Murph4865

I-129F MAY FILERS PART 2

3,604 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, NateAndJessica said:

No bank statements but yes proof of accounts. The proof of accounts provided by the bank will show current balances and the average balance over the last year, date opened. They then sign and stamp, Its a free service at Chase 

Proof of accounts does not provide proof of meeting over poverty guidelines. Same thing for average balances and account opened information. It just shows you have an active banking account with and US financial institution.

I can open an account right now and provide that information but it doesn't provide proof that I am financially able to support my fiancé to avoid him becoming a public charge. Remember, how you spend your money is irrelevant to this process. It's how much you make or how much savings, assets, and so forth you have to provide financial support to the beneficiary.

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

5 minutes ago, aisha1109 said:

Hey guys,  I am starting to compile all the documents needed for packet 3. I bought a binder, clear heavy duty sheet protectors , and divider sheets to organize all my documents. After compiling 75% of the stuff, I realized this may not be the most efficient way to display documents for the interview. I don't like file folders because I'm afraid of documents falling out. Any suggestions guys on how to organize all the doc's? The lawyer did it for us when we submitted the petition originally. I need something to focus on so I am putting it together for the interview. 

Any and all suggestions/ideas are much appreciated! Thank you! 

However you choose to organize your documents is solely on preference. Keep in mind that the Embassy is not gonna take the binder with them after the interview. You just need to have all of your documents (original version - not just photocopies) in order and organize in case they ask to see and view the original document. Some use binders, some use folders. IMO, a binder would be find because it can help section out everything and keep things in chronological order and all that information you are providing now will most likely be used again during the AOS process when you and your fiancé interview again in order to get the GC.

Use the guides on VJ as a blueprint to know how you want to organize your information. That always helps.

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

You just need to have all of your documents (original version - not just photocopies) in order and organize in case they ask to see and view the original document.

In Ontario, where I live, it seems that you cannot get an original version of your long-form birth certificate. What they send you is a numbered, certified COPY of the original document, stating that it's a numbered, certified copy.

Please someone hold my hand and tell me this will suffice for their purposes because my government will not turn over the original, original document that my mother filled out...in her own handwriting that I recognized immediately when I saw the document... the day after I was born.  That will stay in their archives forever no matter what.

Geez! So many things to worry about it in this process.

• April  ?? 2015  - Met on Xbox
  • June 09 2016  - Met in person
  • May  30 2017  - Mailed I-129F
  • June 02 2017  - Case received
  • June 06 2017  - NOA1
  • Dec.  19 2017  - NOA2 (200 days)
  • Jan.  24 2018  -  NVC Received
  • Feb.  02 2018  -  NVC Case No.
  • Feb.  02 2018  -  Consulate Received
  • Feb.  09 2018  -  Packet 3 Received
  • Feb.  09 2018  -  Packet 3 Sent
  • Feb.  13 2018  -  Packet 4 Received
  • Feb.  20 2018  -  Medical
  • Mar.  07 2018  -  Interview: APPROVED
  • Mar.  13 2018  -  VOH
  • Mar.  26 2018  -  POE (300 days)
  • Mar.  27 2018  -  Applied for SSN
  • May  30 2018  -  Received SSN
  • June 14 2018  -  Married
  • July  06 2018  -  Mailed AOS packet
  • July  12 2018  AOS NOA1
  • Aug. 01 2018  -  Biometrics

Reviews for Us Consulate for Canada in Montreal:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Canada&cty=&dfilter=5

Review for Dr. Mascarenhas Visa Medical in Toronto:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/578194-review-of-medical-dr-lyndon-mascarenhas/?tab=comments#comment-9044504

1 minute ago, D and T said:

In Ontario, where I live, it seems that you cannot get an original version of your long-form birth certificate. What they send you is a numbered, certified COPY of the original document, stating that it's a numbered, certified copy.

Please someone hold my hand and tell me this will suffice for their purposes because my government will not turn over the original, original document that my mother filled out...in her own handwriting that I recognized immediately when I saw the document... the day after I was born.  That will stay in their archives forever no matter what.

Certified copy from the court/governmental agency that the BC was issued from will be fine. So breathe! LOL

I'm sure your country's Embassy is fully aware of this matter. Just make sure it is your BC with a certified/serial # on the BC.

