Murph4865

I-129F MAY FILERS PART 2

3,606 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Jules_N said:

Hi all,

Just a quick update: I waited a little over 6 weeks for my case to arrive at the NVC. Once it did arrive, everything else happened pretty quickly. 

October 26th - NOA2

December 15th - Arrived at NVC

December 17th - Email with consulate number arrived

December 20th - CEAC status changed from IN TRANSIT to READY

Not sure why it took over 6 weeks for our file to reach the NVC (I thought 6 weeks would be the maximum, but I guess this process has taken the longest for a lot of us).

Sent DS-160, passport and Packet 3 checklist today. Now, I shall wait for Packet 4. Fingers crossed!!!

Good luck all <3

It took so long because USCIS started sending approved petitions to NVC only last week. They kept them for more than a month...Congratulations though!

K-1 Visa process

05/02/2017: Received Date
05/04/2017: NOA1 
10/24/2017: Request for Additional Evidence
10/28/2017: Request for Additional Evidence hard copy in mail
11/03/2017: Sent RFE response
11/15/2017: USCIS received reply

12/05/2017: NOA2
12/07/2017: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/17/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
01/19/2018: Case Number Received
01/25/2018: Embassy Received. 
01/27/2018: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
02/15/2018: Medical
02/22/2018: Interview 
02/22/2018: APPROVED!

03/01/2018: Visa in Hand
03/05/2018: POE Airport
04/18/2018: Married! 

AOS process

05/21/2018 AOS Package Mailed

05/21/2018 Package delivered

06/06/2018 Email and Text notifications received (This is the date on NOA1 too)

06/11/2018 NOA1 in Mail

10/05/2018 EAD/AP received

08/12/2019 Interview scheduled

09/16/2019 Interview date

09/17/2019 Card was sent for production (Approved)

09/19/2019 Card was mailed

09/23/2019 Green card on hand :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Jules_N said:

I've heard that too! I've also been told that if the "case last updated" date changes and I haven't received packet 4 yet, then I should trying sending packet 3 again!

Fingers crossed you get your case number super fast!!  I also received an email stating that our request for it to be expedited had been approved, though we never asked for it to be expedited. Though, looking at some other May Canadian filers, they received the same email too. Maybe that's why it moved so fast from NVC to Montreal.

When did you received your NOA2?

Yesss. Wow that's amazing. Keep us updated please. 

My NOA2 online was recieved Oct 27, but the one on the actual paper says Oct 26. So around when you got it. :)

Timeline
8 minutes ago, kannan said:

do you have to wait to submit ds-160 till the case reaches consulate? also, is packet 3 something beneficiary sends to consulate?

The email that the NVC sent us with our Montreal Consulate case number said for me to complete the DS-160. So I think as soon as you have your case number you can complete it. I completed mine while my status still said "In Transit".

And yes, packet 3 checklist is sent by the beneficiary since they are the one signing it and it is their passport and DS-160 that is accompanying it. You don't actually hard copies to the embassy, you just checkmark that you have all those things available and then you bring them with you to the interview. The only things you send back with Packet 3 are the DS-160 confirmation page and a color copy of the bio page of your passport.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, HuckleberryFinn said:

Packet 3 is sent by the embassy to the beneficiary, then they need to send some things back to the embassy (affidavit, birth certificate, etc - a list will be provided), and then the embassy will send packet 4 with instructions on scheduling your stuff  or at least that's my understanding.

Also in my understanding, I've read you can submit your DS-160 whenever you want, and that it's good for up to a year (again, not sure if this is true), but I was told here to wait until I get packet 3 from embassy, so I am doing that just in case.

I dont know about Spain, but in some countries the beneficiary sends the packet 3 requirements without waiting for it from the embassy. Because sometimes it does not come at all or comes weeks after! Look into that again.

Edited by Hope91
mistake

Timeline
1 minute ago, Meech said:

It took so long because USCIS started sending approved petitions to NVC only last week. They kept them for more than a month...Congratulations though!

Wow! They did tell me on the phone that they just got a huge shipment in when I reached the 6 week mark and to expect 1 - 2 weeks before they went through them all.

