligible if citizenship is the end goal?  I know it 'might' take longer for I751 to be adjudicated but you also save time that you would lose if you simply wait for the I751 to go through.  Of note, some people have been waiting for 18 months (or more) for their I751.

It depends on your luck. There are a lot of people in this forum who applied for citizenship and it didn’t affect their ROC at all. While waiting for citizenship interview, they received their 10y green cards. 

Since my goal was citizenship, I , personally, applied as soon as I became eligible. My office shows 12+ months for the process, but when I was on biometrics, the officer told me it was not correct, and that in my office everyone gets citizenship within 3-5 months.  I haven’t received my GC yet, but neither did anyone from my case number range..

so yes, even if I’m not lucky, and applying for N400 will affect my ROC time, I’m ok to live a little bit longer with extension letter. I just want all this immigration process to be over already. 

December filler, took my citizenship biometrics one month ago.. waiting for interview to be scheduled. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline
4 hours ago, dilip said:

Tar999- It can happen, but after 24 hrs, you can check.  However there is no point checking everyday, if you registered email address and cell phone , you will get update if your case is approved and they are not moving first, so it is a waiting game and if you apply for N-400 while ROC is pending, then good luck, it will be a longer waiting time.

Just for your information, lots of September, October, Nov, 2017 are still waiting including myself

I don’t agree with you that applying for an400 while ROC is pending will be a longer wait time, I’m a January filer wac18096*** and I applied for N400 on Jan 2, 10 days after my biometrics I was approved, so please don’t mislead the people in the thread, attorneys are the ones who asked me to apply to speed the process 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Rami1T- Let me correct myself.  Yes while ROC is waiting, if you apply N-400, you still might get your ROC approved ( reported by several visa journey friends) and other's cases were transfer to NBC and then  they will be sent to local office and will have combine interview.  I am assuming in that situation, it is depend on the local office''s waiting time ( correct me if I am wrong).  In my case it is Philadelphia and waiting time is 9.5 to 20 months, but people are done with 10-12 months ( normal cases).

For your information, my ultimate goal is US citizen and I applied when my window was open and my ROC is still pending.  

On 2/17/2019 at 10:48 AM, DoraS said:

I just got my approval notice and the message that my new card has been mailed. :)

Congrats! Please update your Timeline. :) 

When was your NOA date?  And the first four numbers of your case (EAC-XXXX)?

56 minutes ago, CharlieTanger said:

Congrats! Please update your Timeline. :) 

When was your NOA date?  And the first four numbers of your case (EAC-XXXX)?

Thank you :)

Approval Noa date: 12 February

case number: EAC 1806xxxx

Anxiously awaiting for approval so my husband can apply for citizenship. 

7/17/15 Got Married!

7/20/15 Submitted AOS/EAD/AP

7/29/15 Checks cashed for I-131 and I-485

8/01/15 Received notices in mail for I-130, I-765, I-131, and 1-485

8/07/15 Received biometrics appt letter

8/21/15 Successful biometrics appt

9/22/15 EAD/AP approval online

9/28/15 Received EAD/AP approval notice in mail

9/30/15 Received EAD/AP card in mail

1/11/16 Interview scheduled for 2/16/16

2/16/16 Green card approval!!

12/16/17 Mailed I-751

12/19/17 Received NOA1

1/23/18 Biometrics

2/26/2019 Conditions removed

3/5/2019 Received 10 year green card

8/30/2019 Submitted N-400

15 hours ago, TZYe said:

Very frustrating to see applicants from February getting their approvals and December barely getting any attention in Vermont.

I’m a December 2017 filer as well, my approval NOA date is 12 February 2019!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
46 minutes ago, DoraS said:

I’m a December 2017 filer as well, my approval NOA date is 12 February 2019!

From my observation,  the December Vermont center filers that have been approved are mostly the ones whose cases have been transferred to either their local offices or other service centers, Vermont center itself hasn't sped up much.  Correct me if I'm wrong.  

1 hour ago, classyam said:

From my observation,  the December Vermont center filers that have been approved are mostly the ones whose cases have been transferred to either their local offices or other service centers, Vermont center itself hasn't sped up much.  Correct me if I'm wrong.  

Mine was transferred to my "local office," but I haven't seen any movement yet...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.