Murph4865

I-129F MAY FILERS PART 2

3,606 posts in this topic

Sooooo, I got my "response" to my inquiry which basically says they regret that they cannot give me a timeframe when they will be able to my case but the CSC is committed to working on their caseload. And that they will be making every effort to adjudicate my case in a timely manner. And that's it.

No expected timeframe, nothing about waiting for security background checks to clear, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! Nothing more than what I have been told week by week when I call. Submitting an inquiry did nothing!!  I didn't get any update on my case and I'm nowhere near closer to a decision than I was yesterday and the days before. 

I'm still waiting with uncertainty as to why it's taking so long. Here I'm thinking it's gonna say something about background checks or SOMETHING, and I still got NOTHING!!!

Maybe I need to withdraw my petition and just start over with doing the spousal visa at this point! I really don't know what to do!!

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi guyz, and gals, 

I have case number from nvc..manila is our embassy..submitted the DS-160 . what do i do next? pay fee? where? schedule med exam and interview? where ?how?

/ how?

Sooooo, I got my "response" to my inquiry which basically says they regret that they cannot give me a timeframe when they will be able to my case but the CSC is committed to working on their caseload. And that they will be making every effort to adjudicate my case in a timely manner. And that's it.

No expected timeframe, nothing about waiting for security background checks to clear, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! Nothing more than what I have been told week by week when I call. Submitting an inquiry did nothing!!  I didn't get any update on my case and I'm nowhere near closer to a decision than I was yesterday and the days before. 

I'm still waiting with uncertainty as to why it's taking so long. Here I'm thinking it's gonna say something about background checks or SOMETHING, and I still got NOTHING!!!

Maybe I need to withdraw my petition and just start over with doing the spousal visa at this point! I really don't know what to do!!

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Timeline

is it just me or does anyone else think adding all that timeline stuff to signatures makes it difficult to read the postings on the thread?

I mean , the time line already has a button on each posting...am i  missing the usefulness of cramming it into the signature so that it appears on every single posted comment?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I have some questions for @Shoegum and the other users that are involved with the NOA" to NVC Time Tracker.

We received the communication (email, app, text...) of our Approval on November 27th, but the date written on the Approval was 24th.

When I asked what date was I supposed to consider and type in the time tracker, somebody (can't remember who) told me to use the 27th.

Then I realized at some point my date was changed.

• It was some type of mistake or I should consider my date as the 24th? (I know it's not very important, I'm just over thinking about this wait again... sounds like 44 or 47 days makes a very big difference to me!) :whistle::jest:
  • Do you know if there is anything else I can do besides calling NVC and sending them emails (every day and zero responses!) Would calling USCIS do any good?
  • After this wait should I expect more waiting? (Everybody use to write that after NOA2 everything go faster.... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really???????:wacko::huh:)

***Waiting for interview***

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Trinab80 said:

i have feeling too that i am gona get same reply from both of the inquiries i have created ...this is totally nonsense.what else they want from us.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
2 hours ago, WanderingSouls said:

is it just me or does anyone else think adding all that timeline stuff to signatures makes it difficult to read the postings on the thread?

I mean , the time line already has a button on each posting...am i  missing the usefulness of cramming it into the signature so that it appears on every single posted comment?

Actually, I haven't though of that..you are right, I'm going to change it ;)

***Waiting for interview***

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, mcs said:

Some light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel news... yesterday, my fiancee had her interview at the Bangkok embassy and... Visa granted!!!!  :D

My deepest heartfelt thanks to all those here on VisaJourney who provided help and support during what has been one of the most arduous and anxiety-generating experiences I've ever gone through.  The good news is that there is an end and my hope for all here is that this process finds your relationships stronger than when you started and that the happy endings you seek are all attained sooner rather than later.

I wish to personally thank @Trinab80 , @LabOz , @AnaMolina , @John & Rose , @Estibaliz  and so many others for our candid conversations; without you, getting through this journey would have been so much more difficult.

I know that this process is not yet complete; there are still many more hurdles to tackle before it's over... but I can tell you that the happiness of getting to this point is all but overwhelming.

I am leaving on a 1:30 AM flight tomorrow to be with my love, pre-planned since we haven't seen each other since September 2016, arriving on our second engagement anniversary!!!  :) 

Unfortunately, I will not be able to bring her back with me but, hopefully, in the next couple of months or so, I can return to Bangkok and finally bring her here... 

