Amhara

I-751 December 2017 Filers [merged threads]

2,436 posts in this topic

Biometrics finished! :)

Was very very simple. Took about 10mins with no wait. Picture and fingerprints only. Quick. 

What’s the next step after the biometrics? The interview (if needed) and Approval, I assume? 

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Had my biometrics done yesterday too.  Like everyone else the wait wasn't long and no troubles. 

I did get the feeling these guys don't really chat with the clients.  Although in the end after the doing the prints and giving me back the letter and initial form, he told me "it's all done. now you just need to wait for the new renewal card in the mail."

It was nice to say but I know it's not all that easy :)

No biometrics appointment letter as of yet :( 

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

K-1: NOA1 to Visa Approval - 8 MONTHS, 19 DAYS

AOS: NOA1 to Green Card Approval - 3 MONTHS, 16 DAYS

ROC:  - NOA1: January 16, 2018; Case Received at Local Office: January 5, 2019;...

Citizenship:  - In Progress Estimated Completion Time: July 2020 (18 Months)

Hi! I am new. So I ll be glad if you update the list with my info. TIA!

Here is my progress so far:

I filed I751(using old version, ops) on December 28th with VSC.

Application received on December 29th.

Check cashed on Jan 12th.

NOA date Jan 10.

NOA received Jan 16th. Still waiting for biometrics. 

On the other hand, right after filing, I traveled abroad for 20 days without waiting for NOA to arrive. I had no problems coming back.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

just finished my Biometrics today. The time i entered in the USCIS center and the time i finished and got out of the center was 9 minutes total. Quick and easy.

Hi Everyone,

I got an NOA1 date of 12/14/2017 for my ROC. Should I be concerned that I have yet to receive a letter with a biometrics appointment?

Thank you!

Frances

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 5:23 PM, Amhara said:

Yeah, that sounds strange.  I never heard that from anyone before.  I know my husband's GC was approved relatively fast from our AOS, but I haven't seen someone needing to go for a new biometrics.  Maybe read over some September/October 2016 ROC threads were CSC people may still be waiting.  Starting at the last page and reading backwards may show some people saying they were surprised at a GC being approved.

On another note, someone in the Nov 2017 ROC filer thread found out they had a biometrics appointment scheduled, but didn't receive the letter.  We will call if no biometrics letter is received after Feb 5th (our NOA date is Dec 26th).

Hi @Amhara,

I am thinking about calling as well since my NOA1 is 12/14/2017 and I still have not received a Biometrics appointment. Are you planning to phone the (800) number listed at the bottom of the NOA1?

Thank you so much!

Same boat as you guys @FrancesTaber....I got NOA1 Dated December 15 2017 and still have not got my Biometric letter.

After calling several times and talk to customer service I have not got any useful information from them , so today I decided to request to talk to Tier2 and they transferred me with no issues. I've waited 36 mins and got the call back from an IO , he gave me a case number so I can check online and put in a request for Biometric Appointment.

So my advice , I would call and do that as well.

Good Luck! 

On 2/2/2018 at 3:34 PM, torres10 said:

Same boat as you guys @FrancesTaber....I got NOA1 Dated December 15 2017 and still have not got my Biometric letter.

After calling several times and talk to customer service I have not got any useful information from them , so today I decided to request to talk to Tier2 and they transferred me with no issues. I've waited 36 mins and got the call back from an IO , he gave me a case number so I can check online and put in a request for Biometric Appointment.

So my advice , I would call and do that as well.

Good Luck! 

Thanks for the advise, @torres10. Would you mind letting me know which phone number you called? I tried phoning the (800) number listed on the NOA1 but could not get through to a real person for the life of me. Any tips? Thanks! 

1 hour ago, torres10 said:

@FrancesTaber here is the number I called (800) 375-5283 and I  typed 1 2 2 2 ....customer service rep answered and then I requested to speak to level 2.

Thank you so much @torres10, I really appreciate it!

All, don't forget to update your Visa Journey Timelines on here! It helps the website keep track of the Approval rates under the Processing Time tracker.

Also, if you want direct contact of any "touches" or when you're Approved... update your My Case Status on the USCIS website to get automatic updates to your phone and/or e-mail.

On 2/2/2018 at 1:16 PM, FrancesTaber said:

Hi @Amhara,

I am thinking about calling as well since my NOA1 is 12/14/2017 and I still have not received a Biometrics appointment. Are you planning to phone the (800) number listed at the bottom of the NOA1?

Thank you so much!

I know another member gave you correct info already, but we do plan to call this week.  The 9th will be the 45th day for us.  No biometrics letter for honey bear yet.  I think the 12th may be safer for us to call, but I will post our success/failure of our call!

Signature coming soon...

15 hours ago, Amhara said:

I know another member gave you correct info already, but we do plan to call this week.  The 9th will be the 45th day for us.  No biometrics letter for honey bear yet.  I think the 12th may be safer for us to call, but I will post our success/failure of our call!

I'm hoping to phone this week so I'll let you know the outcome as well! Thanks :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.