Murph4865

I-129F MAY FILERS PART 2

3,606 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 1/13/2018 at 11:04 AM, alik said:

Questions for those of you already went through completing DS-160: Do you pay for the visa online, after completing the form or payment has to be sent to embassy (???) in a separate transaction? Also is there additional fee for medical examination and interview? If so, how is the payment arranged? Is this embassy specific thing?

Thanks! 

I think it's embassy specific. For Canada, when I finished the DS-160, I didn't need to pay anything. However when the embassy sent me my packet 4 with a link to schedule my interview, there was an option to pay for the fee then, it said you can pay the visa fee via credit or debit card OR bring it in US dollar cash on the day of the interview to the consulate.

Hope that helps.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, dtownsend said:

Really? Hmm... Well, I will need to give them another call and determine if that is the case. Perhaps the woman I spoke to wasn't having the greatest day. I am now on day 56 without a NVC number and getting a bit agitated! I was told and led to believe that after the I-129F it is pretty fast and smooth sailing! 

That's weird. I did call again after this and they said wait until I'm 45 days (I'm around day 39 now). I would try to call and put in an inquiry. 

Timeline

Hello Guys,

For the consulate interview, one of the requirements is the I-134, Affidavit of Support Form - Do we have to fill this form from scratch again and attach the supporting documents? Or just make a copy of the I-134, Affidavit of Support that we filled out the first time along with the fiance petition back in May?

Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 1/8/2018 at 1:45 AM, findme said:

I visited my fiancé in Nigeria and like Onebadkatt I also had to get my travel shots, the US passport of course, and visa for Nigeria. When I applied for my visa one older lady kinda gave me a hard time she was like they didn't feel comfortable with me just going by myself. I spoke to another person and she was like I couldn't just get approved for the visa without an invite because of the issues in Nigeria didn't matter what area you were visiting. So I also had to get an Invitation Letter which I received the invite from my fiances family. We weren't engaged at that time but they invited me to travel to tour the country and they'd be responsible for me. I also had to provide my bank statement and travel itinerary. It's can be expensive but she can do it in parts that's what I did. I got my passport first, then shots, then invitation letter, and then ticket. I've been there a few times.

I don't want to speak for anyone else but that's what was required for me to travel there because the Embassy in my state said they were thinking of my safety first.

Good luck and sorry to hear about the denial.

thanks it was helpful!! how much was the shots and where did you get it thanks!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 minutes ago, JohnAna05823 said:

So which case number goes on DS-160 - NVC or petition number from USCIS?

i hope its USCIS number.....cause thats what i used....i waited to fill up the ds-160 because i thought i needed the Manila case number,,,but when i got the MNL case number and filled up the ds-160 it instead seemed to ask for the petition number...so i used uscis.....i hope i did it correctly.

Edited by WanderingSouls

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, Hope91 said:

Hello Guys,

For the consulate interview, one of the requirements is the I-134, Affidavit of Support Form - Do we have to fill this form from scratch again and attach the supporting documents? Or just make a copy of the I-134, Affidavit of Support that we filled out the first time along with the fiance petition back in May?

Thanks

You did not need the I-134 with the petition. It is needed at the time of the consulate interview.

You can try to find out from the consulate (this may be already in their instructions) how fresh the financial documents need to be. If it is not too big of a burden on you, up-to-date documents would certainly look better.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, OutOfThisWorld said:

You did not need the I-134 with the petition. It is needed at the time of the consulate interview.

You can try to find out from the consulate (this may be already in their instructions) how fresh the financial documents need to be. If it is not too big of a burden on you, up-to-date documents would certainly look better.

Thank you so much.

Timeline

For the requirements of the interview, we were told to bring the below. My question is do we have to fill out both the I-134 and I-864? When I looked at both forms, they looked a bit similar.

Please bring to your interview the original and one photocopy of each of the following documents (as applicable), for each applicant:

*    Affidavit of support (I-134) (for fiancé, employment and DV visas)

*   Evidence of support (I-864, Federal individual income tax return for the most recent tax year)

1 hour ago, Hope91 said:

For the requirements of the interview, we were told to bring the below. My question is do we have to fill out both the I-134 and I-864? When I looked at both forms, they looked a bit similar.

Please bring to your interview the original and one photocopy of each of the following documents (as applicable), for each applicant:

*    Affidavit of support (I-134) (for fiancé, employment and DV visas)

*   Evidence of support (I-864, Federal individual income tax return for the most recent tax year)

I-864is for AoS. You need only I-134 for k1 interview. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, JohnAna05823 said:

So which case number goes on DS-160 - NVC or petition number from USCIS?

No need to wait for NVC number. You can fill out DS-160 any time and use the WAC#

Steven

Our petition still says "at NVC" but I'm trying to get a head start on collecting documents, and I've got a question about the Affidavit of Support. I have my tax returns for the last 3 years and they do meet the required income, but the problem is that I was working abroad for those three years and Hungary didn't exactly have W2s. They provided a similar end-of-year form, for each year, but they aren't in English. Any suggestions on what to do here? Is just the tax return enough? Thanks! 

6 minutes ago, Jake H said:

Our petition still says "at NVC" but I'm trying to get a head start on collecting documents, and I've got a question about the Affidavit of Support. I have my tax returns for the last 3 years and they do meet the required income, but the problem is that I was working abroad for those three years and Hungary didn't exactly have W2s. They provided a similar end-of-year form, for each year, but they aren't in English. Any suggestions on what to do here? Is just the tax return enough? Thanks! 

Why would you need a tax return and a W2?... I would think since W-2 is used to file a tax return the return itself should be enough 

2 minutes ago, Fariha&Safwan said:

Why would you need a tax return and a W2?... I would think since W-2 is used to file a tax return the return itself should be enough 

The service I'm using sent their canned response about what to gather, and one of the things was "

1)  2016, 2015 and 2014 tax returns with their corresponding W-2’s"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.