JJBUI3

December AOS 2017

323 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Senegal
Timeline

hello guys, hope everyone is doing well, i just got a response yesterday from my congressman. Does anybody know or have the same experience in the past ? and how long does this "will be adjudicated as soon as possible mean ? thank you and good luck 

Thank you for your inquiry regarding this constituent’s immigration matter.  The I-765 and I-131 cases will be routed for expedited processing.  Once these cases are reviewed, your constituent will receive a decision or notice of further action.  Due to the extremely high volume of expedite requests for this case type, there are numerous cases involving exigent or humanitarian issues already in the expedite queue, and we are unable to provide a specific timeframe for the expedited review.  The strict enforcement of the expedite criteria means that all cases sent for expeditious handling are urgent, and we assure you that this case will be adjudicated as soon as possible.

Our review indicates that the I-485 case is within USCIS's current processing time. Processing time information can be found on our website on the USCIS Processing Time Information page.  For employment-based or family-based Forms I-485, Forms N-400, or Forms N-600, please check processing times for the local field office.  Once further action is taken, a notice will be sent to the address of record.

We hope the information provided is helpful.  If we may be of assistance in the future, please let us know.

Thank you,

Congressional Liaison

U.S. Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

National Benefits Center

Lee’s Summit, MO

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
On 1/12/2018 at 8:29 PM, TM92 said:

December 6, USCIS (Chicago Lockbox) received my AOS, EAD, AP, and petitioner's I-130. Everything assigned to National Benefits Center (NBC)

December 8, Date of Notices of Action (Receipt)

December 26, Went to Biometrics (Early Walk-in)

January 5, Date of Request for Initial Evidence (I-485)

The RFE listed 2 items: evidence of lawful admission or parole into the US and SSA earnings statement showing 40 quarters of work history. I resent what I originally sent for the 2 items.

January 17, USCIS (NBC) received my RFIE response

April 26, Senator's office contacted USCIS to inquire about EAD/AP status

May 7, Senator's office forwarded to me message they received from USCIS

May 7, 2018

Dear Mr. ***,

I am forwarding on to you the response I have received from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services about your case.

Thank you for your inquiry regarding this constituent’s immigration matter. This case is currently within our normal processing times. Our records indicate that we received a response to a request for evidence for the underlying I-485 application on 01/17/2018. Pursuant to 8 CFR § 103.2(b)(10), if USCIS issues a request for initial evidence on either the Form I-765 application or the principal Form I-485 application, the processing timeframes start over from the date of receipt of the initial evidence.

I hope that this response is helpful and that the information outlined in it will clarify the situation for you. If you have further questions, or if there is any way my office can help you in the future, I hope you will contact me again.

Sincerely,

Kamala D. Harris

United States Senator

Based on VJ's EAD estimates (as of today): May 31, 2018 to June 18, 2018

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Got my EAD Card today. Thank God. Still waiting for the SSN card. Don’t know if it’ll still come or I need to go get it myself. 

AOS from B2

05/25/2021 GC 10 years

02/26/2024 N - 400

Filed: IR-5 Country: El Salvador
Timeline

PD: Dec 19 2017 (I-485,I-130, I-131, I-765), C09 from NOVA,
Biometrics: 1/21/18
Case-ready for interview: 5/10/18
EAD card is being produced. 5/14/18

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 5/7/2018 at 7:39 PM, TM92 said:

December 6, USCIS (Chicago Lockbox) received my AOS, EAD, AP, and petitioner's I-130. Everything assigned to National Benefits Center (NBC)

December 8, Date of Notices of Action (Receipt)

December 26, Went to Biometrics (Early Walk-in)

January 5, Date of Request for Initial Evidence (I-485)

January 17, USCIS (NBC) received my RFIE response

June 5, Date of Notices of Action (Approval of EAD and AP)

June 13, I received the EAD/AP combo card

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 1/10/2018 at 4:57 PM, Marzena & Stephen said:

I got my drivers license today!:jest:

(Illinois)

However .....it does expire on the i94 date unfortnately which for me is feb 17 2018, next month.

Between that and the date of when I get a work permit I cannot drive.

It's super silly if you ask me.

@Marzena & Stephen I see your EAD was received on 2018-04-19. Did you have to repay the Illinois drivers license fee when you reapplied based on the new EAD? Because here in California it's like this:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
39 minutes ago, TM92 said:

@Marzena & Stephen I see your EAD was received on 2018-04-19. Did you have to repay the Illinois drivers license fee when you reapplied based on the new EAD? Because here in California it's like this:

Yes i had to pay again but i didnt have to drive or write an exam (just retake of my photo and eye exam) 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

Yes i had to pay again but i didnt have to drive or write an exam (just retake of my photo and eye exam) 

I forgot to ask: does the new license expiration date match the EAD expiration date?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.