Murph4865

I-129F MAY FILERS PART 2

3,606 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, JohnAna05823 said:

Can there be a white boarder around her if her face fits within the measurements or does she have to fit to bottom of the picture?  The photos they sent are still too small for spec and I can't adjust without distorting everything.  So there's a white boarder all around her pic but fits in requirements.

My fiance had proper passport photos taken in manila...they gave him hard copies and a digital copy...have her do that and email you the digital copies...walgreens or CVS can print the passport size professional photos from your memory chip..way faster than waiting on mail and since CVS and wallgreens are all set up for printing passport photos youre assured they will be right....just make her go get proper passport photos taken..and send u the digital copies.....its dirt cheap.....worked for us

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 minutes ago, WanderingSouls said:

My fiance had proper passport photos taken in manila...they gave him hard copies and a digital copy...have her do that and email you the digital copies...walgreens or CVS can print the passport size professional photos from your memory chip..way faster than waiting on mail and since CVS and wallgreens are all set up for printing passport photos youre assured they will be right....just make her go get proper passport photos taken..and send u the digital copies.....its dirt cheap.....worked for us... he went to KODAK photostore in manila...the digital passport photos they provided , printed perfect at Walgreens for us.

Guys I really need help :( im concerned abt something. I got my case number, but what are the next steps? im reading ppl are paying fees and sending documents to the NVC but my friend never went through this last year. She never sent anything to them. Can someone link me to information or explain what they are doing? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
12 hours ago, dtownsend said:

Hello VisaJourney Family!

It's been a while since I have been on here - my I-129F was approved 48 days ago and I still have not received my NVC case number. After calling NVC multiple times, it appears that in October/November USCIS approved many I-129Fs and were "shipping the approvals in two shipments" to the NVC... Nevertheless, 30 days after our approval, the NVC said to wait two more weeks to be certain. I did, and on day 45 I still heard nothing. So, after calling the NVC again, they said that I should contact the USCIS. I called USCIS and was told that the 30-day wait period before calling the NVC had been raised to....90 days! I kindly reminded the woman on the phone that our NOA2 states we should have to wait no longer than 30 days to hear from the NVC, to which she said, "I'll let someone know that our NOAs still show 30 days.... 

I just thought I'd vent/let you all know in case there were anyone other May-filers who were wondering what the hell was going on!

90 days to send mail....This is outrageous. 

K-1 Visa process

05/02/2017: Received Date
05/04/2017: NOA1 
10/24/2017: Request for Additional Evidence
10/28/2017: Request for Additional Evidence hard copy in mail
11/03/2017: Sent RFE response
11/15/2017: USCIS received reply

12/05/2017: NOA2
12/07/2017: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/17/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
01/19/2018: Case Number Received
01/25/2018: Embassy Received. 
01/27/2018: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
02/15/2018: Medical
02/22/2018: Interview 
02/22/2018: APPROVED!

03/01/2018: Visa in Hand
03/05/2018: POE Airport
04/18/2018: Married! 

AOS process

05/21/2018 AOS Package Mailed

05/21/2018 Package delivered

06/06/2018 Email and Text notifications received (This is the date on NOA1 too)

06/11/2018 NOA1 in Mail

10/05/2018 EAD/AP received

08/12/2019 Interview scheduled

09/16/2019 Interview date

09/17/2019 Card was sent for production (Approved)

09/19/2019 Card was mailed

09/23/2019 Green card on hand :)

12 hours ago, dtownsend said:

It's been a while since I have been on here - my I-129F was approved 48 days ago and I still have not received my NVC case number. After calling NVC multiple times, it appears that in October/November USCIS approved many I-129Fs and were "shipping the approvals in two shipments" to the NVC... Nevertheless, 30 days after our approval, the NVC said to wait two more weeks to be certain. I did, and on day 45 I still heard nothing. So, after calling the NVC again, they said that I should contact the USCIS. I called USCIS and was told that the 30-day wait period before calling the NVC had been raised to....90 days! I kindly reminded the woman on the phone that our NOA2 states we should have to wait no longer than 30 days to hear from the NVC, to which she said, "I'll let someone know that our NOAs still show 30 days.... 

