Amhara

I-751 December 2017 Filers [merged threads]

2,436 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Maritah -  If you file on line, it will ask specific documents to attach.  Open an online account and start the process to  find out what they are asking for.   There is a tap for additional documentation,  but no need to submit bank statement ( three year tax transcript will be okay).  You may submit lease and house purchase documents as  an additional document.  N-400 will always have an interview and if they ask any documents, you can show them, so no harm to bring with you bank statements and the full ROC document folder with you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 hours ago, dilip said:

Maritah -  If you file on line, it will ask specific documents to attach.  Open an online account and start the process to  find out what they are asking for.   There is a tap for additional documentation,  but no need to submit bank statement ( three year tax transcript will be okay).  You may submit lease and house purchase documents as  an additional document.  N-400 will always have an interview and if they ask any documents, you can show them, so no harm to bring with you bank statements and the full ROC document folder with you.

@dilip 

Thank you very much!  I will check the online process, I appreciate a lot that you clarified to me about the bank statements, that will make it easier to me!

Best regards!

M. 

event.png

May/29/2024 -- N-400 submitted online.

May/29/2024 -- NOA 1 released online.

May/29/2024 -- Biometrics Reuse letter released online. 

Jun/03/2024 -- Received the Biometrics Reuse letter in our mailbox at home.

July/21/2024 -- We got an email with the notice that the N-400 interview was scheduled. 

July 26/2024-- We received the physical letter with the notice that the N-400 interview was scheduled.

Sep/05/2024 -- N-400 Interview (passed!)

Sep/05/2024 -- Oath Ceremony will be scheduled. 

Sep/06/2024 -- We got an email with the notice that the Oath Ceremony was scheduled. 

Sep/17/2024 -- We received the physical letter with the info about the Oath Ceremony. 

10 hours ago, Maritah said:

Hi all, 

For the ones that applied to the N-400, can somebody please share the checklist of the documents that were sent? 

Not sure If I have to sent an entire bulk like I did it in my ROC. 

I am still trying to decide If I apply online or do the normal file to mail it.

Thanks in advance! 

M. 

Hi! I applied online N400 on Jan 2nd, still waiting for my 751. I don’t know if my document N400 check list is correct as I haven’t gotten any request for additional evidence. I will tell you what I attached. The process online is super easy and once you are done, you will be able to download PDF form of N400, for your convenience. 

- Expired Green card (back and front), and 18 months extension letter (both pages)

- marriage certificate 

- annulment of previous marriage of my husband 

- birth certificate of our son

- certification of naturalization of my husband

- all joint insurances where my name shows up like health and car insurance

- tax returns of 2015/16/17, as 2018 couldn’t have been done. I will take that one to the interview one it happens

- photos from relationship, marriage with kids, our travels together

- bank statements chosen randomly from each year since we got married (like 3 of each year)

If you have something more, just send them, because it is better for hem to have extra than to prolong process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

- ROC and N-400 process are different.  ROC is rarely conduct interview, so the  burden of proof is on us and more documents ( particularly financial intermingling)   you provided as a proof of  genuine marriage, less chances for RFE and interview.  That is the reason to provide bank statements ( to show that we share responsibility together), IRS tax transcripts and pictures.

But N-400, you will go for interview and  will have chance to produce documents

It is up to the individual to add more additional documents, but bank statement or pictures are not needed and you can bring those during interview and if they ask for them, you can produce them, but they rarely ask.

However,  original birth certificate of foreign born citizen is important.

https://www.uscis.gov/files/form/attachments.pdf

I made an inquiry into my I-751. USCIS confirmed that it had been transferred to my local office in Atlanta and they confirmed that my I-751 and N-400 would be adjudicated at the same time. So I'm just waiting for that interview I guess.

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

K-1: NOA1 to Visa Approval - 8 MONTHS, 19 DAYS

AOS: NOA1 to Green Card Approval - 3 MONTHS, 16 DAYS

ROC:  - NOA1: January 16, 2018; Case Received at Local Office: January 5, 2019;...

