Murph4865

I-129F MAY FILERS PART 2

3,606 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, gomeze87 said:

Called NVC about 30 minutes ago, and i spoke with a Officer in Spanish ( i just feel they are more understanding and polite) but i told him i been 3 weeks waiting, and he told me to try next week. I dont know what led him to give me that answer but maybe they are expecting a shipment just like other users have mentioned. Feeling optimistic about next week now.

Everytime I call they tell me to try again "next week", so I wouldn't necessarily read too much into it. They've been telling me that for 3 weeks now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
22 minutes ago, June2017UK said:

For those waiting on an NVC Received, there was an Oct 25 NOA2/ Dec 5 NVC Received entry on VJ, 12 hours ago. Exactly 6 weeks, but my point is that this presumably means a ’batch’ of late October NOA2s were recently delivered to NVC

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?cfl=0&id=253083

Awesome news, thanks for flagging :))) 6 weeks for us on Monday so fingers crossed we will all see some most welcomed movement next week :jest:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hi everyone, hope everyone is doing well and holding out faith, it will come.  I have a question. My fiancé's medicals are 11 and 14 Dec and she keep's calling the embassy to schedule the interview appointment and they keep telling her for a week now that there are no appointments available right now.  I'm confused, it should be like a DR's office, where there is some schedule, even if it's a month or two out?  Why would they not have appointments?  Has anyone ever run into this issue with their embassy?  We are working with the South African embassy.

Called and spoke with someone at NVC this morning. It's been 5 weeks today since I received my NOA2, and nothing. She told me that NVC "never stops processing or receiving petitions for K1", but that doesn't seem consistent with what we're seeing here in VJ. She told me I could go ahead and email NVC research right now, but I just received a response that says they won't look into it until 6 weeks has passed. 

This really does seem like the first time in a while that there's been such a delay in people receiving case numbers. I thought more people would receive something this week but we've only seen 1 person get something...

3 minutes ago, heartinKorea said:

Called and spoke with someone at NVC this morning. It's been 5 weeks today since I received my NOA2, and nothing. She told me that NVC "never stops processing or receiving petitions for K1", but that doesn't seem consistent with what we're seeing here in VJ. She told me I could go ahead and email NVC research right now, but I just received a response that says they won't look into it until 6 weeks has passed. 

This really does seem like the first time in a while that there's been such a delay in people receiving case numbers. I thought more people would receive something this week but we've only seen 1 person get something...

we keep getting the short end of the stick.

first we waited forever for NOA2 and now waiting far above the average time for NVC letter and number. why does this process hate us??1 :crying:

Edited by K1VisaApplicant05

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

On form DS160, there's a part where it asks for "intended arrival" date. How would we even know?

As of this point, we have no idea when how long it would take to the interview date and if it gets approved? 

Does anyone have a suggestion on what is a good estimate?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My NOA1 was May 30th 2017. It has been over 6 months now 😢 Today is December 8th 2017. Going on 192 days 😩 Why haven’t I received the NOA 2 yet ??? Not even my Lawyer can answer my question.  My application is at the California Service Center and I’m trying to get a I 129F from the Philippines 🇵🇭. 

Is anybody else having this problem ???

Edited by Irishdoherty

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
I-129F Sent : 2017-05-29
I-129F NOA1 : 2017-05-30
I-129F RFE(s) : 2017-12-27  
RFE Reply(s) : 2018-01-27
I-129F NOA2 : 2018-03-03
NVC Received : 2018-03-15 :jest:
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :2018-03-19  
NVC Left :2018-03-21  
Consulate Received :2018-03-25  
Packet 3 Received :  
Packet 3 Sent :  
Packet 4 Received :  
Interview Date :2018-05-23        
Interview Result :approved 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Irishdoherty said:

My NOA1 was May 30th 2017. It has been over 6 months now 😢 Today is December 8th 2017. Going on 192 days 😩 Why haven’t I received the NOA 2 yet ??? Not even my Lawyer can answer my question.  My application is at the California Service Center and I’m trying to get a I 129F from the Philippines 🇵🇭. 

