Murph4865

I-129F MAY FILERS PART 2

3,606 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
15 hours ago, alik said:

Is this something the beneficiary has to schedule with the embassy? 

Once you receive number from NVC you schedule your own medical and interview. 

5 minutes ago, Maria1989 said:

So I finally get a response to my case inquiry as to why I have not been approved. They say that are still waiting on. Security Checks, are you kidding me 8 months in you are waiting for Security Checks for someone with no criminal history not even a parking ticket !!!!!

This is horrible, lets see what they will response to my fiancé, maybe the same answer, OMG.

When did you place your inquiry?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
27 minutes ago, JrJonesy4 said:

🎉 noa2 case info: Filed May 17th 2017, noa2 4th November 2017, sent to nvc 20th Dec 2017. At no point did I recieve any info via online incl. App or mail. I have been at a loss, USCIS haven't helped wit my journey so far or had a clue.  I now have a case number and can start the final journey. I have only just found only today all of this info all at once 🤔🇬🇧🇺🇸

Would you mind sharing how you found this out?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
15 hours ago, alik said:

Is this something the beneficiary has to schedule with the embassy? 

Medical yes you schedule yourself with your case number. But for the interview; some embassies schedules for you, please try to check on the embassy for that (most likely you will)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
15 minutes ago, LizM said:

Wow! Congratulations! 😄 how did you finally find out?

I submitted a case enquiry we haven't moved n they have our address correct

15 minutes ago, LizM said:

Wow! Congratulations! 😄 how did you finally find out?

I submitted a case enquiry we haven't moved n they have our address correct

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
16 hours ago, alik said:

Does anyone know if medical appointment is scheduled by the embassy or petitioner/beneficiary?  Also how do we get the list for documents that one needs to have with for medical appointment?

This should help:

https://ua.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/how-to-apply/

And this, in particular:

https://ua.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/151/Med-Exam-ENG-12-27-2017.pdf

Edited by OutOfThisWorld

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Maria1989 said:

So I finally get a response to my case inquiry as to why I have not been approved. They say that are still waiting on. Security Checks, are you kidding me 8 months in you are waiting for Security Checks for someone with no criminal history not even a parking ticket !!!!!

when exactly did you submit the inquiry?

Timeline

Hello,

Filed on 24th May 2017. Received date for interview today (it was posted 20th December and sent to our old address - we moved on 16th Dec and I notified them of the move on 17th Dec and they responded to say they would reply by 29th Dec (they never have). Luckily we have auto-forwarding so it came today. Interview is on Jan 25th at Baltimore, as that's the field office who has been dealing with the application. Very excited now, almost there!

Good luck to anyone else yet to hear. I'm sure it's just down to local processing times.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Adam D said:

Hello,

Filed on 24th May 2017. Received date for interview today (it was posted 20th December and sent to our old address - we moved on 16th Dec and I notified them of the move on 17th Dec and they responded to say they would reply by 29th Dec (they never have). Luckily we have auto-forwarding so it came today. Interview is on Jan 25th at Baltimore, as that's the field office who has been dealing with the application. Very excited now, almost there!

Good luck to anyone else yet to hear. I'm sure it's just down to local processing times.

Hi, how is the interview scheduled in Baltimore for the fiance visa? Is it not in the country of the beneficiary? :) P.S that's the city I will be moving to

Timeline
Just now, Hope91 said:

Hi, how is the interview scheduled in Baltimore for the fiance visa? Is it not in the country of the beneficiary? :) P.S that's the city I will be moving to

Ah, sorry for the confusion, it's for the I-485, Adjustment of Status to Green Card. My consulate interview was in London in order to get approved for the K1. 

Baltimore's field office does appear to be one of the slower ones, but hang on in there! We've taken 8 months from application to interview. 

11 minutes ago, Maria1989 said:

December 26 😩

Hey sis I read what you wrote about it taking so long due to security background checks. I'm so sorry to hear this. In the inquiry did it say when you would get a decision or how much longer it would take? Also, did they respond back to your inquiry via email or you got a letter in the mail?

Not trying to make you feel worse but because your fiance is coming from Senegal which any country in Africa is a very high risk, the background checks are more scrutinized. But if you're still waiting for this reason then I gotta be waiting for the same reason at this point. I still haven't heard anything back from them yet regarding my inquiry.

This is so unreal!!

Edited by Trinab80

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Well I just checked to see the status of my inquiry on USCIS site and it just got updated with today's date saying it has been assigned to an officer for response AGAIN (it said that on 12/27). I guess that means I'll be getting an email shortly and something tells me that it's gonna say the same BS that @Maria1989 just said.

I don't see this bringing me any closer to a NOA2 or RFE. So I guess I'll be contacting the Ombudsmen next after I get this response!!

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.