Citizenship:  - In Progress Estimated Completion Time: July 2020 (18 Months)

37 minutes ago, racheal&david said:

I made an inquiry into my I-751. USCIS confirmed that it had been transferred to my local office in Atlanta and they confirmed that my I-751 and N-400 would be adjudicated at the same time. So I'm just waiting for that interview I guess.

How did you make this type of inquiry?

AOS

1/14/2016 - Mailed I-485/130/131/765
1/15/2016 - USPS tracking confirmed delivery
1/21/2016 - Text message confirmations received
1/26/2016 - Physical mail receipts received for all 4
2/06/2016 - Biometric letter arrived for appt
2/19/2016 - Biometric appointment
2/29/2016 - Status updated on website: "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"
3/08/2016 - Interview is scheduled for April 8
4/02/2016 - I-765 status set to: New Card is Being Produced; I-131 status set to: Case Was Approved
4/06/2016 - I765 Card was Mailed
4/08/2016 - EAD/AP Combo Card received in the mail; Greencard Interview same day,
4/11/2016 - Online update - I485/I130 are APPROVED!
4/13/2016 - Welcome Letter received in the mail; update online shows Greencard has been mailed

4/18/2016 - GREENCARD ARRIVED!!!

Removal of Conditions

1/10/2018 - Mailed I-751 Next Day Service

1/11/2018 - Arrived to PO Box in Laguna Niguel

1/11/2018 - NOA Notice Date

1/18/2018 - NOA(Extension Letter) physically received in mail

N-400 Application (While I-751 is still Pending)

1/14/2019 - Applied for N400 Online

1/15/2019 - Received notice of acceptance via email

1/19/2019 - Online notice received that biometrics was scheduled

2/04/2019 - Biometrics Appointment schedule and completed this day

2/05/2019 - Update on website that biometrics received and no information needed at this time

6/24/2019 - Online Update that Interview is Scheduled

6/26/2019 - Document available online - Interview scheduled for 7/29/2019

7/29/2019 - Interview.... approved!

8/24/2019 - Oath Ceremony

5 minutes ago, edpa said:

How did you make this type of inquiry?

Through online inquiry. I hadn't received a notice for my case being transferred to the local office so I used that and pretty much went into a lot more explanation and queries etc. They provided some decent information. They're also sending a duplicate transfer notice which I should've received.

Edited by racheal&david

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

ROC:  - NOA1: January 16, 2018; Case Received at Local Office: January 5, 2019;...

47 minutes ago, racheal&david said:

Through online inquiry. I hadn't received a notice for my case being transferred to the local office so I used that and pretty much went into a lot more explanation and queries etc. They provided some decent information. They're also sending a duplicate transfer notice which I should've received.

Oh, can you point me on how to do that? How did you know you were supposed to receive the notice? 

AOS

1/14/2016 - Mailed I-485/130/131/765
1/15/2016 - USPS tracking confirmed delivery
1/21/2016 - Text message confirmations received
1/26/2016 - Physical mail receipts received for all 4
2/06/2016 - Biometric letter arrived for appt
2/19/2016 - Biometric appointment
2/29/2016 - Status updated on website: "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"
3/08/2016 - Interview is scheduled for April 8
4/02/2016 - I-765 status set to: New Card is Being Produced; I-131 status set to: Case Was Approved
4/06/2016 - I765 Card was Mailed
4/08/2016 - EAD/AP Combo Card received in the mail; Greencard Interview same day,
4/11/2016 - Online update - I485/I130 are APPROVED!
4/13/2016 - Welcome Letter received in the mail; update online shows Greencard has been mailed

4/18/2016 - GREENCARD ARRIVED!!!

Removal of Conditions

1/10/2018 - Mailed I-751 Next Day Service

1/11/2018 - Arrived to PO Box in Laguna Niguel

1/11/2018 - NOA Notice Date

1/18/2018 - NOA(Extension Letter) physically received in mail

N-400 Application (While I-751 is still Pending)

1/14/2019 - Applied for N400 Online

1/15/2019 - Received notice of acceptance via email

1/19/2019 - Online notice received that biometrics was scheduled

2/04/2019 - Biometrics Appointment schedule and completed this day

2/05/2019 - Update on website that biometrics received and no information needed at this time

6/24/2019 - Online Update that Interview is Scheduled

6/26/2019 - Document available online - Interview scheduled for 7/29/2019

7/29/2019 - Interview.... approved!

