Murph4865

I-129F MAY FILERS PART 2

3,606 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Vickimaher said:

You can visit on an ESTA I have visited twice already and about to visit again I am a May filer and mine still has not been approved 

Can we visit fiancé/e in the states with ESTA after getting NOA2 does anybody know? I booked my flight to visit before receiving NOA2...lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Saki said:

Can we visit fiancé/e in the states with ESTA after getting NOA2 does anybody know? I booked my flight to visit before receiving NOA2...lol

If you have a valid visa to enter the USA you can come visit. Please keep in mind that technically officer at POE may deny entry anyway, even if you have a visa.

I don't think your K1 application status (NOA1, NOA2, etc) has anything to do with your ability to travel but perhaps this is a good question for a lawyer  

NOA1 - May 22

NOA2 - Dec 1

NOA2 Hard copy received - Dec 6

NVC received - Jan 18

NVC Case # assigned - Jan 29

Embassy receives documents (NVC status is READY) - Jan 31 

Medical Exam - Feb 21

Interview - Feb 27

long wait due to government incompetence realized in 2 month testing for TB  

POE - May 22

47 minutes ago, Saki said:

Yes however you need to have good proof that you are going to return to your country of origin it is the officer at the POE descression if they let you enter or not 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Vickimaher said:

Yes however you need to have good proof that you are going to return to your country of origin it is the officer at the POE descression if they let you enter or not 

Thank you and @alik!! Makes me feel a lot better.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 12/6/2017 at 12:03 AM, Naes said:

Yep thank you 😊 doing my best!

82 days in and been too deep in this for every single day since 😁

OK he got approved yesterday lol you were right 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Got NOA2 hardcopy today. Date on NOA2 was December 1st but we got approved on the 5th. Is it supposed to be like that? :huh:

K-1 Visa process

05/02/2017: Received Date
05/04/2017: NOA1 
10/24/2017: Request for Additional Evidence
10/28/2017: Request for Additional Evidence hard copy in mail
11/03/2017: Sent RFE response
11/15/2017: USCIS received reply

12/05/2017: NOA2
12/07/2017: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/17/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
01/19/2018: Case Number Received
01/25/2018: Embassy Received. 
01/27/2018: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
02/15/2018: Medical
02/22/2018: Interview 
02/22/2018: APPROVED!

03/01/2018: Visa in Hand
03/05/2018: POE Airport
04/18/2018: Married! 

AOS process

05/21/2018 AOS Package Mailed

05/21/2018 Package delivered

06/06/2018 Email and Text notifications received (This is the date on NOA1 too)

06/11/2018 NOA1 in Mail

10/05/2018 EAD/AP received

08/12/2019 Interview scheduled

09/16/2019 Interview date

09/17/2019 Card was sent for production (Approved)

09/19/2019 Card was mailed

09/23/2019 Green card on hand :)

Hi guys!

I have a question, for some reason I would like my interview to be in April, I wanted to know if I can choose the date of my interview myself, or they will choose it for me? 

Thanks 

Edited by Daphney

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Daphney said:

Hi guys!

I have a question, for some reason I would like my interview to be in April, I wanted to know if I can choose the date of my interview myself, or they will choose it for me? 

Thanks 

I'm not sure but you may need to extend your noa2 maybe. 

Guys;

Is it till you schedule the interview or the interview should be in those 4 months?

Timeline
22 minutes ago, amkhan said:

OK he got approved yesterday lol you were right 

Congrats.

i134 is needed for the interview.

and if consponsor is needed, they will also need to get the proper documents and i134 ready for the interview.

Edited by Naes

12 hours ago, Naes said:

I'm not sure but you may need to extend your noa2 maybe. 

Guys;

Is it till you schedule the interview or the interview should be in those 4 months?

Me wanted to schedule the interview in April , I have long I didn't see my brother ,wanted spend time with him before I leave , for that I wanted know if I could schedule the interview for April 

Timeline
Just now, Daphney said:

Me wanted to schedule the interview in April , I have long I didn't see my brother ,wanted spend time with him before I leave , for that I wanted know if I could schedule the interview for April 

I think it is awesome, I'll do the same but probably my noa won't be here till then anyways..

just check about the noa2 expiration dates and how it works. I know you need to schedule your interview in 4 months but I don't know how scheduling it for a date that is after 4 months work.

4 minutes ago, Daphney said:

You can schedule your interview before your Noa 2 expires and the k1 visa expires 3 or 6 month before it's issued.  I not completely sure but that's what a cousin of my told me. She did this process last year 

5/27/2017: I-129F sent to USCIS

5/30/2017: Received by USCIS

6/8/2017: Received our NOA1 hard copy via mail; NOA1 Hard Copy Receipt Date: 5/30/2017

11/29/2017: NOA2 Notification via USCS App 
12/04/2017: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/11/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
01/12/2018: Case Number Received

01/19/2018: NVC Left
01/19/2018: Embassy Received. 
01/22/2018: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
02/05/2018: Medical
02/21/2018: Interview and approved!

03/06/2018: Visa in Hand
xx/xx/2018: POE at Fort Lauderdale Airport

xx/xx/2018: Married to my Love!          

NOA2 to NVC time tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.