Swissmiss82

I-129F June, Part II

5,784 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Kari & Atti said:

I’m just an emotional roller coaster lol

thanks for the kind words, I really don’t imagine going through this process without you guys 🤗 big hug and thanks to all of our Comrades who come up with the darndest things to keep us afloat and in good spirits 😍😍

I have to admit, that I was  doing really well until the 6 month mark... and after thanksgiving its been going down hill inside my heart... after Christmas now I really feel discouraged...  I never ever ever thought it would be this long to receive NOA2... and it just makes it worse that so much of June apps received after me are receiving notices.. that's what makes it the hardest.. but I pray and believe and hang out with you guys all day hahaha

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lisa & Jorge said:

:o:blink:<_<:mellow:

I feel like ..... wait FIFTEEN business days?  that cannot be true.. and was there any excuse about the june 6th invisible apps ?

I know right - and its not a typo... she ACTUALLY said fifteen days... (and she stated thats the postal service... not the time it takes them to put it on the system and mail it etc... She said and I quote  "From the day we send it, the USPS can take fifteen business days to deliver your mail".... spouting that ####### as though this is NORMAL and we're wrong for expecting our RFE to have arrived after they said it was sent on the 18th.  Ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Chicagoseal said:

Do they still have containers? It’s 2018, and you’d think they’d scan everything in by now. Then again, it’s the government. 

They actually do.  They do scan stuff in, but the adjudicators ACTUALLY work on paper cases as a general practise.

42 minutes ago, MM&CS said:

Hang in there everyone! Our time is coming, I just know it! And years from now, we'll look back on this and...ok, probably, honestly, drink to dull the flashbacks or something...but still. It'll be over eventually, and we can all safely say if anyone ever doubts our relationships with our non-US loves, they can go shove it, cause how long are they willing to wait for bureaucracy to get to them, hmmm? At least, that's what I tell my mom when she thought Pri and I were rushing into things, and I could point out I'm at 183 days of waiting already, with months left to go, from engagement to 'I do'...you met, dated, and married your husband in that amount of time, and we've known each other for nearly 3 years and dated for about half that.

Anyway! For those who like doggos, I share with you something I hope will lighten your spirits and give you a laugh in these long, often cold (I can't feel my toes, guys) winter days while we wait for USCIS. My older mastiff turned 7 today and had to also go to the vet. One of the girls in the office went and got him a plain cheeseburger while we were in the waiting room, and he only waited long enough to get into the car before he was given his birthdayburger....that is a happy face XD Hopefully we'll all get to make equally ridiculous happy faces soon (maybe without the teeth and drool though lol)

Buddha1.jpg

Buddha2.jpg

Buddha3.jpg

Buddha4.jpg

Buddha5.jpg

Buddha6.jpg

AMAZING! I used to be able to do a Big Mac in one.... not any more though hahaha

MY PERSONAL K-1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS
(In progress)

I-192F sent: 6/7/2017

I-129F arrived (by USPS): 6/12/2017 (Date recorded on NOA1)

NOA1 email received: 6/14/2017

NOA1 hard copy recieved: 6/19/2017

RFE Recieved: 12/30/2017

RFE response sent: 1/2/2018
RFE response recieved: 1/3/2018

NOA2: 1/12/2018
NVC Recieved: 1/26/2018
NVC Case Number Assigned: 1/26/2018
NVC Sent To Embassy: 2/2/2018

Medical (London): 2/5/2018

Interview (London): 2/23/2018 - APPROVED

Visa On Hand: 3-2-2018 - Home Delivery

POE (Atlanta, GA): 3/13/2018 (booked)

Timeline
3 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

At least my VJ timeline has adjusted today.  Now the estimate is December 14...2 weeks ago.

WHY IN TARNATION.....

Just now, Lisa & Jorge said:

WHY IN TARNATION.....

I believe it is just to add to this amazing and straight forward journey we are on... LOL

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
4 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

At least my VJ timeline has adjusted today.  Now the estimate is December 14...2 weeks ago.

..........I don't even have words for this anymore. The first time, I chuckled a bit. But I honestly figured it was likely because the letter just hadn't gotten to you yet or something. This is insane.

You may have already answered this for someone else before, but I likely missed it if you did - have you ever tried calling? Not just for the fact that it's taking so long, but because your estimate is in the past. :huh:

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Filed: Other Country: Switzerland
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Lisa & Jorge said:

I have to admit, that I was  doing really well until the 6 month mark... and after thanksgiving its been going down hill inside my heart... after Christmas now I really feel discouraged...  I never ever ever thought it would be this long to receive NOA2... and it just makes it worse that so much of June apps received after me are receiving notices.. that's what makes it the hardest.. but I pray and believe and hang out with you guys all day hahaha

Same here I was fine until holidays ,now I just been mean an i had stop taking calls from people accept my fiancee I was sad now I feel better because I'm just planning my trip for February 

Just now, Paul & Mallory said:

..........I don't even have words for this anymore. The first time, I chuckled a bit. But I honestly figured it was likely because the letter just hadn't gotten to you yet or something. This is insane.

You may have already answered this for someone else before, but I likely missed it if you did - have you ever tried calling? Not just for the fact that it's taking so long, but because your estimate is in the past. :huh:

Yes I did.  It all came down to the "still within the published processing timeline".  I even tried the "I lost my WAC#" and got to a Tier 2.  He gave me my number and said that my case hasn't been assigned yet.  That was a week ago.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 hour ago, o0o said:

whoa, never heard of this! I'm going to look into now cuz I really wanna make a trip there too!

Yes go to airfordable.com they are great no credit check just installments u pay down payment they buy ticket an u pay them until weeks before trip then they give u the e-ticket 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Yes I did.  It all came down to the "still within the published processing timeline".  I even tried the "I lost my WAC#" and got to a Tier 2.  He gave me my number and said that my case hasn't been assigned yet.  That was a week ago.

this is the same for me.. but in November., and it was assigned to someone because it was outside the processing times.... and they said I had 45 days to hear from someone about my case .... guess what...those 45 days are up and nothing... I think when they realized their mistake they withdrew my case from whoever they assigned it to and threw it back in the box and it got buried while every case within 5 numbers of me has been touched... I should have never called...

2 minutes ago, Lisa & Jorge said:

this is the same for me.. but in November., and it was assigned to someone because it was outside the processing times.... and they said I had 45 days to hear from someone about my case .... guess what...those 45 days are up and nothing... I think when they realized their mistake they withdrew my case from whoever they assigned it to and threw it back in the box and it got buried while every case within 5 numbers of me has been touched... I should have never called...

I think most of the people who filed an inquiry during the September 1st debacle have been successful.  I wish I inquired back then.  Now it is the stock answer until the website passes June 6.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
3 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I think most of the people who filed an inquiry during the September 1st debacle have been successful.  I wish I inquired back then.  Now it is the stock answer until the website passes June 6.

are you serious?! why was I not successful if others were? what is going on here?   :(

are you serious?! why was I not successful if others were? what is going on here?   :(

Did you ever get an official answer on your inquiry?  The approval today lists a November 17 inquiry and was assigned a number.  I guess I consider it a success if they even acknowledge that they have the petition!

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline

Exactly right I wish I did then since that time my Congress,tried,I tried an we get the wait til feb 1 spill...even online we are stopped,with the it's normal processing time ####### 

Timeline
Just now, Adamma Jerome said:

Exactly right I wish I did then since that time my Congress,tried,I tried an we get the wait til feb 1 spill...even online we are stopped,with the it's normal processing time ####### 

Oh they bleeped my bad word lol on here lol 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.