Murph4865

I-129F MAY FILERS PART 2

3,606 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Trinab80 said:

Just got off the phone with Tier 2 who informed me my case is still pending and that it makes no sense to submit another inquiry at this time and I should wait at least 5 weeks before calling and submitting another request. He said that the petition is reviewed by different officers who conduct the variety of background checks and he could tell me that my case has been touched but could not tell me where it currently stands in the review process. 

So at this point I have submitted an inquiry to the Ombudsman which takes 45 days for response which is basically 5 weeks. I'm really at my wits end and now have to share this disappointing news with my fiance when he gets home from work. 

I'm still left to sit here with no answers, still feeling uncertain and not knowing what's going on and what to do. 

Just want to say that I'm happy for everyone here that has further movement in their cases and a day closer to your love one. I'm gonna be mute for awhile because with everyone having so much excitement going on with the next steps of their cases, my case is stuck and now I'm starting to think this process was the wrong thing to do.

Hello Trina, you know my spouse and I are in a similar situation as you, so let me tell you the process it's not wrong, because I'm living the same with the I-130 petition, we also submitted an inquiry in January 2nd, we got a response in January 6th. The email and letter we got said this "we have had to perform additional review and this has caused a delay in processing time. Your case is currently with an adjudication officer, you should receive a decision or notice within 60 days" . So we called again and talked with tier 2, and asked him to explain what kind of review they are doing, and he told us, he doesn't know the number of the officer has our case, and told us, are many background checks, and our case is under FBI and immigration background check because of the previous Tourist visa cancelled because of the "intended immigrant" thing, don't  have a criminal record at all, but yes I had the issue with immigration and we were told we have to wait 2 months and a half,  or three,  because that officer has to return our file to the adjudication officer who's going to approved when the FBI and immigration background check finally ends, so if you would have submitted the I-130 u would be married right know but the story it would be the same girl 😞. The only thing we could do Right know it's sending a immigration congressional inquiry, we have it ready but we are going to send it in February 1st and we are asking to the congresswoman to ask uscis if they could speed up a little bit that background check. But that's all , nothing but wait!   So I bet they are doing the same with your file but in 7 months it was the first time a tier 2 was helpful and kind with us, in pretty sure in your service center they are more rude, less helpful and they also have a overload with the files, and they sent you the standard response of the inquiry, but I'm sure your file is in background checks before mine, you'll see you'll have the approval before. Good luck Trina and I hope this information helps u. 

Edited by MMEE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
3 hours ago, TNJ17 said:

I am not trying to be rude when I say this, but check the spreadsheet, people. Regardless of which one of those dates you were approved on, NVC is just now receiving nov 17 cases. You can’t think something is wrong until a lot of people way passed your date of approval get their NVC numbers. Chill, you’re probably looking at another week or two. And again, check the spreadsheet. 

I am looking at the spreadsheet everyday!!! (It's even in my signature!)

I'm not saying something is wrong, I was just asking if there is any other way to check, since as you can see in the spreadsheet there are people that had a NVC number after 20 days, and I've read a lot of comments here of people that say they don't actually contact you in any way when your number is ready.

My question about my approval date was just because I didn't change my date of approval on the spreadsheet, so I was curious of what happened/who did it.

And yes, I said myself I'm stressing out...after almost 250 days... yes, I'm not very chill!:D

Edited by Fiammetta

***Waiting for interview***

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
54 minutes ago, IG&JG said:

Hi! Yesterday got number,today NVC left...it's really quick :huh::rolleyes:

I wish everyone good luck

Congrats. Could you create a timeline on VJ so we can have use your timeline as a guide? Thanks. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Anyone else having trouble updating the VJ timeline with the NVC info? Something about the dates being wrong. Well yes, the date they received the petition is WAY TOO LONG since the day we were approved for NOA2. 

Oh and by the way, we are at week 9, even though they received our petition, it's been 3 days and NO NUMBER YET. How frustrating!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
2 hours ago, Fiammetta said:

I am looking at the spreadsheet everyday!!! (It's even in my signature!)

I'm not saying something is wrong, I was just asking if there is any other way to check, since as you can see in the spreadsheet there are people that had a NVC number after 20 days, and I've read a lot of comments here of people that say they don't actually contact you in any way when your number is ready.

My question about my approval date was just because I didn't change my date of approval on the spreadsheet, so I was curious of what happened/who did it.

And yes, I said myself I'm stressing out...after almost 250 days... yes, I'm not very chill!:D

i agree. same here.:D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
13 hours ago, tpeach said:

Finally NVC has received our Case. Monday 8th. 59 long days of waiting over with. Waiting clock reset, another US Holiday in que also to wait through. Hope this wait is short by my standards instead of theirs, but not likely.... I was told that the longer than usual delays were because of a new system recently to process is taking longer amount of time. Well that is what I was told by NVC, who knows...

Call for the number. Mine was also received on Monday the 8th, they assigned the number today, Wednesday the 10th.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
54 minutes ago, JGEP said:

NVC Received on Friday and today updated to In Transit!

same thing for me today NVC tracker shows " Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center. "  what does this mean?  What interview date did NVC set up? no one told me they are arranging an appointment?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
8 hours ago, RcaliforniaR said:

Anyone else having trouble updating the VJ timeline with the NVC info? Something about the dates being wrong. Well yes, the date they received the petition is WAY TOO LONG since the day we were approved for NOA2. 

Oh and by the way, we are at week 9, even though they received our petition, it's been 3 days and NO NUMBER YET. How frustrating!

i had such problem and solution was just to fill two fields - date package recieved and date case #) 

National Visa Center Processing  
Date Package Received By NVC :  (yyyy-mm-dd)
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :  (yyyy-mm-dd)

Good Morning...

My fiancé called yesterday to NVC and they told him to call USCIS cause they haven't received our case yet, then he called USCIS to ask about our case and they told him a Tier2 would return the call....

Two hours later they called him and told him our case was sent to NVC on 1.8.2017 and we should wait up to 2 weeks to hear something from them.

that's my update so far, I am going to call next week to keep an eye on them.

5/27/2017: I-129F sent to USCIS

5/30/2017: Received by USCIS

6/8/2017: Received our NOA1 hard copy via mail; NOA1 Hard Copy Receipt Date: 5/30/2017

11/29/2017: NOA2 Notification via USCS App 
12/04/2017: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/11/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
01/12/2018: Case Number Received

01/19/2018: NVC Left
01/19/2018: Embassy Received. 
01/22/2018: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
02/05/2018: Medical
02/21/2018: Interview and approved!

03/06/2018: Visa in Hand
xx/xx/2018: POE at Fort Lauderdale Airport

xx/xx/2018: Married to my Love!          

NOA2 to NVC time tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
11 hours ago, OutOfThisWorld said:

Call for the number. Mine was also received on Monday the 8th, they assigned the number today, Wednesday the 10th.

Nope not mine, received the 8th just called again this morning 11th and nothing yet. Seems like I should be used to this waiting game, but as the carrot gets closer someone keeps moving it a little further away....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lilly2302 said:

Good Morning...

My fiancé called yesterday to NVC and they told him to call USCIS cause they haven't received our case yet, then he called USCIS to ask about our case and they told him a Tier2 would return the call....

Two hours later they called him and told him our case was sent to NVC on 1.8.2017 and we should wait up to 2 weeks to hear something from them.

that's my update so far, I am going to call next week to keep an eye on them.

Don't wait 2 weeks to call. You're NOA2 11/29. They are now on NOA2 Nov 22. You're still not on the files getting to NVC this week, but don't wait two weeks to call. You will most likely it get to NVC next week. Call back next week. You're close.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.