Swissmiss82

I-129F June, Part II

5,779 posts in this topic

Hey guys! I have a little bit out-of-topic question. Does anybody who is moving to US plans on getting a license/transfer for your university/college degree? From a foreign to American? I wonder how to do this and if there are any actual agencies for it.

CA Center

Future Navy Wife (L)

NOA-1 06/12/2017

NOA-2 12/11/2017

Filed: Timeline
6 minutes ago, liubarebrilova said:

Hey guys! I have a little bit out-of-topic question. Does anybody who is moving to US plans on getting a license/transfer for your university/college degree? From a foreign to American? I wonder how to do this and if there are any actual agencies for it.

My Filipina fiance has a degree and she just plans to bring her records only.  Not sure if there's a formal transfer process but I'd be interested to find out.

13 minutes ago, liubarebrilova said:

What kind of bachelors degree does your fiance/fiancee have? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
14 minutes ago, liubarebrilova said:

There is an agency  in Canada who does it for anyone. Just type in foreign education ctedit conversion and you should find it.

All American institutions expect to have that when applying for any job.

The American company will not convert for you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My friend brought her education credentials ( Bachelor of Elementary Education) to the US and have it evaluated and translated by the accredited agency.

29 minutes ago, liubarebrilova said:

Here are examples of international credential assessment services.

https://www.state.gov/m/dghr/flo/219100.htm

https://www.internationalstudent.com/study_usa/application-process/credential-evaluators/choosing-a-service/

Edited by msscarlette

Merry Christmas to all.. Hoping we get approved soon. 194 and counting! And to all who got approved before xmas congratulations 🎊🍾🥂

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
6 hours ago, liubarebrilova said:

I used the services of WES (World Education Services) to get the degree equivalency in the US for two bachelor's degrees and a master's degree. It cost me around $100 and I was satisfied with their service although the process is kind of annoying. Good thing is you can get all your studies converted for the same price. Bad thing, they are very demanding (one of the steps is to get your university send your transcript directly to them), and of course everything translated to English. Maybe because of that they are (for what I know) one of the most trusted agencies of this kind there, specially by academic institutions, although there are other options too.

Hope it helps.

Edited by Daniel P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, liubarebrilova said:

Hi, I am a nurse in the Philippines and I had my credentials / education evaluated by CGFNS. My local license cannot be transferred so I have take the nursing exam (NCLEX) to be a USRN. 

Other agencies that evaluate education and credentials, as far as I know, are ERES and IERF but I think these are for healthcare-related courses only. Not really sure. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

My fiancé was a dental nurse, doing cavities, extractions, x-rays. She was trained by Australian dentists however was completely on the job trained. 

I’m assuming she’d need to go to university here in order to be a dental hygienist or nurse, even if she was doing dental work for nearly 10 years in Cambodia. Does anybody know if that’s correct or if she can get some credit for all the experience?

Edited by George & Roth

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

On 12/22/2017 at 8:20 AM, vocaledge said:

Well, just a warning... I got mixed news from the Tier 2 agent (well my fiance did)...

The general opinion that RFEs get updated online... nope.  We have an RFE on the way sent 3 days ago, and online still shows "Received"...

I'm taking it as good news since at least the case has been touched, but yeah - not only approvals avoid online updating.

Why do you think you got an RFE? since you already know the first time what you will send. I was assuming it was detailed?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.