I just thought I'd vent/let you all know in case there were anyone other May-filers who were wondering what the hell was going on!

My fiancé called last week and they told him the same... This is frustrating I cant even think about this anymore without crying.

5/27/2017: I-129F sent to USCIS

5/30/2017: Received by USCIS

6/8/2017: Received our NOA1 hard copy via mail; NOA1 Hard Copy Receipt Date: 5/30/2017

11/29/2017: NOA2 Notification via USCS App 
12/04/2017: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/11/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
01/12/2018: Case Number Received

01/19/2018: NVC Left
01/19/2018: Embassy Received. 
01/22/2018: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
02/05/2018: Medical
02/21/2018: Interview and approved!

03/06/2018: Visa in Hand
xx/xx/2018: POE at Fort Lauderdale Airport

xx/xx/2018: Married to my Love!          

NOA2 to NVC time tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

Hi,

I emailed NVCResearch a while back, and Friday was told that they don't have it yet and they'd follow up with USCIS. Today I received this:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry. We contacted U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and confirmed that USCIS still has your approved immigrant petition. Per USCIS, your petition is located at the (CSC). USCIS is still working on this petition and will forward it to NVC as soon as their work is complete. Once NVC receives your approved petition, we will contact the visa applicant at the address listed on the petition.

My question: What are they still working on if it was already approved? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
8 hours ago, Cristina24 said:

Guys I really need help :( im concerned abt something. I got my case number, but what are the next steps? im reading ppl are paying fees and sending documents to the NVC but my friend never went through this last year. She never sent anything to them. Can someone link me to information or explain what they are doing? 

Congrats on your case number!  NOA2-NVC was my fiancee and my most stressful stretch yet.  I've been trying to find the same information here as well.  From the timeline it looks like NVC processing is taking ~7 days right now, once processing is done the status you check here: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx will change to in transit or something like it.  In another ~3 days, it looks like it makes it to the Embassy.

The next thing to fill out is the DS-160, you can see an example of it here: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/PDF-other/DS-160_Example.pdf

In preparing your DS-160, you'll also need the following items:

* Passport
* Travel itinerary, if you have already made travel arrangements.
* Dates of your last five visits or trips to the United States, if you have previously travelled to the United States. You may also be asked for your international travel history for the past five years. 
* Résumé or Curriculum Vitae - You may be required to provide information about your current and previous education and work history. 
* Other Information - Some applicants, depending on the intended purpose of travel, will be asked to provide additional information when completing the DS-160.

I'm trying to find out more information as well, I was able to dig up a lot of information about the DS-160.  I know we also pay for something and we might be able to book the background check and medical exam already, but not too sure about that yet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
14 hours ago, dtownsend said:

So weird. I am a June filer and got approved in December. I was literally on the phone an hour ago with a tier two who swore they send apps after 45 days. I literally made her repeat it in case I misheard and she said it is a guarantee they send after 45 days.  

10 minutes ago, britishandusa said:

So weird. I am a June filer and got approved in December. I was literally on the phone an hour ago with a tier two who swore they send apps after 45 days. I literally made her repeat it in case I misheard and she said it is a guarantee they send after 45 days.  

45 days seems about right.  Seems like lately everything gets sent between 6 to 8 weeks after NOA2.  I think they wait until they have a big enough box of approvals to save money.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Jake H said:

Hi,

I emailed NVCResearch a while back, and Friday was told that they don't have it yet and they'd follow up with USCIS. Today I received this:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry. We contacted U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and confirmed that USCIS still has your approved immigrant petition. Per USCIS, your petition is located at the (CSC). USCIS is still working on this petition and will forward it to NVC as soon as their work is complete. Once NVC receives your approved petition, we will contact the visa applicant at the address listed on the petition.

My question: What are they still working on if it was already approved? 

