user12

Entry with passport from different countries

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
20 hours ago, user12 said:

Thanks, this was what I thought also but because of the current problems in Venezuela it is almost impossible for them to get new passports. and the us is certainly aware of that. I was hoping to give him better news.

His visa is valid until 2024.

Hello! Venezuelan here, a new passport from Panama would be issued only if he become a citizen of Panama, which requires a lot of paperwork (birth certificate and almost sure the home country passport has to be valid too, it depends of the country) also he needs to have x amount of years living at the country of the citizenship he wants to acquire under legal residency, some visas like student ones doesn't not grant the conditions to become a citizen.

So, it would be best for him to wait a little longer for the Venezuelan passport (I feel his pain)... At least here in Mexico the new system looks like just started to work... if he wants to go that way, he needs to cancel his original renewal request (for a new passport) and submit a new one for the 2 years time extension.

If his new passport arrives (hopefully soon) then he can use the current US visa, he just needs to show both passports and that's it.

NOA 1 *NEW* USCIS website: March 01, 2018

RFE USCIS website: September 26, 2018

RFE Hard copy: October 01, 2018

RFE Response Sent:  October 10, 2018

RFE Received by USCIS:  October 16, 2018

NOA2!!!!! *NEW* USCIS website: November 2, 2018

NVC Received: November 14, 2018

NVC Case Number: November 29, 2018

NVC In Transit: December 11, 2018

NVC Ready: December 13, 2018

Medical: February 18, 2019

CAS (Biometrics): February 19, 2019

Interview: February 20, 2019 - APPROVED!

CEAC Issued: Februery 27, 2019

VOH: March 12, 2019

POE: March 23, 2019

Marriage: May 10, 2019

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, Jose Michelena said:

Your friend have to wait to renew his passport in the Venezuelan embassy in Panama, because that passport extention was only a news more than a fact.

No one has been able to renew his passport yet base on that extention.

Im a permanent resident in Panama too and he can not get a Panamanian passport until he get the citizenship. 

Good luck...

He did renew, and was told he must wait at least a year to receive it. but he needs to travel and wont be allowed back in panama if he leaves with an expired passport

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, dany_ccs said:

So, it would be best for him to wait a little longer for the Venezuelan passport (I feel his pain)... At least here in Mexico the new system looks like just started to work... if he wants to go that way, he needs to cancel his original renewal request (for a new passport) and submit a new one for the 2 years time extension.

so you used the extension process? if so where did you do it?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
1 minute ago, user12 said:

He did renew, and was told he must wait at least a year to receive it. but he needs to travel and wont be allowed back in panama if he leaves with an expired passport

With an expired passport he can travel only to Venezuela.

He must wait and renew his passport in the Venezuelan embassy in Panama. He has to wait.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 minutes ago, user12 said:

so you used the extension process? if so where did you do it?

I haven't because my passport expires in March 2019. I was looking an alternative option to the renewal so I was thinking about the mexican passport (that's how I found out that I need my passport valid if I want to go for the mexican citizenship, and if so I would need to do it before 2019, I also need to have 2 years of legal residency and would be in another year from now).

I know people trying to get the extension to the venezuelan passport from Mexico, they all are at the payment part of the process but I think none of them have it issued already.

The thing is, if he wants to go to the extension he needs to cancel the request for the new passport he already did... I would wait a little longer before evaluating this extension option. At least unless the process is fully working, give it a couple of months.

NOA 1 *NEW* USCIS website: March 01, 2018

RFE USCIS website: September 26, 2018

RFE Hard copy: October 01, 2018

RFE Response Sent:  October 10, 2018

RFE Received by USCIS:  October 16, 2018

NOA2!!!!! *NEW* USCIS website: November 2, 2018

NVC Received: November 14, 2018

NVC Case Number: November 29, 2018

NVC In Transit: December 11, 2018

NVC Ready: December 13, 2018

Medical: February 18, 2019

CAS (Biometrics): February 19, 2019

Interview: February 20, 2019 - APPROVED!

CEAC Issued: Februery 27, 2019

VOH: March 12, 2019

POE: March 23, 2019

Marriage: May 10, 2019

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
22 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Not necessarily true.  I’ve travelled with visas in expired passports.  If the visa hasn’t expired you can use it.

agree. I got a valid B1/B2 US visa on my expired Philippine passport. I was able to use it along with a new passport. I just simply show them both

1. the new passport 2. the old passport (expired) where the valid VISA is attached. 

Never had issues. 

Previous U.S. Visa/Trips
03-10-2014 : B1 issued date
03-24-2015 : B1/B2 issued date
02-26-2016 : Visited my aunt in Corpus Christi
02-27-2016 : Meet Ryan and he asked me out 
03-30-2016 : He proposed before I left U.S.
04-01-2016 : I left U.S. I wish I had enough days to marry him.
But, I have a very important business meeting to physically attend in Cebu on 04/04. I also have a business trip due in Japan for May 2016. 
Circumstances lead me to K-1. 
K1 - Journey
Spoiler

04-22-2016 : Sent I-129F Packet
07-20-2016 : Received NOA2
08-01-2016 : NVC Case # assigned
08-25-2016 : Interview Date and APPROVED!!! 
09-03-2016 : VOH
AOS - Journey
Spoiler

12-14-2016 : POE

12-30-2016 : Wedding Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
01-20-2017 : Sent I-485, I-765, I-131 Packet
01-24-2017 : NOA1 Received Date
02-03-2017 : Received NOA1 Hard Copy
02-04-2017 : Received Biometrics Appointment Scheduled on 02/17
02-08-2017 : Completed Biometrics
04-22-2017 : EAD Update - Card in Production
04-27-2017 : Received EAD & AP Approval Notice
05-01-2017 : Received EAD & AP Combo Card
05-01-2017 : Received EAD & AP Combo Card
11-17-2017 : I-485 Approved Date
11-25-2017 : I-485 Approved Notice Received
11-27-2017 : GC Received at the mailbox. No text/email notification. USCIS Case Status is still at "Fingerprint Fee Received" 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.