Omg Michael, I am SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! I had no doubt this day would arrive, but when it finally does it's just so exciting!! I'm glad you will be with her after so long, enjoy your trip. I know you would love to bring her home with you, but now you know it's happening SOON! She will have a loooot going on now and time will go fast, promise!

omg I can't wait to see pictures of you guys.

you are so very welcome, I have no words for you cause you helped me so much thru this process as well.

yayyyy congratzzzz 😊😊😊😊😊😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 hours ago, COJO said:

Hi everyone! I was wondering if you could provide me with the number to call the NVC at? It has been 6 weeks since approval and through email they informed me that it wasn't received. Therefore, after 6 weeks you can send them a scanned copy of your approval notice, which I did. I would just like the number, so I can call them too.

Thanks for all your help and support!! :)

NVC # is +1 603-334-0700. Press 1 and then 5. Give the receipt number.

If the case number is available, get ready to provide both of your full names, and the beneficiary's date of birth.

Edited by OutOfThisWorld

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
2 hours ago, Fiammetta said:

I have some questions for @Shoegum and the other users that are involved with the NOA" to NVC Time Tracker.

We received the communication (email, app, text...) of our Approval on November 27th, but the date written on the Approval was 24th.

When I asked what date was I supposed to consider and type in the time tracker, somebody (can't remember who) told me to use the 27th.

Then I realized at some point my date was changed.

• It was some type of mistake or I should consider my date as the 24th? (I know it's not very important, I'm just over thinking about this wait again... sounds like 44 or 47 days makes a very big difference to me!) :whistle::jest:
  • Do you know if there is anything else I can do besides calling NVC and sending them emails (every day and zero responses!) Would calling USCIS do any good?
  • After this wait should I expect more waiting? (Everybody use to write that after NOA2 everything go faster.... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really???????:wacko::huh:)

I am not trying to be rude when I say this, but check the spreadsheet, people. Regardless of which one of those dates you were approved on, NVC is just now receiving nov 17 cases. You can’t think something is wrong until a lot of people way passed your date of approval get their NVC numbers. Chill, you’re probably looking at another week or two. And again, check the spreadsheet. 

Just got off the phone with Tier 2 who informed me my case is still pending and that it makes no sense to submit another inquiry at this time and I should wait at least 5 weeks before calling and submitting another request. He said that the petition is reviewed by different officers who conduct the variety of background checks and he could tell me that my case has been touched but could not tell me where it currently stands in the review process. 

So at this point I have submitted an inquiry to the Ombudsman which takes 45 days for response which is basically 5 weeks. I'm really at my wits end and now have to share this disappointing news with my fiance when he gets home from work. 

I'm still left to sit here with no answers, still feeling uncertain and not knowing what's going on and what to do. 

Just want to say that I'm happy for everyone here that has further movement in their cases and a day closer to your love one. I'm gonna be mute for awhile because with everyone having so much excitement going on with the next steps of their cases, my case is stuck and now I'm starting to think this process was the wrong thing to do.

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

A Nov 22 case has touched NVC according to the spreadsheet. I’m gonna wait til 7pm just to be on the safe side because of the daily mail run to call and find out. Here’s hoping. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
23 hours ago, AZSunshine78 said:

FOR THOSE WHO KNOW THEIR NOA2 SHIP DATE TO NVC

could you please @ me?

Im looking for trends on when they send their shipments because I do know they send in bulk.

So based on when USCIS told you it was sent and based on when NVC said it should be there, maybe we can determine a rough estimate for when they ship?..

ie: approvals 1st through 14th get shipped on the 15th and 15th to the end of the month get shipped the 1st of the following month...

•  

NOA2: 11th November 2017 (which was a Saturday)

When we called USCIS on 26th December, they said they still have NOT sent the application to NVC.

NVC received our case on the 8th January 2018, but still has not been scanned into the system. 

Hope this information helps with your trend thingy.

May 22, 2017 to Mar 10, 2018 - Start of K-1 Visa Process to Point of Entry to USA

Apr 13, 2018 - Marriage

Apr 23, 2018 to Nov 15, 2018 - Start of Adjustment of Status process to Green Card in hand

Aug 11, 2020 to Feb 24, 2021 - Removal of Conditions on GC start to 10yr GC in hand

-------

Aug 08, 2021 - N-400 submitted online

Timeline

does anyone have an idea how long on average currently NVC has been keeping cases between assigning case number and sending it off to the consulate ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.