Murph4865

I-129F MAY FILERS PART 2

3,606 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
28 minutes ago, aisha1109 said:

I have a theory as to what is happening. My thought is that end of October cases were not the only cases shipped to NVC but probably ones from early to mid-November as well. My reason is because prior files were sent to NVC in a shorter amount of time. Unless they are actually processing withheld case files for the entirety of 6 weeks ( highly doubt this because turnaround time was as short as 10 days for early approvals prior to delays) USCIS waited until they had approval cases from end of October to sometime in November ready to go before shipping them off. NVC is now probably methodically going through the shipment starting from oldest to newest and that's why people are getting nvc numbers these days. I just don't think end of October approvals will be the only ones as USCIS will eventually need to back to its normal processing times. Does this make sense? I could be totally wrong as well but I just thought I'd share. 

I sure hope this theory is correct. This will be good then, as a good amount of NVCs should be coming in then

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
41 minutes ago, The Squirrel said:

It does make sense. However, I will put my two cents in, on totally different note. I believe this comes from the top, very top with the orange hair. Order was "slow it down", or the order was a good old "audit". They all had to stop what they were doing, and for a month go through millions of papers and such, just to show they are doing what they are doing. After it was done, it was "ok, carry on". And it will happen again. Very well it could be a point where they wanted to stop 2000 - 5000 people from coming in to US in this calendar year, so they can show their voting base "look what we did this year, we cut it down so much, like we promised in the campaign", and then they all celebrate like they did something.

For all US citizens here, there is one vote you take, and be very wise about it. If you live to age of 80, you will have about 15 opportunities to vote (depends when you turn 18 to be able to vote). I am apolitical, do not belong to any Party, nor I ever will, but I do vote for the most qualified person at the time. Please, use your 15 votes wisely. There are levels of Government, so you can show how displeased you are on lower levels too. Do your job, do your civic duty, help this great country stay just that - great.    

Out of everything I still don't understand how it'll help them if they slow down the process of LEGAL immigration. I've been saying this a lot, but if they make legal immigration even harder than it already is, how would that help with the problem of illegal immigration? In my opinion it'll only compel people to immigrate illegaly...I don't see why honest people should be punished for the mistakes of others.

Edited by Meech

K-1 Visa process

05/02/2017: Received Date
05/04/2017: NOA1 
10/24/2017: Request for Additional Evidence
10/28/2017: Request for Additional Evidence hard copy in mail
11/03/2017: Sent RFE response
11/15/2017: USCIS received reply

12/05/2017: NOA2
12/07/2017: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/17/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
01/19/2018: Case Number Received
01/25/2018: Embassy Received. 
01/27/2018: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
02/15/2018: Medical
02/22/2018: Interview 
02/22/2018: APPROVED!

03/01/2018: Visa in Hand
03/05/2018: POE Airport
04/18/2018: Married! 

AOS process

05/21/2018 AOS Package Mailed

05/21/2018 Package delivered

06/06/2018 Email and Text notifications received (This is the date on NOA1 too)

06/11/2018 NOA1 in Mail

10/05/2018 EAD/AP received

08/12/2019 Interview scheduled

09/16/2019 Interview date

09/17/2019 Card was sent for production (Approved)

09/19/2019 Card was mailed

09/23/2019 Green card on hand :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Jules_N said:

I called the consulate everyday after 6 pm their time. After 6 weeks, they asked me to

send a scan of my NOA2 so they could look into what happened to my file. I never heard back from them but I still called everyday. About 5 days later we called and they told me they received the case and to call back in two weeks to get the case number, but that we could call everyday if we wanted to. We called the next day and they said they hadn’t assigned a case number yet, then all of a sudden we got an email from NVC with our case number stating that our file was in transit. 

Hope this helps! 