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

9 minutes ago, vml said:

hey guys...i have a good news for u all ...my case is received by nvc.i dont have a full information ...just gang up their call .will  update mu timeline soon.noa2 is 31st October...yippeeee... hopefully u all will get  your case numbers.ca them and try your luck..good luck.

YES FINALLY! I'm so glad you got it... now hopefully we will start seeing early Nov. NOA2s receive something... 

23 minutes ago, D and T said:

No need to worry - the consulate will accept a certified copy and a photocopy! I had to order mine online as well, as my parents lost the original.

Once you hand over your documents at the consulate, the officer will keep the original (certified copy) and a photocopy of the long form birth certificate. The officer will hand both copies over to the interviewer and once the interview is done, you'll get the original back. 

The interview is the easiest part of the process so don't worry!!

It was good to talk to the NVC personnel, at least she gave us a maximum date when we can get our case number ....USCIS Tier 1 and 2 are ridiculous.....we called them and talked to tier 1 and yes,,, 90 days as she mentioned ...oh come on! got forward to tier  but after his spanish words and we asked i he can speak english the call ended...there you goooooo.....

Called USCIS again for our case been sent to NVC and Tier 2 said yes and we asked the date she couldnt answer and just hang up so quick !! so rude !!! 

hoping and praying  for our NVC by January 15th maximum as the woman said...

Good luck everyone !

God bless you all...

MERRY CHRISTMAS  :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 minutes ago, kat.cap13 said:

No need to worry - the consulate will accept a certified copy and a photocopy! I had to order mine online as well, as my parents lost the original.

Once you hand over your documents at the consulate, the officer will keep the original (certified copy) and a photocopy of the long form birth certificate. The officer will hand both copies over to the interviewer and once the interview is done, you'll get the original back. 

The interview is the easiest part of the process so don't worry!!

Thanks! How about the affidavit of support, what did you collect for that? E.g bank statements? tax forms? :)

3 minutes ago, Hope91 said:

Thanks! How about the affidavit of support, what did you collect for that? E.g bank statements? tax forms? :)

You'll need the original affidavit of support (with wet signature). I collected my fiancés 2016 IRS tax return, 2016 W2's, letter of employment, 3 paystubs, and bank account history. The officer accepted all of these documents, so make sure to have these! 

Feel free to message me if you have any questions :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, kat.cap13 said:

You'll need the original affidavit of support (with wet signature). I collected my fiancés 2016 IRS tax return, 2016 W2's, letter of employment, 3 paystubs, and bank account history. The officer accepted all of these documents, so make sure to have these! 

Feel free to message me if you have any questions :) 

Can you provide more info on the bank account history. Was it just the monthly bank statement or did you have to go to the bank and get a letter with the year balance? 

I-129F NOA2 to NVC Receive Time Tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

I-129F RFE Master List 2017 Edition - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QZLEE9OecLgkFXzE_ChRWqPGW4breSStBXafL2zbGhA/edit?usp=sharing

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVC? Click here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIS? https://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you are a May filer and still waiting for approval add your self here - https://etherpad.net/p/May_I-129F_Pending

All May Past RAW Scans Herehttps://goo.gl/NEgqgk

3 minutes ago, Shoegum said:

Can you provide more info on the bank account history. Was it just the monthly bank statement or did you have to go to the bank and get a letter with the year balance? 

It was a 1 page letter signed by the bank stating: "The following is verification of deposits and account balances regarding the accounts owned by XXXX at XXXX."

The letter included his member number, opening date on the accounts, account types (checking and saving), accounts numbers, current balances, average balances (past 12 months), and total deposits (past 12 months). 

It was really quick to get from the bank. I know a lot of people will provide bank statements, I'm sure both are accepted!

Hope this helps :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, vml said:

hey guys...i have a good news for u all ...my case is received by nvc.i dont have a full information ...just gang up their call .will  update mu timeline soon.noa2 is 31st October...yippeeee... hopefully u all will get  your case numbers.ca them and try your luck..good luck.

Calling now hoping our is there same NOA2 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Niger
Timeline
1 hour ago, vml said:

Congratulations! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.