Is anybody else having this problem ???

Unfortunately many people here are one the same boat as you are... USCIS is overloaded with applications and is extremely slow :(  

Edited by alik

NOA1 - May 22

NOA2 - Dec 1

NOA2 Hard copy received - Dec 6

NVC received - Jan 18

NVC Case # assigned - Jan 29

Embassy receives documents (NVC status is READY) - Jan 31 

Medical Exam - Feb 21

Interview - Feb 27

long wait due to government incompetence realized in 2 month testing for TB  

POE - May 22

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
On 6/12/2017 at 7:00 PM, Shaman said:

Thank you! 🤗

now it feels a bit easier cause the calculation is 4 to 6week to deliver case to NVC+4 to 6weeks for NVC, 2-3 weeks till interview. And it is not 190+days anyway. ✌️😉

You mean...it can be 6 weeks+6weeks+3 weeks=15 weeks at worse? Is that what you meant? 

I didn’t think that long!!! 😓

***Waiting for interview***

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys, 

I was looking at Packet 3 for Montreal and it says we need marriage certificates. I saw it before and didn't think it applied to us. Now I am wondering if it means marriage certificate for past marriages. My Canadian fiance has been married before but no longer has marriage certificate. Did any of you come across this requirement for embassy interview by any chance? I found some old vj threads and found that original divorce documents are sufficient. I sent an inquiry at the embassy too but haven't received a response yet. Any answers you guys can provide would be super helpful. 

I also checked department of state website and for K1 the requirements do not show marriage certificates just divorce decrees. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html#6

Thanks! 

image.png

Good evening everyone.I need your help guys.So we received the hard copy from Rfe (finally)And now me and my fiance we are having a debate.I'll atached a picture.The thing is I say they are asking additional evidence of the relationship and the intend to reside aswell.He is saying ONLY the adress thing,no extra evidence.What do you think?Thank you in advance.

20171208_225605.jpg

Edited by Catalina21

Timeline
8 minutes ago, aisha1109 said:

Hey guys, 

I was looking at Packet 3 for Montreal and it says we need marriage certificates. I saw it before and didn't think it applied to us. Now I am wondering if it means marriage certificate for past marriages. My Canadian fiance has been married before but no longer has marriage certificate. Did any of you come across this requirement for embassy interview by any chance? I found some old vj threads and found that original divorce documents are sufficient. I sent an inquiry at the embassy too but haven't received a response yet. Any answers you guys can provide would be super helpful. 

I also checked department of state website and for K1 the requirements do not show marriage certificates just divorce decrees. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html#6

Thanks! 

image.png

I was divorced as well and they did not ask for my old marriage certificate in Montreal (I did order a certified copy though, just incase they did). He will just need his divorce certificate.  You can read about my interview experience on my timeline if you'd like.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, eastcoastgroove said:

I was divorced as well and they did not ask for my old marriage certificate in Montreal (I did order a certified copy though, just incase they did). He will just need his divorce certificate.  You can read about my interview experience on my timeline if you'd like.  

Thank you so much! Super helpful. I honestly think its the Montreal Embassy website that's not clear or updated. I think they used to have one check list for K1 and K3 Visa and now even though its separate, they didn't edit the list or they are using same list CR-1; not sure. 

The site also says to file I-864 affidavit of support but then the checklist shows I-134. Which one did you file? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, aisha1109 said:

Thank you so much! Super helpful. I honestly think its the Montreal Embassy website that's not clear or updated. I think they used to have one check list for K1 and K3 Visa and now even though its separate, they didn't edit the list or they are using same list CR-1; not sure. 

The site also says to file I-864 affidavit of support but then the checklist shows I-134. Which one did you file? 

I-134 for the K1 Interview and then the I-864 for when you apply for your green card after getting married (AOS).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.