How long did you wait after getting NOA2 before you started calling NVC

NOA1 - May 22

NOA2 - Dec 1

NOA2 Hard copy received - Dec 6

NVC received - Jan 18

NVC Case # assigned - Jan 29

Embassy receives documents (NVC status is READY) - Jan 31 

Medical Exam - Feb 21

Interview - Feb 27

long wait due to government incompetence realized in 2 month testing for TB  

POE - May 22

54 minutes ago, The Squirrel said:

It does make sense. However, I will put my two cents in, on totally different note. I believe this comes from the top, very top with the orange hair. Order was "slow it down", or the order was a good old "audit". They all had to stop what they were doing, and for a month go through millions of papers and such, just to show they are doing what they are doing. After it was done, it was "ok, carry on". And it will happen again. Very well it could be a point where they wanted to stop 2000 - 5000 people from coming in to US in this calendar year, so they can show their voting base "look what we did this year, we cut it down so much, like we promised in the campaign", and then they all celebrate like they did something.

For all US citizens here, there is one vote you take, and be very wise about it. If you live to age of 80, you will have about 15 opportunities to vote (depends when you turn 18 to be able to vote). I am apolitical, do not belong to any Party, nor I ever will, but I do vote for the most qualified person at the time. Please, use your 15 votes wisely. There are levels of Government, so you can show how displeased you are on lower levels too. Do your job, do your civic duty, help this great country stay just that - great.    

I missed you Squirrel!!!! 

16 minutes ago, Meech said:

Out of everything I still don't understand how it'll help them if they slow down the process of LEGAL immigration. I've been saying this a lot, but if they make legal immigration even harder than it already is, how would that help with the problem of illegal immigration? In my opinion it'll only compel people to immigrate illegaly...I don't see why honest people should be punished for the mistakes of others.

It helps because the K1 visa is suppose to the faster immigrating visa type to get here to the US. All it takes it to have one meeting with your significant other and then you file. With that comes a whole new mindset for the "agenda" to slow it down because while yes legal immigration is a good thing, but the "agenda" is now to scrutinize foreigners more harshly and background checks are taking longer than the norm. Because with the K1 visa once you set foot on US soil, that foreigner is here whether they get married or not. If they don't get married, they are here illegally which then creates a harder issue because tax paying dollars have to be used to find and deport people such as this. Plus, the "agenda" mindset is, if you are letting "terrorists" in the country under the K1 visa process, they have to be sure they are not part of whatever terroristic group or their family is not part of that terroristic group and that they are not using the K1 process just to come over.

Does that kinda make sense?

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

It helps because the K1 visa is suppose to the faster immigrating visa type to get here to the US. All it takes it to have one meeting with your significant other and then you file. With that comes a whole new mindset for the "agenda" to slow it down because while yes legal immigration is a good thing, but the "agenda" is now to scrutinize foreigners more harshly and background checks are taking longer than the norm. Because with the K1 visa once you set foot on US soil, that foreigner is here whether they get married or not. If they don't get married, they are here illegally which then creates a harder issue because tax paying dollars have to be used to find and deport people such as this. Plus, the "agenda" mindset is, if you are letting "terrorists" in the country under the K1 visa process, they have to be sure they are not part of whatever terroristic group or their family is not part of that terroristic group and that they are not using the K1 process just to come over.

Does that kinda make sense?

Okay, that does make sense. Thank you. It's just sad that people who actually have a real partner waiting for them out there get to suffer because of others who have abused this process...I guess life can't be fair :(

Agenda aside I understand why they'd need stricter background checks because with specific countries there is fraud involved...

Edited by Meech

K-1 Visa process

05/02/2017: Received Date
05/04/2017: NOA1 
10/24/2017: Request for Additional Evidence
10/28/2017: Request for Additional Evidence hard copy in mail
11/03/2017: Sent RFE response
11/15/2017: USCIS received reply

12/05/2017: NOA2
12/07/2017: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/17/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
01/19/2018: Case Number Received
01/25/2018: Embassy Received. 
01/27/2018: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
02/15/2018: Medical
02/22/2018: Interview 
02/22/2018: APPROVED!

