Swissmiss82

I-129F June, Part II

5,779 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

They are trying to stop "extended family" from being included in family based marriage/fiance visas.  It is not quite clear on what is considered "extended family" and may include children.

I really doubt it will affect children under the age of 21. It will probably affect parents of the beneficiary.

CA Center

Future Navy Wife (L)

NOA-1 06/12/2017

NOA-2 12/11/2017

26 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

They are trying to stop "extended family" from being included in family based marriage/fiance visas.  It is not quite clear on what is considered "extended family" and may include children.

There was a trend before, the immigrant who became a US citizen will petition their parents and then parents will petition their other children and then the children will petition their own children. It happened like that in the Philippines.

3 minutes ago, msscarlette said:

There was a trend before, the immigrant who became a US citizen will petition their parents and then parents will petition their other children and then the children will petition their own children. It happened like that in the Philippines.

Yes.  This was a problem and it is understandable to get control over it.  Things are being presented a little differently now and there are a lot of gray areas that no one really knows how it will all work.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Vyom U said:

Hi Everyone - June 6th Here. 

Informed Delivery indicates I am getting something from USCIS today.. let's see hopefully its an approval :)  Mail was sent on 12/22

Ofcourse, no updates on the Website

USCIS.JPG

Spoke to Tier 2 - its an RFE they sent on 12/18.. well, not what I hoped for but atleast its movement. Hopefully its something small :)

19 minutes ago, SwimminginSync said:

I've served 24 years in the military (and still active). My proudest moment was being stopped in a Wal-Mart while in uniform by some 20s-something guy. He said "Thank you. I'm a refugee from Kosovo.  If it weren't you guys, my entire family would be dead.  We are all here now, alive.  Thank you."  And walked off

Extended family is a unit. Vet but don't break up.  My two cents. 

This is the America I love.  It was founded by immigrants and it was a welcoming and loving society.  There was an American dream.  Right now that is blurred a bit.  I believe we have to vet.  The times are changing and security is important.  Complete shutdowns are not the answer, though.  It feels like that is where we are headed.  Just my opinion.  I am down following the Holidays and I am at day 203 waiting on someone to even look at my petition.  I will feel better in a few days.  Thanks for allowing my vent.

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

36 minutes ago, liubarebrilova said:

I really doubt it will affect children under the age of 21. It will probably affect parents of the beneficiary.

That is what I am hoping.  It is already 15 years if the child is over 21... That is the normal processing time.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
2 hours ago, George & Roth said:

I wonder why I am the only person who received an email and text update from USCIS about my case being updated/approved? Not complaining but it seems strange. Website was updated as well. 

I am getting the hardcopy in today's mail. 

I also received both a text and email with my approval.  Everything was updated simultaneously.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

That is what I am hoping.  It is already 15 years if the child is over 21... That is the normal processing time.

I know it would all be speculation on our part, but if changes were made to the legal immigration process sometime next year, do you think they would apply to petitions that have already been sent? Or do you think those petitions would be processed based on the laws and requirements that were in place when the petition was originally sent?

1 minute ago, sumbunny said:

I know it would all be speculation on our part, but if changes were made to the legal immigration process sometime next year, do you think they would apply to petitions that have already been sent? Or do you think those petitions would be processed based on the laws and requirements that were in place when the petition was originally sent?

I'm hoping to get approval before any legal changes happen.  Unfortunately, they can throw a wrench into this by simply cutting staff or redirecting priorities causing the same issues without changing any laws.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 5:34 AM, Gators15 said:

Is anybody else having issues with the VJ forums? I check our June fliers forum several times a day! I feel like I know so many of you so very well:) At least 2-3 times a day, I click the link to open the forum or I hit the next page link and it sends me to a spam site that I cannot get out of when I try to backpage. I have to close the link and open it back up from scratch. I mostly use my iPad, so I know it’s not a virus or malware. Just curious.

its a shame that we are all spread out around the country. I think it would be really cool to have the ability to have some sort of gathering when we all complete the process. I think it would be pretty cool to meet all of you and celebrate the completion of this process. 

Yes.  This happens constantly on the iPad.  It tells me I won stuff.  It doesn't happen on my Android phone.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, John & Rose said:

We have yet to see.  With our luck it will probably stop the kids from coming over.

Lets hope not😔, our girls are 5 and 8 and i could never ask my fiance to leave them behind if that were the case.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

@Gators15 @noraliz73

I used to get spam sites on iPhone but downloaded Norton Adblocker and no more spam. Always on visa journey had problems, I recommend you download it (free)

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
8 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I'm hoping to get approval before any legal changes happen.  Unfortunately, they can throw a wrench into this by simply cutting staff or redirecting priorities causing the same issues without changing any laws.

Not everyone's fiancé even wants to live in the US.  We just want to stay here a few years so I can pay off my student loan and other debts (by me working my job) and getting a few more years in on my pension and then go back to live in Egypt.  They are treating everyone like they all want to come here take everyone's jobs and bring 30 family members. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.