Swissmiss82

I-129F June, Part II

5,784 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Switzerland
Timeline
12 minutes ago, jemonline said:

Hearing everyone talk about visiting their fiance's last week gave me a sudden impulse to buy a ticket and go see mine!! (ignoring financial logic) I'm leaving this Friday for 2 weeks to Gabon (in central Africa). I'm SO excited! The ticket is like $1,500 and I don't have vacation time, as I'm saving it for our wedding. But right after I bought my ticket, my brother in law gave me a generous gift to contribute to my trip AND I got a raise at my job!!! I think that means my trip is blessed :) I've been running around buying supplies because future hubby, future in laws, & friends and I will work on invitations together. (with a BLANK date lol) In African cultures everything is about coming together, family, pitching in. It's going to be so much fun!! 

I'm headed to Nigeria in feb,ticketsare 932,I'm going through airfordable to pay installments

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Adamma Jerome said:

I'm headed to Nigeria in feb,ticketsare 932,I'm going through airfordable to pay installments

whoa, never heard of this! I'm going to look into now cuz I really wanna make a trip there too!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Tony and Tillie said:

I totally agree.

More than 200 days for NOA2, then another 60 or so days of waiting in the NVC phase, is plain ridiculous.

Oh dear. Hang in there.

This is ridiculous. It will probably be a year waiting by the time we get our passports stamped with the visa...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Alvy91 said:

This is ridiculous. It will probably be a year waiting by the time we get our passports stamped with the visa...

I hope not, but at the rate things are going with uscis, 1 year from NOA1 to POE is not impossible.:wacko:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Anyone have any idea why USCIS is not sending petitions to NVC?

K-1 Visa process

05/02/2017: Received Date
05/04/2017: NOA1 
10/24/2017: Request for Additional Evidence
10/28/2017: Request for Additional Evidence hard copy in mail
11/03/2017: Sent RFE response
11/15/2017: USCIS received reply

12/05/2017: NOA2
12/07/2017: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/17/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
01/19/2018: Case Number Received
01/25/2018: Embassy Received. 
01/27/2018: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
02/15/2018: Medical
02/22/2018: Interview 
02/22/2018: APPROVED!

03/01/2018: Visa in Hand
03/05/2018: POE Airport
04/18/2018: Married! 

AOS process

05/21/2018 AOS Package Mailed

05/21/2018 Package delivered

06/06/2018 Email and Text notifications received (This is the date on NOA1 too)

06/11/2018 NOA1 in Mail

10/05/2018 EAD/AP received

08/12/2019 Interview scheduled

09/16/2019 Interview date

09/17/2019 Card was sent for production (Approved)

09/19/2019 Card was mailed

09/23/2019 Green card on hand :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
31 minutes ago, purplepink said:

Oh Shoot!

:(

If it's just a matter of signing a few pages, it won't be a long turn around time. 

I kinda feel like I will get an RFE too.

Maybe that's why they haven't gotten to our cases yet :(

I’m on the same boat here! Something tells me we will get one because I didn’t do a detailed account of our meeting... not a good story teller. I so regret not doing it then... uggggghhh

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Kari & Atti said:

I’m on the same boat here! Something tells me we will get one because I didn’t do a detailed account of our meeting... not a good story teller. I so regret not doing it then... uggggghhh

me too... I didn't know I had to...  mine was pretty cut and dry and they don't give much space and I didn't attach a big long testimony because honestly I thought that would be too much and it seems the do like short and sweet files sometimes so..... yea...... who knows.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Adamma Jerome said:

That's the Spirit my dear.  My love is also coming to Nigeria in March for a visit. I can't wait to see him again a year after we were together. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Lisa & Jorge said:

me too... I didn't know I had to...  mine was pretty cut and dry and they don't give much space and I didn't attach a big long testimony because honestly I thought that would be too much and it seems the do like short and sweet files sometimes so..... yea...... who knows.

Mine was just like that... no mushy stuff... same exact thoughts 💭 and this waiting is killing me!!! Even our plans to meet up somewhere are fading away because what if we book a trip for February and we get approved 🤔 I just continue feeling like I am empty handed... not a good feeling at all 😭

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Kari & Atti said:

Mine was just like that... no mushy stuff... same exact thoughts 💭 and this waiting is killing me!!! Even our plans to meet up somewhere are fading away because what if we book a trip for February and we get approved 🤔 I just continue feeling like I am empty handed... not a good feeling at all 😭

no its not, and it is a blessing the VJ exists so we have this type of support and can relate to others in good company... imagine if we didn't have VJ... and sat at home every day wondering a wealth of things and unknowns that this forum helps alleviate. SHOUT OUT TO ADMIN AND FOUNDERS.   but yea... I completely understand.... unfortunately yet fortunately.  we are truly a family . no one except K1 Visa couples can have even a small clue about the journey we are all travelling .

Timeline
1 hour ago, dlsmal01 said:

Hopefully yours was like mine, they bracketed my number but still no update online "still in received state".  Only received letter snail mail a week later that it was approved the same day as the bracketed numbers and off to NVC.

What’s a “bracketed  number” and where do you see it?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lisa & Jorge said:

no its not, and it is a blessing the VJ exists so we have this type of support and can relate to others in good company... imagine if we didn't have VJ... and sat at home every day wondering a wealth of things and unknowns that this forum helps alleviate. SHOUT OUT TO ADMIN AND FOUNDERS.   but yea... I completely understand.... unfortunately yet fortunately.  we are truly a family . no one except K1 Visa couples can have even a small clue about the journey we are all travelling .

I’m just an emotional roller coaster lol

thanks for the kind words, I really don’t imagine going through this process without you guys 🤗 big hug and thanks to all of our Comrades who come up with the darndest things to keep us afloat and in good spirits 😍😍

30 minutes ago, Tony and Tillie said:

I hope not, but at the rate things are going with uscis, 1 year from NOA1 to POE is not impossible.:wacko:

That makes the cheaper and easier CR-1 a real good option for folks getting ready to file now.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.