03/01/2018: Visa in Hand
03/05/2018: POE Airport
04/18/2018: Married! 

AOS process

05/21/2018 AOS Package Mailed

05/21/2018 Package delivered

06/06/2018 Email and Text notifications received (This is the date on NOA1 too)

06/11/2018 NOA1 in Mail

10/05/2018 EAD/AP received

08/12/2019 Interview scheduled

09/16/2019 Interview date

09/17/2019 Card was sent for production (Approved)

09/19/2019 Card was mailed

09/23/2019 Green card on hand :)

48 minutes ago, temashana said:

My two cents...It's more than 15x that you can make a difference if you count local & state elections.  I vote in every election that we have in my area.  More Americans need to do this. Change comes from the bottom.  Sadly I've seen many that have been apathetic about voting for many years, and that needs to change. 

I agree with you 101%,  that is exactly what I wrote. People need to understand that. I underlined it, just in case somebody misses it.

1 hour ago, The Squirrel said:

31 minutes ago, Meech said:

You must be the "fiancé", and not a US citizen (sorry if I am wrong). Anyway, the dislike for foreign born is natural all over the world. People always need someone to blame for something, so in most (unintelligent) cases it falls on those who are "not from here". If someone does not have a job, can't find one, it is a reflex of an opinion that if the "foreigner" with the job was not in this country, he would have a job. Idiotic thinking, but true. My advice to all, Americans or those coming in is get your education, get a skill that can help you work. I have a problem with a repair of an antique clock, and there is nowhere to go. In Europe though, there are hundreds of clock repairman everywhere you turn. There is one skill of a million, and so on.

Illegal immigration here is to tough, for most part there are oceans on both sides, and people can't just jump in to US. All of Latin America has a "leg up", they are land connected. Coming through Canada is different, but overseas people need to get there first legally. So there it is.     

42 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

Everything you said is dead on. Seriously!!!

That is my two cents but I added on a whole BENJAMIN FRANKLIN on top!!!

Sick to hear that. "take away your citizenship" ???? W.T.F. is this? Insane. I don't hate anyone, but this all makes me sick. Thanks for sharing your story. Sad, sad, sad....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Has anyone received an email back from NVC stating that the attached copy of their NOA2 was "Illegible"? Seems like another stall tactic to me since my original attachment was 3.8MB at 2550x3300. They sent me a copy of the NOA2 and it was 2KB at 134x100. Maybe one of them tried to reduce the resolution and screwed it up so blamed me for sending a illegible copy.

"Do not worry about anything, but in everything, by prayer and

petition, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God, and the peace of God, that is superior to every frame of mind, shall be garrisoning your hearts and your apprehensions in Christ Jesus."

Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Houston TX
Date Filed : 2022-03-12
NOA Date : 2022-03-13
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date : 2023-01-06
Approved : Yes
Oath Ceremony : 2023-01-21

USPS INFORMED DELIVERYhttps://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 minutes ago, PadieNerkBrapone said:

Has anyone received an email back from NVC stating that the attached copy of their NOA2 was "Illegible"? Seems like another stall tactic to me since my original attachment was 3.8MB at 2550x3300. They sent me a copy of the NOA2 and it was 2KB at 134x100. Maybe one of them tried to reduce the resolution and screwed it up so blamed me for sending a illegible copy.

Are you using gmail or some other mail service? Some mail services may reduce the attachment in size. I also recommend that you scan to PDF and not an image 

NOA1 - May 22

NOA2 - Dec 1

NOA2 Hard copy received - Dec 6

NVC received - Jan 18

NVC Case # assigned - Jan 29

Embassy receives documents (NVC status is READY) - Jan 31 

Medical Exam - Feb 21

Interview - Feb 27

long wait due to government incompetence realized in 2 month testing for TB  

POE - May 22

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.