I was just going by all the old info from people that filed a few months before us. Some of there files were received in 10 days to 2 weeks!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jules_N said:

The email that the NVC sent us with our Montreal Consulate case number said for me to complete the DS-160. So I think as soon as you have your case number you can complete it. I completed mine while my status still said "In Transit".

And yes, packet 3 checklist is sent by the beneficiary since they are the one signing it and it is their passport and DS-160 that is accompanying it. You don't actually hard copies to the embassy, you just checkmark that you have all those things available and then you bring them with you to the interview. The only things you send back with Packet 3 are the DS-160 confirmation page and a color copy of the bio page of your passport.

Did you print the confirmation page of the DS-160 and scan it or it has an option to attach it to an email?

Timeline
Just now, Hope91 said:

Did you print the confirmation page of the DS-160 and scan it or it has an option to attach it to an email?

There was an option for them to email the confirmation page to you, so I did that, then I just dowloaded it and attached it to the email I sent the consulate.

You can also save as a .PDF when you're finished or print and scan it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jules_N said:

Wow! They did tell me on the phone that they just got a huge shipment in when I reached the 6 week mark and to expect 1 - 2 weeks before they went through them all.

I was just going by all the old info from people that filed a few months before us. Some of there files were received in 10 days to 2 weeks!

Yep, I wonder what changed and what made them decide to hold on to approved petitions for more than a month...And I also wonder if te timeline will keep getting worse or if it'll be better :/ It's just really upsetting having to wait 7 months for NOA2 only to be met with 2 months of waiting for NVC...

K-1 Visa process

05/02/2017: Received Date
05/04/2017: NOA1 
10/24/2017: Request for Additional Evidence
10/28/2017: Request for Additional Evidence hard copy in mail
11/03/2017: Sent RFE response
11/15/2017: USCIS received reply

12/05/2017: NOA2
12/07/2017: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/17/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
01/19/2018: Case Number Received
01/25/2018: Embassy Received. 
01/27/2018: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
02/15/2018: Medical
02/22/2018: Interview 
02/22/2018: APPROVED!

03/01/2018: Visa in Hand
03/05/2018: POE Airport
04/18/2018: Married! 

AOS process

05/21/2018 AOS Package Mailed

05/21/2018 Package delivered

06/06/2018 Email and Text notifications received (This is the date on NOA1 too)

06/11/2018 NOA1 in Mail

10/05/2018 EAD/AP received

08/12/2019 Interview scheduled

09/16/2019 Interview date

09/17/2019 Card was sent for production (Approved)

09/19/2019 Card was mailed

09/23/2019 Green card on hand :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Jules_N said:

Oh wow! It's completely different at my embassy! We need to send a shitton of stuff to them before we get packet 4 and before we can schedule anything!

Timeline
Just now, Meech said:

Yep, I wonder what changed and what made them decide to hold on to approved petitions for more than a month...And I also wonder if te timeline will keep getting worse or if it'll be better :/ It's just really upsetting having to wait 7 months for NOA2 only to be met with 2 months of waiting for NVC...

:( I complete agree ! My fiance and I both felt more discouraged during the NVC wait then the NOA2 because we had already waited SO long and then weren't expecting it to take another 2 months from there. In fact, at the 6 week mark, the people at NVC said they were surprised our file hadn't arrived and that they might have lost our file. They asked us to send a scan of it to them. Then, when we called, they told us they had no record of our NOA2 anywhere. We were in panic mode.

So glad that it's finally arrived in Montreal, but I will not feel at ease until we book the interview!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, HuckleberryFinn said:

Oh wow! It's completely different at my embassy! We need to send a shitton of stuff to them before we get packet 4 and before we can schedule anything!

Ah, I didn't realize it was embassy specific! If you google "Packet 3 K1" + your country (I googled Packet 3 K1 Canada) a specific one for that country should come up.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Jules_N said:

Thanks for the clarification. I am relieved that it is only checklist. Can you schedule medical and visa interview after it reaches consulate (say in 20 to 30 days) or wait till you send packet 3 checklist or packet 4?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.