Swissmiss82

I-129F June, Part II

5,784 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

what are the opinions here regarding travel back to the beneficiary's country to visit during the conditional / permanent green card period.  Most of those forums are archived with broken links....

I know about filing the documents to indicate leaving and returning but, everything is written with the caveat that there is no guarantee of re-entry for any "inadmissible" reason.  

Only real guarantee is after naturalization?

Will we be able to travel back to visit friends and family during the conditional green card period....during these first  3 years until eligible for naturalization?  Do we have to be concerned about re-entry issues?

5/30/2017: I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox 

6/06/2017:  NOA1 Date

01/02/2018: NOA2  Date
01/24/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
02/02/2018: Case Number Assigned

02/12/2018: NVC Email - IN TRANSIT

No NVC Letter Received

02/17/2018:  Scheduled Interview (while still IN TRANSIT)

02/20/2018:  Embassy "READY" status

03/02/2018:  Medical Scheduled

03/06/2018: INTERVIEW Scheduled

03/06/2018: Interview - APPROVED!
03/28/2018: Visa in Hand!!!!
06/11/2018: POE USA - ATLANTA

06/18/ 2018:  MARRIED!   CHARLOTTE, NC

07/27/2018: AOS; i485, i765 & i131 Mailed

07/30/2018: NOA1 Receive Date (i485,i313, i765)

08/10/2018: NOA1 Hardcopies received.

08/16/2018: Biometrics Letter Received

08/30/2018: Biometrics Appointment Scheduled

10/22/2018: AOS Interview Scheduled- Electronic Notice

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
15 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

To me, being with my loved ones is much more important than where that is.  Life is so short that our happiness is up to us.  Will the location make me happier than even a moment in Rose's arms?  No way.  Being with my loved ones is much more important than our location.  I absolutely love my country dearly but I do feel that we are at a challenging time right now.  I pray for all of us.  I pray that we find a loving and comfortable life with our loved ones.  That is what truly matters.

You're right.  Life is too short to worry about visas and locations.  The whole point of all of it is being together.  Thanks for saying that.  I'm going to stop thinking so hard about this visa being approved and just go with the flow.  Life doesn't stop for USCIS.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, Desi1012 said:

1790356637 is approved congrats to who ever it is

This must have literally JUST happened.

I just finished the midday scan and there was no activity for today at all.  That WAC number did show as "Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received" so perhaps they are beginning to update now this afternoon.

MY PERSONAL K-1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS
(In progress)

I-192F sent: 6/7/2017

I-129F arrived (by USPS): 6/12/2017 (Date recorded on NOA1)

NOA1 email received: 6/14/2017

NOA1 hard copy recieved: 6/19/2017

RFE Recieved: 12/30/2017

RFE response sent: 1/2/2018
RFE response recieved: 1/3/2018

NOA2: 1/12/2018
NVC Recieved: 1/26/2018
NVC Case Number Assigned: 1/26/2018
NVC Sent To Embassy: 2/2/2018

Medical (London): 2/5/2018

Interview (London): 2/23/2018 - APPROVED

Visa On Hand: 3-2-2018 - Home Delivery

POE (Atlanta, GA): 3/13/2018 (booked)

15 minutes ago, noraliz73 said:

You're right.  Life is too short to worry about visas and locations.  The whole point of all of it is being together.  Thanks for saying that.  I'm going to stop thinking so hard about this visa being approved and just go with the flow.  Life doesn't stop for USCIS.

It is truly important to separate the process from the reason for the process. USCIS does not care about approvals. They are just a governmental agency that is really at the whim of the current administration. They just have a job and they have no interest in speeding the process or slowing it down. The reason is the love and that has to remain separated from the process. Our love can flourish and grow even as the US Government slows the process to a crawl. Don’t lose sight of the reason. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

5 minutes ago, vocaledge said:

This must have literally JUST happened.

I just finished the midday scan and there was no activity for today at all.  That WAC number did show as "Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received" so perhaps they are beginning to update now this afternoon.

Yes i have been scanning since this morning and i just saw this. i guess the afternoon is where its at for today. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Desi1012 said:

Yes i have been scanning since this morning and i just saw this. i guess the afternoon is where its at for today. 

How can I do a scan?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jolie&Charles said:

Day 203.. June 6 filer here.. 

They updated their processing time to 1st June today.. If they can finish with all may filers who still waiting to then fully focus on June, would be good :unsure:

Yes... that's a good signal! It sounds like they are ready to exclusively lock in on June filers!

Timeline

Timeline

Does anyone have that template for the awesome letter to send to the State Congress rep, please? Going to get ready to change that about and send that off. 

There is no way this should be going on this long for anyone on top of the fee increase. 

😔

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.