Swissmiss82

I-129F June, Part II

5,779 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
4 minutes ago, George & Roth said:

@Gators15 @noraliz73

I used to get spam sites on iPhone but downloaded Norton Adblocker and no more spam. Always on visa journey had problems, I recommend you download it (free)

Does that work on iPad?  I could afford one of those!!!  I have an old Samsung.  If I can afford an iPhone, it will go to my fiancé because his phone is ready to die.  I don't even have a TV.  I am keeping it light in case we get denied.  Somehow I will find a way and go to live in Egypt.  I can't keep up this separation.  I am glad that I love Egypt and have more friends there than I do here.  But the constant interruptions on this site on the iPad are so annoying!!! 

9 minutes ago, Shawn & Rizalyn said:

Lets hope not😔, our girls are 5 and 8 and i could never ask my fiance to leave them behind if that were the case.

I could not even imagine my life without Aira and AJ.  If that happens we will have no choice but find another place where we can live together as a family.  This should not be this hard.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
12 minutes ago, noraliz73 said:

Not everyone's fiancé even wants to live in the US.  We just want to stay here a few years so I can pay off my student loan and other debts (by me working my job) and getting a few more years in on my pension and then go back to live in Egypt.  They are treating everyone like they all want to come here take everyone's jobs and bring 30 family members. 

That's so true. Settling on the states versus Sweden (where my fiancé is from) was based on multiple factors and quite simply due to the pros outweighing the cons, compared to vice versa. It made sense, financially, due to the fact that he's lived in the states before and has a work history here, he speaks English fluently whereas I do not speak Swedish fluently. Neither of us are retirement age or close to it, so we had to find the option that worked best for us and our future children/family we want to create together. That being said, he's made it very clear he hopes to obtain dual citizenship in the future and maintain his ties to Sweden. We both have discussed the options to retire there someday, and also have that opening available for our future children should they wish to travel abroad for school, or even work, someday. Bottom line, for us - if it weren't for me and what made the most sense for our future, he had no other intentions or desires to move back to the states from Sweden. But he has to give up so much and prove quite a bit in order to come here at all. It gets frustrating.

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
22 minutes ago, noraliz73 said:

Does that work on iPad?  I could afford one of those!!!  I have an old Samsung.  If I can afford an iPhone, it will go to my fiancé because his phone is ready to die.  I don't even have a TV.  I am keeping it light in case we get denied.  Somehow I will find a way and go to live in Egypt.  I can't keep up this separation.  I am glad that I love Egypt and have more friends there than I do here.  But the constant interruptions on this site on the iPad are so annoying!!! 

It’s free for iOS (iPad and iPhone). Norton Adblocker on iOS and Adblock on Mac/PC. This site has site tracking cookies. 

Edited by Chicagoseal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
22 minutes ago, noraliz73 said:

Hmm, not sure. If you go to app store and download i bet it works. 

I left my ipad with her in Cambodia :oops:

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 minutes ago, George & Roth said:

Hmm, not sure. If you go to app store and download i bet it works. 

I left my ipad with her in Cambodia :oops:

It works. Just make sure to select iPhone version should it not appear in your App Store search.

First scan of the 500 before me (June 6) shows no movement at all since 12/22 when there were 2 approvals.  I know it is early but I don't have a great feeling about this week.  I really hope I am wrong...Day 203 and counting.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

I could not even imagine my life without Aira and AJ.  If that happens we will have no choice but find another place where we can live together as a family.  This should not be this hard.

If my fiancé can't come here and I have to go to live in Egypt, I would have to leave my kids behind.  I have an 18 year old and a 20 year old who live with their dad and a 12 year old who lives with his dad.  Yet another reason we applied for him to come here for a few years.  My fiancé does not even want to come to the USA.  He's doing so because it is what is best for me and for my children.  I don't think that Trump and his cronies know that in many cases the people he will be harming the most are his own American-born U.S. Citizens.  Maybe we could go live in Canada.  My grandparents were from Newfoundland.  I don't think you will be separated from your family.  I don't think I will either.  I still don't believe that USCIS wants to turn any of us down.  I think of them as individuals with hearts that see us all as individuals.  I believe in humanity!!!!  There is hope for all of us!!!

Some day America will be great again....

Edited by noraliz73
the computer cut me off

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

First scan of the 500 before me (June 6) shows no movement at all since 12/22 when there were 2 approvals.  I know it is early but I don't have a great feeling about this week.  I really hope I am wrong...Day 203 and counting.

I hope you are wrong also!! However things do seem bleak...who knew this would drag on like this! Trying to stay positive but this time of year is tough 

1 minute ago, KBA said:

I hope you are wrong also!! However things do seem bleak...who knew this would drag on like this! Trying to stay positive but this time of year is tough 

Indeed.  We anticipated being together as a family this Christmas.  Instead I was on FaceTime watching them celebrate without me.  I do love the technology that makes that possible but it will never replace being there and touching...  This holiday is very tough on both of us but we talk about it and we will get through it.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.