8/24/2019 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all! I am actually a January filer, but I was curious to know how quickly anyone filing at WAC got their NOA's? Mine is on 35th day today. THANK YOU!

I am the beneficiary originally from UK !!

ROC Timeline:

01.04.19: I-751 Received @ Phoenix

01.09.19: Check Cashed

02.13.19: NOA Received

04.30.19: Biometrics Completed

1 hour ago, edpa said:

Oh, can you point me on how to do that? How did you know you were supposed to receive the notice? 

Go here: https://egov.uscis.gov/e-Request/Intro.do and submit your request from there. My case was transferred according to my online status but I hadn't received a physical notice. I didn’t know they’d actually end up sending a physical one but since they are I’m not complaining.

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi Guys, I have been a quite follower and been taken action based on the posts. I applied N400 ( 90 days of my 3rd yr) on Jan 7 ,2019 . I have completed the bio metric on Jan 23 (walk in)., original interview date was Feb 2nd. After the bio metric, i also received an email few hours later saying my I751 case had moved on local office . Today i received email notice on my N400 for interview scheduled for March 14th. I don't think its a combo interview for sure. What do i do ? do i contact USCIS on the N400 saying i received interview notice by my I751 is still pending ? or do i not do anything and just go the interview for N400 ?

Edited by basha

29 minutes ago, basha said:

Hi Guys, I have been a quite follower and been taken action based on the posts. I applied N400 ( 90 days of my 3rd yr) on Jan 7 ,2019 . I have completed the bio metric on Jan 23 (walk in)., original interview date was Feb 2nd. After the bio metric, i also received an email few hours later saying my I751 case had moved on local office . Today i received email notice on my N400 for interview scheduled for March 14th. I don't think its a combo interview for sure. What do i do ? do i contact USCIS on the N400 saying i received interview notice by my I751 is still pending ? or do i not do anything and just go the interview for N400 ?

What makes you say that your ROC being moved a few hours after your USC biometrics is not a combo interview?  Dude, you are going to get US citizenship in a month - naturalized by April 2019, I am certain.  Just call USCIS, ask for a tier two person, and I will be very surprised if they don't tell you that you will have a combo interview in March.

Fastest USC interview ever.  Consider yourself fortunate.

Signature coming soon...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Amhara said:

What makes you say that your ROC being moved a few hours after your USC biometrics is not a combo interview?  Dude, you are going to get US citizenship in a month - naturalized by April 2019, I am certain.  Just call USCIS, ask for a tier two person, and I will be very surprised if they don't tell you that you will have a combo interview in March.

Fastest USC interview ever.  Consider yourself fortunate.

@Amhara There was no movement with 751 since April 2018. As soon as i completed the N400 biometric on Jan 23rd, The next day Jan 24 , my 751 ROC had movement and i received  a letter . How do i confirm  N400 and 751 combo on MArch 14 ? 

image.thumb.png.317c8d91a88d3f1e44e8006c02e33808.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
2 minutes ago, basha said:

@Amhara There was no movement with 751 since April 2018. As soon as i completed the N400 biometric on Jan 23rd, The next day Jan 24 , my 751 ROC had movement and i received  a letter . How do i confirm  N400 and 751 combo on MArch 14 ? 

image.thumb.png.317c8d91a88d3f1e44e8006c02e33808.png

basha - it is a standard procedure, outlining in the USCIS Adjudicator Manual that the N400 can only be adjudicated AFTER or TOGETHER with I751.  A lot of people here in VJ has this experience in which their pending I-751 file gets transferred a few weeks after they filed for N400.  In most cases, files will be received and waiting for you at the local office (GOOD) and both cases will be adjudicating at the same time.  You should be sure to bring your spouse with (some IO doesn't care to interview I-751, but many do).

It has been reported in many forums that many times the I-751 file does not arrive by the time an applicant has N-400 interview (BAD) and two things can happen:

1. N-400 interview proceeds and you are to wait to be called back for I-751 interview

2. N-400 interview will be postponed until I-751 file is received

Both scenarios have been reported here in multiple threads.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.