JJBUI3

December AOS 2017

323 posts in this topic

Hi guys , congratulations to everyone that got their EAD or green card approved. Here is my Timeline; 

December 15: received by USCIS

December 26 : NOA received by mail

January 12 : received biometrics appointment 

January 26 : biometrics done

January 26 : Rfe received by mail for i130a form

January 31 : RFe response sent (overnight shipping Usps)

February 5 : rfe recieved updated on the website

March 7 : “request for applicant to appear for interview received by mail” for April 5th 

Had my interview which lasted 15minutes everything went well. Had my attorney with me,the interview officer asked me questions on my i 485 form and how we met. she asked my husband where I lived when we met, she also asked him where we got married. Then she proceeded to the yes/no questions. She asked if we had a joint account, lease, utility bills which my attorney already stacked up all the document we had and made copies for her, he also made copies of most pictures on our album so wasn't worried when she didn’t look at the album we came with,she asked my husband for his tax return, he told her he hasn’t filed his tax. I told her we moved so she updated the new address for us then she told us our case will be reviewed and we would get a decision in the mail in 4 weeks, she made a copy of my husbands ID card. I felt really bad but My attorney said we did good.

My i485 status online shows that case is being reviewed Haven’t heard anything since but yesterday my EAD updated yesterday to “new card is being produced” 

At least I can use that until I get a decision in the mail. Hope this helps😊.

On 4/19/2018 at 12:31 PM, Shygirl09 said:

Hi guys , congratulations to everyone that got their EAD or green card approved. Here is my Timeline; 

December 15: received by USCIS

December 26 : NOA received by mail

January 12 : received biometrics appointment 

January 26 : biometrics done

January 26 : Rfe received by mail for i130a form

January 31 : RFe response sent (overnight shipping Usps)

February 5 : rfe recieved updated on the website

March 7 : “request for applicant to appear for interview received by mail” for April 5th 

Had my interview which lasted 15minutes everything went well. Had my attorney with me,the interview officer asked me questions on my i 485 form and how we met. she asked my husband where I lived when we met, she also asked him where we got married. Then she proceeded to the yes/no questions. She asked if we had a joint account, lease, utility bills which my attorney already stacked up all the document we had and made copies for her, he also made copies of most pictures on our album so wasn't worried when she didn’t look at the album we came with,she asked my husband for his tax return, he told her he hasn’t filed his tax. I told her we moved so she updated the new address for us then she told us our case will be reviewed and we would get a decision in the mail in 4 weeks, she made a copy of my husbands ID card. I felt really bad but My attorney said we did good.

My i485 status online shows that case is being reviewed Haven’t heard anything since but yesterday my EAD updated yesterday to “new card is being produced” 

At least I can use that until I get a decision in the mail. Hope this helps😊.

All best wishes @shygirl09, hope you'll get approval soon enough

Mine PD is 12/11, we got the same bios' date, but still nothing  :-(

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My wife's EAD arrived in the mail today!

Now we are looking into filing for advanced parole. At the time of filing for her green card we didn't realize processing time was so slow and so did not include it. Has anyone filed for AP when you don't have a specific trip planned? I'd like her to get it so that we have an option of visiting China when we want to, but also I think she should have it just in case a family emergency comes up back home.

As an aside FYI, I stumbled across an audit report where OIG looked into green card processing times and how the time frame is reported on the website. If you Google "OIG-18-58" it should come up. This is what resulted in the recent change of the processing time page format into something a little more accurate. Elsewhere I have read that the the new reported time ranges are based on when 50% of cases are completed and when 93% of cases are completed. So for Atlanta 50% are completed within 11 months and 93% within 29 months, but it sounds like this can be skewed by RFE and how long applicants take to reply.

(I'm a citizen who petitioned AOS for my wife to go from student visa to green card)

12/13/2017 - Mailed I-130, I-485, I-693, I-864 and I-765 to Chicago

12/16/2017 - USPS confirms delivery

12/21/2017 - Received email confirmation, checks are cashed. Receipts in the mail shortly after.

