Amhara

I-751 December 2017 Filers [merged threads]

2,436 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, dwg866899 said:

Thank you so much @Linxx ok will ask her to call and make that appointment. I just googled infopass appointment to read about it. but interview is standard like we had the interview before so can we request for thejm to interview us before we plan on leaving?

I don’t think so, but you can definitely delay a interview. You’d have to have a way of finding out the interview date should it come about. I think you can sign up for text and email updates on your case but these aren’t always reliable as I was signed up and didn’t receive any after a while.

59 minutes ago, Linxx said:

I don’t think so, but you can definitely delay a interview. You’d have to have a way of finding out the interview date should it come about. I think you can sign up for text and email updates on your case but these aren’t always reliable as I was signed up and didn’t receive any after a while.

Thank you for all your help @Linxx really appreciate it i already texted my wife shes at work...to call and ask for infopass stamp appointment schedule. I guess it is safe to say my wife is not the nly one who is still pending after 18 month expiration? I really appreciate all the help @Nayda

2 minutes ago, dwg866899 said:

Thank you for all your help @Linxx really appreciate it i already texted my wife shes at work...to call and ask for infopass stamp appointment schedule. I guess it is safe to say my wife is not the nly one who is still pending after 18 month expiration? I really appreciate all the help @Nayda

No problem. a lot of people are waiting a long time after 18-month extension letter, I read some guy had even two stamps in his passport.
about infopass: you have to call 1-800- number and get the representative. Then they connect you to the Tier2 officer (higher rank), or they call you back within 24-72 hours. The Tier2 officer checks out the reason you need an infopass, you explain it is the stamp I-551 because extension letter expired and your wife still didn’t get the green card approved. You wife needs to be with you during the call, or let her talk to the officer. They will schedule an appointment for your local office where you belong. You print out the scheduled appointment with the code, that paper gets you into the building.
You can’t call local office directly or walk-in. Only thru 1-800 number you can get an infopass. 

About interview: most probably you will not have I-751 interview. They send the letter 2-3 weeks ahead if you do. I recommend checking status online and mailbox also. 

i was abroad when they approved my I-751 and the card arrived to the mail. It happened exactly after 19 months from applying, and the maximum processing time was 19.5 months for California Service Center.

1 minute ago, Nayda said:

No problem. a lot of people are waiting a long time after 18-month extension letter, I read some guy had even two stamps in his passport.
about infopass: you have to call 1-800- number and get the representative. Then they connect you to the Tier2 officer (higher rank), or they call you back within 24-72 hours. The Tier2 officer checks out the reason you need an infopass, you explain it is the stamp I-551 because extension letter expired and your wife still didn’t get the green card approved. You wife needs to be with you during the call, or let her talk to the officer. They will schedule an appointment for your local office where you belong. You print out the scheduled appointment with the code, that paper gets you into the building.
You can’t call local office directly or walk-in. Only thru 1-800 number you can get an infopass. 

About interview: most probably you will not have I-751 interview. They send the letter 2-3 weeks ahead if you do. I recommend checking status online and mailbox also. 

i was abroad when they approved my I-751 and the card arrived to the mail. It happened exactly after 19 months from applying, and the maximum processing time was 19.5 months for California Service Center.

Thank you so much... So maybe no need for us to spend for a lawyer nowe that we have our questions answered by very helpful &kind people here. I am so thankful I found this Website. (&by the way I wanted to share link with wife so she can ready all your stories... &I stopped myself because realizing now I just wrote about how I overheard her kitchen conversation with her sister haha how do I delete that). 

1 minute ago, dwg866899 said:

Thank you so much... So maybe no need for us to spend for a lawyer nowe that we have our questions answered by very helpful &kind people here. I am so thankful I found this Website. (&by the way I wanted to share link with wife so she can ready all your stories... &I stopped myself because realizing now I just wrote about how I overheard her kitchen conversation with her sister haha how do I delete that). 

I found everything here on Visa Journey, I did all my papers and applications by myself, never lawyer included. People are very helpful, and you have to read a lot and going back thru answers. Different cases, different experiences. There is no one rule, unfortunately. 

You can go to your post and “edit” and delete what you want to delete. 

On 6/19/2019 at 3:01 PM, Unchained said:

Mine hasn't changed either after bio-metric 6/10. This is becoming very troubling. What could be going on?

Just reading through past entries and saw your entries @Unchained & @addy&julie my wife also  had biometrics this June around same time as you... (althugh before that she was told in a letter "no need for biometrics")... Maybe when your cases see movement my wife will see movement too! I need to share this forum with her.

2 hours ago, Nayda said:

I just made appointment to get passport stamp next week. I’m on 19 month waiting after file I751 hope will get something soon. The CSC process time now increase to 20.5 months then I can send an inquire but hopefully will here something before. Thank you for sharing.

2 hours ago, dwg866899 said:

Your wife are not alone! I’m in the same boat. I’m going to get passport stamp next week. And hope will hear something since close to maximum process time.

8 minutes ago, memoday said:

Your wife are not alone! I’m in the same boat. I’m going to get passport stamp next week. And hope will hear something since close to maximum process time.

Thank you @memoday... I think my wife is now on her 21st month? Because she filed on December 2017... Which means this December will be 24th month... So more than 20.5 months for sure... If we are correct by counting from the date we submitted our/her 751. 

15 minutes ago, memoday said:

I just made appointment to get passport stamp next week. I’m on 19 month waiting after file I751 hope will get something soon. The CSC process time now increase to 20.5 months then I can send an inquire but hopefully will here something before. Thank you for sharing.

How do I or we know which uscis center is in charge of our case? 

7 minutes ago, dwg866899 said:

How do I or we know which uscis center is in charge of our case? 

Go to the USCIS website and they have “field offices” link somewhere. And you can enter your zip code, it will give you the USCIS office where you belong to. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yesterday we finally got an update. Now after all this time they want more evidence, so until I get the letter telling me what evidence they want, our case is on hold......yeah I am so happy! (major sarcasm)

Guys, today sept 27,  is indeed a day that the lord has made. I got notification some hrs ago that my card is being produced. Guys, this is the 21st month from filing.

Thank you all for the help and for those with similar timeline, hang in there, i believe in the next week or 2, you’ll hear something positive.

#WAC1808700

unchained.!

19 minutes ago, Unchained said:

Guys, today sept 27,  is indeed a day that the lord has made. I got notification some hrs ago that my card is being produced. Guys, this is the 21st month from filing.

Thank you all for the help and for those with similar timeline, hang in there, i believe in the next week or 2, you’ll hear something positive.

#WAC1808700

unchained.!

Congratulations!!! Did you get RFE? Or nothing since filed?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.