Murph4865

I-129F MAY FILERS PART 2

3,606 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My case is showing as READY as of 9th January 

My fiancé is with me in the UK visiting at the moment. I want to sort everything as soon as possible , what are the next steps?!

Thanks

--- Beneficiary---

NOA1: 24 May 2017

No RFEs
NOA2: 09 September 2017
K1 received : 23 March 2018 :D

Next Step: Flight booked for 15 April 2018 - POE Washington Dulles

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Fiammetta said:

Do you guys know what a PRIORITY DATE is?

I see it’s my filing date, but what will I need that for?

K1 doesn't have one so it doesn't have any importance as far as I know.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Fiammetta said:

Do you guys know what a PRIORITY DATE is?

I see it’s my filing date, but what will I need that for?

It's the date of approval, of your NOA-2)

12 hours ago, Nefertari said:

My case was received today at NVC!!!:jest: how much time takes to generate the number?

Congraaaaaaaaaaaats

5/27/2017: I-129F sent to USCIS

5/30/2017: Received by USCIS

6/8/2017: Received our NOA1 hard copy via mail; NOA1 Hard Copy Receipt Date: 5/30/2017

11/29/2017: NOA2 Notification via USCS App 
12/04/2017: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/11/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
01/12/2018: Case Number Received

01/19/2018: NVC Left
01/19/2018: Embassy Received. 
01/22/2018: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
02/05/2018: Medical
02/21/2018: Interview and approved!

03/06/2018: Visa in Hand
xx/xx/2018: POE at Fort Lauderdale Airport

xx/xx/2018: Married to my Love!          

NOA2 to NVC time tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 hours ago, LucyDolly said:

My case is showing as READY as of 9th January 

My fiancé is with me in the UK visiting at the moment. I want to sort everything as soon as possible , what are the next steps?!

Thanks

From what I gather now is time to apply for DS-160 and get in touch with US embassy in (your case) London and schedule medical appointment and the interview. I suppose the embassy may have additional info for you too. Congratulations and good luck!!!

NOA1 - May 22

NOA2 - Dec 1

NOA2 Hard copy received - Dec 6

NVC received - Jan 18

NVC Case # assigned - Jan 29

Embassy receives documents (NVC status is READY) - Jan 31 

Medical Exam - Feb 21

Interview - Feb 27

long wait due to government incompetence realized in 2 month testing for TB  

POE - May 22

Timeline

Questions for those of you already went through completing DS-160: Do you pay for the visa online, after completing the form or payment has to be sent to embassy (???) in a separate transaction? Also is there additional fee for medical examination and interview? If so, how is the payment arranged? Is this embassy specific thing?

Thanks! 

NOA1 - May 22

NOA2 - Dec 1

NVC received - Jan 18

Medical Exam - Feb 21

Interview - Feb 27

POE - May 22

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
17 hours ago, Cristina24 said:

I have a question, if anyone knows what the right thing to do is. My interview is on the 30th of jan and my fiance just sent me the required documents including the affidavit. However he feels he is going to lose his job in a few days. what happens if im at my interview and he has lost his job? 

I’m bumping this cause I see no one has answered your question. Give people a chance to if they know what you can do. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, alik said:

Questions for those of you already went through completing DS-160: Do you pay for the visa online, after completing the form or payment has to be sent to embassy (???) in a separate transaction? Also is there additional fee for medical examination and interview? If so, how is the payment arranged? Is this embassy specific thing?

Thanks! 

All of that is embassy specific. I do know that there is a medical fee you pay directly at the doctor’s office and the information for the authorized doctor should be on your embassy site for K1 guidelines. The DS-160 is already the visa fee for your interview. You shouldn’t have to pay anything more. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, TNJ17 said:

All of that is embassy specific. I do know that there is a medical fee you pay directly at the doctor’s office and the information for the authorized doctor should be on your embassy site for K1 guidelines. The DS-160 is already the visa fee for your interview. You shouldn’t have to pay anything more. 

thanks!

NOA1 - May 22

NOA2 - Dec 1

NVC received - Jan 18

Medical Exam - Feb 21

Interview - Feb 27

POE - May 22

Timeline
17 hours ago, Cristina24 said:

I have a question, if anyone knows what the right thing to do is. My interview is on the 30th of jan and my fiance just sent me the required documents including the affidavit. However he feels he is going to lose his job in a few days. what happens if im at my interview and he has lost his job? 

The affidavit form he had sent you should include a statement from his employer confirming he is in a good standing. Does it?

Anyway, in general I don't think this is a problem. If the affidavit is signed while he is employed, then it is truthful and correct. Also the affidavit of support states that he is going to support you, not that he will never be changing jobs. 

I would certainly run this question by a lawyer but I don't see any reason for a concern while you are at the interview.  

NOA1 - May 22

NOA2 - Dec 1

NVC received - Jan 18

Medical Exam - Feb 21

Interview - Feb 27

POE - May 22

Timeline

Hmmmm, I just got this email from NVC but it doesn’t list a case number. And when I called last night they said they didn’t have a number for me yet. I’ve never heard anyone on here getting an email like this. This also doesn’t sound like an email about K1. Has anyone seen this before?

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry and is ready to accept fees, documents, and forms in support of this immigrant visa application. We will send detailed instructions to the petitioner, principal applicant, and/or attorney of record soon. 

Please keep in mind for future inquiries that you will need to provide all of the following information with each e-mail or telephone inquiry. That way, we can provide you with a detailed response:

Name of the person submitting the inquiry,

NVC case number or USCIS receipt number, 

Petitioner's name, and

Principal Applicant's name and date of birth.

NOTE: If the petition is employment-based (I-140), include the employer's company/organization name.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.