1/11/2018 - Received Biometrics appointment notification for I-485 and I-765

1/22/2018 - Biometrics appointment complete

1/22/2018 - Received notification in the mail that our I-693 is the incorrect version, bring update to interview.

1/29/2018 - I-485 changes to "We are scheduling your interview" but only on my.uscis.gov not egov.uscis.gov

4/13/2018 - I-765 updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

4/21/2018 - I-765 Received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
On 4/21/2018 at 11:49 AM, MrPotatoHead said:

Now we are looking into filing for advanced parole. At the time of filing for her green card we didn't realize processing time was so slow and so did not include it. Has anyone filed for AP when you don't have a specific trip planned? I'd like her to get it so that we have an option of visiting China when we want to, but also I think she should have it just in case a family emergency comes up back home.

@Marzena & Stephen from the Dec. 2017 AOS from K1 thread are in a similar Advance Parole situation. As shown on their AP timeline, they filed for AP on Mar. 30, 2018.

On 4/21/2018 at 11:49 AM, MrPotatoHead said:

My wife's EAD arrived in the mail today!

Could you update your EAD timeline with the Approved and Card Received dates?

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
44 minutes ago, TM92 said:

@Marzena & Stephen from the Dec. 2017 AOS from K1 thread are in a similar Advance Parole situation. As shown on their AP timeline, they filed for AP on Mar. 30

Yes I did 

You dont need a specific trip planned... although sadly you still have to wait for the ap to come probably the same time amount it takes to get the ead ...since you didnt file them together. I got my ead without my AP. I'm assuming the AP will come in 3 to 5 months. I did the exact same thing I thought I'd have a green card this year and didnt file ..but I also thought you had to have a specific trip..not at all. File asap!!! And especially since it's free still (as long as your aos is pending its free) send a copy of your i797c for aos with your application (there is not biometrics for the ap)

@MrPotatoHead

Also i never understood that 50% and 93% thing how do 93 % get approved after 50% already were strange.. 

Edited by Marzena & Stephen

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I GOT 2 MESSAGES SAYING ACTION HAS BEEN TAKING ON MY CASE. CASE APPROVED, CARD PRODUCED AND MAILED FOR AP AND EAD.

AOS from B2

05/25/2021 GC 10 years

02/26/2024 N - 400

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 25/01/2018 at 3:53 PM, yeahbuddy said:

Dec 16 2017: Sent

Dec 18 2017: Received by USCIS

Dec 26 2017: NOA1 received in the mail

Jan 12 2018: Biometrics appointment letter received

Jan 25 2018: Biometrics appointment completed

April 25 2018: EAD update: 'we are producing your card and will mail it to you'

Received the alert at 5:20 this morning. Is this too early to crack out the wine?! Now let's see if they mail it to my new address or to the old one. 

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
10 hours ago, yeahbuddy said:

April 25 2018: EAD update: 'we are producing your card and will mail it to you'

Received the alert at 5:20 this morning. Is this too early to crack out the wine?! Now let's see if they mail it to my new address or to the old one. 

and an hour ago got the email alerts saying EAD and AP both approved. Such a relief.

seems December filers are getting updates on their cards. I got an update on mine April 20th: Card was produced.. it's 26th today and my status hasn't changed yet to "Card was mailed" .. hopefully i get it before the end of the month..

Timeline
2 minutes ago, AOS JOURNEY said:

seems December filers are getting updates on their cards. I got an update on mine April 20th: Card was produced.. it's 26th today and my status hasn't changed yet to "Card was mailed" .. hopefully i get it before the end of the month..

it should get to you by tomorrow or saturday or latest monday. it usually takes seven days from card was produced.

AOS from B2

05/25/2021 GC 10 years

02/26/2024 N - 400

1 minute ago, Rmsean said:

it should get to you by tomorrow or saturday or latest monday. it usually takes seven days from card was produced.

yeah that's my hope.. thanks

Timeline
9 minutes ago, AOS JOURNEY said:

yeah that's my hope.. thanks

please mention it if it does come. lets see if the trend continues.

AOS from B2

05/25/2021 GC 10 years

02/26/2024 N - 400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.