I was thinking that they must be doing something to those petitions after they're approved..They can't just be sitting there for nearly 2 months can they? Like you, I'm wondering what they are working on when they took 6 months to approve it...

I'm assuming every petition that's been delayed to NVC is "being worked on" at CSC...Without us even knowing...

Edited by Meech

K-1 Visa process

05/02/2017: Received Date
05/04/2017: NOA1 
10/24/2017: Request for Additional Evidence
10/28/2017: Request for Additional Evidence hard copy in mail
11/03/2017: Sent RFE response
11/15/2017: USCIS received reply

12/05/2017: NOA2
12/07/2017: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/17/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
01/19/2018: Case Number Received
01/25/2018: Embassy Received. 
01/27/2018: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
02/15/2018: Medical
02/22/2018: Interview 
02/22/2018: APPROVED!

03/01/2018: Visa in Hand
03/05/2018: POE Airport
04/18/2018: Married! 

AOS process

05/21/2018 AOS Package Mailed

05/21/2018 Package delivered

06/06/2018 Email and Text notifications received (This is the date on NOA1 too)

06/11/2018 NOA1 in Mail

10/05/2018 EAD/AP received

08/12/2019 Interview scheduled

09/16/2019 Interview date

09/17/2019 Card was sent for production (Approved)

09/19/2019 Card was mailed

09/23/2019 Green card on hand :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
5 minutes ago, pmeyer1229 said:

Well I call the NVC Friday after work and FINALLY, we got our case number which leads me to believe they had the case for a while and just assigned it the number that day. I called earlier in the week and they stated they did not have the case. My understanding is it takes a few days to get one's number following the NVC receiving the case. Hopefully, I can get by dear here within a month. I think we were at 56 or 59 days from NOA2 to NVC case number...hang in there folks, and yes, I have updated the spreadsheet. Good luck guys...keep the prayers or tears or whatever works for you comin', your time will come...this waiting is so hard though and I will never forget the inefficiency of this process funded by our tax dollars.

6 minutes ago, pmeyer1229 said:

Well I call the NVC Friday after work and FINALLY, we got our case number which leads me to believe they had the case for a while and just assigned it the number that day. I called earlier in the week and they stated they did not have the case. My understanding is it takes a few days to get one's number following the NVC receiving the case. Hopefully, I can get by dear here within a month. I think we were at 56 or 59 days from NOA2 to NVC case number...hang in there folks, and yes, I have updated the spreadsheet. Good luck guys...keep the prayers or tears or whatever works for you comin', your time will come...this waiting is so hard though and I will never forget the inefficiency of this process funded by our tax dollars.

Can't seem to find a pmeyer1229 entry in the spreadsheet...

2 hours ago, JGEP said:

Congrats on your case number!  NOA2-NVC was my fiancee and my most stressful stretch yet.  I've been trying to find the same information here as well.  From the timeline it looks like NVC processing is taking ~7 days right now, once processing is done the status you check here: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx will change to in transit or something like it.  In another ~3 days, it looks like it makes it to the Embassy.

The next thing to fill out is the DS-160, you can see an example of it here: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/PDF-other/DS-160_Example.pdf

In preparing your DS-160, you'll also need the following items:

* Passport
* Travel itinerary, if you have already made travel arrangements.
* Dates of your last five visits or trips to the United States, if you have previously travelled to the United States. You may also be asked for your international travel history for the past five years. 
* Résumé or Curriculum Vitae - You may be required to provide information about your current and previous education and work history. 
* Other Information - Some applicants, depending on the intended purpose of travel, will be asked to provide additional information when completing the DS-160.

I'm trying to find out more information as well, I was able to dig up a lot of information about the DS-160.  I know we also pay for something and we might be able to book the background check and medical exam already, but not too sure about that yet.

Thank you so much im so relieved  someone got back to me! :D my case says in transit and i got an email from the NVC saying they sent it and will contact me soon with information! Im shaking with happiness 💕💕💕👏

Edited by Cristina24

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.