Murph4865

I-129F MAY FILERS PART 2

3,606 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
27 minutes ago, useful89 said:

What was the reason for denial?

denial was because we had no meeting requirement, a fellow Nigerian talked her into not coming to Nigeria at the time we planned that she can get it waived not knowing he had plans to either sleep with my girl and get is relation to hook up with my girl for marriage right there in the USA  a church minister for that matter, but all failed  that affected our petition i am grateful for this community  i have everything i need from here 

Edited by Shayde

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
21 minutes ago, ONEBADKATT said:

Sorry to hear of ur denial. Y were u denied? I traveled to Nigeria last year. I'm a US citizen so I had to get my passport, visa, travel shots and buy my ticket. That's it. When applying for the visa u have to state the reason for ur travel and prove that u will be properly accommodated and can support yourself while visiting. That's all😊

sadly denial was because we had no meeting requirement, thanks for the information

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Shayde said:

sadly denial was because we had no meeting requirement, thanks for the information

Sorry to hear that. Yes that's a major one. Just try and connect with each other and then try applying again. Good luck to u

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
22 hours ago, MarkbK1 said:

Make sure to use the photo tool:

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/passports/content-page-resources/FIG_cropper.swf

then use this and then print out a standard 4x6  which will have 4 photos on it - guaranteed to their specs

https://www.idphoto4you.com/

Can there be a white boarder around her if her face fits within the measurements or does she have to fit to bottom of the picture?  The photos they sent are still too small for spec and I can't adjust without distorting everything.  So there's a white boarder all around her pic but fits in requirements.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, JohnAna05823 said:

Can there be a white boarder around her if her face fits within the measurements or does she have to fit to bottom of the picture?  The photos they sent are still too small for spec and I can't adjust without distorting everything.  So there's a white boarder all around her pic but fits in requirements.

the background has to be consistent, a border will cause issues... I agree its ridiculous to pay Walgreens or the post office a ton of $$$ for a picture but they have better tools... and really its nothing in the bigger picture. see if they can assist. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, JohnAna05823 said:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/requirements/photos.html

If you dont meet every single photo criteria above, seek help from a professional

Timeline
2 minutes ago, NateAndJessica said:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/requirements/photos.html

If you dont meet every single photo criteria above, seek help from a professional

It meets those requirements but has white at bottom of pic I use she gave me.  Walgreen's version of her original increased in size has the shoulders cut off at sides and has white on edges because smaller pic enlarged doesn't stretch to edge of pic so it looks cut off.  Is that ok?

Im going to try and have her get more pics so I can keep trying.  Told her to get further pics and I can zoom in or see if they can do US required photo.

Timeline
1 minute ago, JohnAna05823 said:

It meets those requirements but has white at bottom of pic I use she gave me.  Walgreen's version of her original increased in size has the shoulders cut off at sides and has white on edges because smaller pic enlarged doesn't stretch to edge of pic so it looks cut off.  Is that ok?

Im going to try and have her get more pics so I can keep trying.  Told her to get further pics and I can zoom in or see if they can do US required photo.

yeah. new pictures need to be taken then. I had the same issue finding Brazilian photographers that could match the requested requirements. give the metric equivalent you seek and just keep at it until its good. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, NateAndJessica said:

yeah. new pictures need to be taken then. I had the same issue finding Brazilian photographers that could match the requested requirements. give the metric equivalent you seek and just keep at it until its good. 

Ok, I'll keep trying.  Worried about one we have to take to consulate.  Need to find a place to get it right.

5 hours ago, Shayde said:

finally we got denied, for those expert on here please do we need to send off any paper work for them to finally close everything about our case after this denial?  and those that has been to NIGERIA from the USA please i want to know all what your expense, requirement was to get to Nigeria thanks!!

4 hours ago, ONEBADKATT said:

Sorry to hear of ur denial. Y were u denied? I traveled to Nigeria last year. I'm a US citizen so I had to get my passport, visa, travel shots and buy my ticket. That's it. When applying for the visa u have to state the reason for ur travel and prove that u will be properly accommodated and can support yourself while visiting. That's all😊

I visited my fiancé in Nigeria and like Onebadkatt I also had to get my travel shots, the US passport of course, and visa for Nigeria. When I applied for my visa one older lady kinda gave me a hard time she was like they didn't feel comfortable with me just going by myself. I spoke to another person and she was like I couldn't just get approved for the visa without an invite because of the issues in Nigeria didn't matter what area you were visiting. So I also had to get an Invitation Letter which I received the invite from my fiances family. We weren't engaged at that time but they invited me to travel to tour the country and they'd be responsible for me. I also had to provide my bank statement and travel itinerary. It's can be expensive but she can do it in parts that's what I did. I got my passport first, then shots, then invitation letter, and then ticket. I've been there a few times.

I don't want to speak for anyone else but that's what was required for me to travel there because the Embassy in my state said they were thinking of my safety first.

Good luck and sorry to hear about the denial.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, JohnAna05823 said:

I used http://www.epassportphoto.com/

for our passport photos.

Hello VisaJourney Family!

It's been a while since I have been on here - my I-129F was approved 48 days ago and I still have not received my NVC case number. After calling NVC multiple times, it appears that in October/November USCIS approved many I-129Fs and were "shipping the approvals in two shipments" to the NVC... Nevertheless, 30 days after our approval, the NVC said to wait two more weeks to be certain. I did, and on day 45 I still heard nothing. So, after calling the NVC again, they said that I should contact the USCIS. I called USCIS and was told that the 30-day wait period before calling the NVC had been raised to....90 days! I kindly reminded the woman on the phone that our NOA2 states we should have to wait no longer than 30 days to hear from the NVC, to which she said, "I'll let someone know that our NOAs still show 30 days.... 

I just thought I'd vent/let you all know in case there were anyone other May-filers who were wondering what the hell was going on!

Edited by dtownsend

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Guys, hoping someone can help? I've filled out the DS-160 but put does not apply for social security number  As I don't have one but I also put does not apply for alien number but I now think I do have one , it's on my Noa2. 

Ive submitted this form now and printed out confirmation page .

Will I have to redo the whole form ?

Also what is the priority date and case Id number when trying to pay MRV fee? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
8 hours ago, JohnAna05823 said:

Use this to make photos larger:

https://www.photoenlarger.com/

Google does it all :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.