Swissmiss82

I-129F June, Part II

5,784 posts in this topic

On 22/12/2017 at 5:33 PM, Gtuf22 said:

Congrats! I see you’re going to St. Louis? That’s where I’m from originally. Also, which country is your fiancé from? Vietnam? I ask because Phuong is a Vietnamese name. My fiancé is from Ho Chi Minh. Would love to hear about your experiences as you go through NVC and interview so im

aware of what to expect.

thank you!

Oh, it s nice to hear from you. Actually, I am the fiancee, I am from Vietnam and He is from St Louis. I'm from Hanoi tho, and the name is Phuong Ly. I will keep my timeline update as soon as I hear anything.

1 hour ago, Allthephils said:

Happy Holidays, all! This will be the last Christmas we will spend without our loves! 

: ) 

Let s all hope so. Enjoy your trip ^..^ !

5 minutes ago, Phuong Ly said:

Oh, it s nice to hear from you. Actually, I am the fiancee, I am from Vietnam and He is from St Louis. I'm from Hanoi tho, and the name is Phuong Ly. I will keep my timeline update as soon as I hear anything.

Vietnam is my favorite vacation destination. It is so beautiful and the people there are so friendly and welcoming. Welcome to the group!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

2 hours ago, John & Rose said:

Vietnam is my favorite vacation destination. It is so beautiful and the people there are so friendly and welcoming. Welcome to the group!

Oh, that is great. Where have you been so far ? In the North ? In the South ?

16 minutes ago, Phuong Ly said:

Oh, that is great. Where have you been so far ? In the North ? In the South ?

I’ve stayed south so far. All based around Ho Chi Minh. I’ve heard Americans are not as welcome up north!  I get that. It is interesting visiting museums dedicated to Vietnam’s victory over the US.  It is humbling to see other views of us. I have great respect for the people of Vietnam. Such a loving and caring people.  I truly had an experience that taught me about life and how mankind is a strange beast. My experience there has impacted my entire being. I am a history buff and there is so much I have learned from my time there. I know of no place on earth that has made such an impact on my soul. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
40 minutes ago, OlyaR said:

Guys, we were approved :) after 203 days (2nd June filler) 

No email, no letter yet, just app notification

That's awesome! Congratulations and all the best on the rest of your journey.

This is the beneficiary, Tillie. Tony and I have been offline from VJ for a couple of days. So happy to come back to several approvals from our fellow Junies.

All the best to those who are still waiting, like us. We're getting close for sure. Happy Holidays to everyone here! 2018 is going to be awesome for all of us!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, Love Found said:

@vocaledge do your fiance received the letter from uscis today? 

No, not yet

MY PERSONAL K-1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS
(In progress)

I-192F sent: 6/7/2017

I-129F arrived (by USPS): 6/12/2017 (Date recorded on NOA1)

NOA1 email received: 6/14/2017

NOA1 hard copy recieved: 6/19/2017

RFE Recieved: 12/30/2017

RFE response sent: 1/2/2018
RFE response recieved: 1/3/2018

NOA2: 1/12/2018
NVC Recieved: 1/26/2018
NVC Case Number Assigned: 1/26/2018
NVC Sent To Embassy: 2/2/2018

Medical (London): 2/5/2018

Interview (London): 2/23/2018 - APPROVED

Visa On Hand: 3-2-2018 - Home Delivery

POE (Atlanta, GA): 3/13/2018 (booked)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
4 hours ago, OlyaR said:

Congratulations!!!!🎊🎈🎉🍾 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, OlyaR said:

Wow great news... congratulations!!

39 minutes ago, Kari & Atti said:

Congratulations!!!!🎊🎈🎉🍾 

thank you so much :)

12 minutes ago, Pasa said:

Wow great news... congratulations!!

thank you !!!!!! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, OlyaR said:

CONGRATS!!!

:)

Also, could you fill out this form for the NVC waiting times when you get a moment? Thanks and Merry Christmas!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit#gid=2061710905

Edited by D and T
  • April  ?? 2015  - Met on Xbox
  • June 09 2016  - Met in person
  • May  30 2017  - Mailed I-129F
  • June 02 2017  - Case received
  • June 06 2017  - NOA1
  • Dec.  19 2017  - NOA2 (200 days)
  • Jan.  24 2018  -  NVC Received
  • Feb.  02 2018  -  NVC Case No.
  • Feb.  02 2018  -  Consulate Received
  • Feb.  09 2018  -  Packet 3 Received
  • Feb.  09 2018  -  Packet 3 Sent
  • Feb.  13 2018  -  Packet 4 Received
  • Feb.  20 2018  -  Medical
  • Mar.  07 2018  -  Interview: APPROVED
  • Mar.  13 2018  -  VOH
  • Mar.  26 2018  -  POE (300 days)
  • Mar.  27 2018  -  Applied for SSN
  • May  30 2018  -  Received SSN
  • June 14 2018  -  Married
  • July  06 2018  -  Mailed AOS packet
  • July  12 2018  AOS NOA1
  • Aug. 01 2018  -  Biometrics

Reviews for Us Consulate for Canada in Montreal:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Canada&cty=&dfilter=5

Review for Dr. Mascarenhas Visa Medical in Toronto:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/578194-review-of-medical-dr-lyndon-mascarenhas/?tab=comments#comment-9044504

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.