JJBUI3

December AOS 2017

323 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 hours ago, skaratso said:

Had our Green Card interview today (Cleveland field office). Went very well. My wife has been recommended for approval.

Still no word on EAD or AP, but those are now redundant now that we know the Green Card will be here soon.

congratulations

AOS from B2

05/25/2021 GC 10 years

02/26/2024 N - 400

12 hours ago, skaratso said:

Had our Green Card interview today (Cleveland field office). Went very well. My wife has been recommended for approval.

Still no word on EAD or AP, but those are now redundant now that we know the Green Card will be here soon.

Congrats, what question were you asked? And what document did you take with you? Were you separated? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Shygirl09 said:

Congrats, what question were you asked? And what document did you take with you? Were you separated? 

I just posted a review of our experience on our timeline, but I will include it here as well.

We had our Green Card interview on 3/15/18. We arrived at the federal building (Our field office is the Cleveland, Ohio one) about 45 minutes early and parked at one of the numerous parking garages in the vicinity (The one we used was for the Galleria at Erieview, which is almost right across the street). The interview notice said to bring any original documents that we submitted copies of with the application and also any evidence of a bona fide marriage. So we brought some documentation of joint bank accounts, statements that my wife is on my health insurance and named as beneficiary of my retirement accounts, some pictures of the two of us together since we were married, and some mail we've received showing we live at the same address.

There was an airport-style security line we needed to pass through (have your ID ready to show the guards), and then we headed up to the 5th floor USCIS office. There were three cubicles, two of which were occupied with people checking in, and one which was unoccupied but with a tray on the desk. We were instructed to put the Interview Notice in the tray on that unoccupied desk and wait to be called on. There were several rows of chairs in front of a door and there were probably 20 or so people there when we arrived.

After about an hour we were called to one of the occupied cubicles and my wife was photographed and fingerprinted to confirm her identity, then we were directed to go back and sit in the waiting area. About 30 minutes later a women opened the door and invited us both back into her office.

She introduced herself and there was another officer present in the room who we were told would be observing us (presumably being trained). We were informed the interview was being recorded and then we were sworn in. The officer first asked to see my wife's passport and my driver's license. Then she went over my wife's AOS application, section by section, verifying all the information, including her name, date of birth, and our address. She asked if my wife knew my date of birth and my full name. When my wife just gave my first and last name, the officer asked, "And does he have a middle name?" which prompted my wife to give my middle name. She went through about 20 of the questions ("do you intend to engage in illegal activities, are you a terrorist, etc). She asked if my wife was working and she was told no. "Didn't you file for EAD?" Yes, but we haven't gotten the card yet. 

After going through the application she looked at my wife's original birth certificate and gave it back. She did not ask for mine (though I brought it like the notice said to). She asked us to tell her how we met and wanted to know the name of the website we met on. She wanted to know when we first met in person and wanted to know why there was such a long gap between when we met online and when we met in person. She asked who travelled where first when we first met. We told her that we have met in person several times prior to filing the K1 and had taken trips together). She asked when I went to meet her in person, what day we started dating and when I proposed to my wife. She was surprised my wife knew the exact dates of all of those.

She asked if my wife was on my insurance and where I worked. She asked if we were intermingling our finances. We told her we are in the process of buying a house together. She did not ask to see any of the evidence we brought.

She looked though her computer for some items ("They didn't send the originals of your medical exam here. I see you passed it but my supervisor might want to see the originals. If that's the case it will take us an additional 2 weeks to get it here.") She told my wife she was "recommending the application be approved" and told us that when her supervisor signed off on it we'd get the Green Card in about a month. Then she congratulated us and led us back to the waiting area and we left the building.

Today (the day after the interview) our case status online changed to "Your card is being produced and will be mailed to you" so obviously her supervisor approved it without needing to see the original medical exam.

Edited by skaratso

Timeline
23 minutes ago, skaratso said:

I just posted a review of our experience on our timeline, but I will include it here as well.

We had our Green Card interview on 3/15/18. We arrived at the federal building (Our field office is the Cleveland, Ohio one) about 45 minutes early and parked at one of the numerous parking garages in the vicinity (The one we used was for the Galleria at Erieview, which is almost right across the street). The interview notice said to bring any original documents that we submitted copies of with the application and also any evidence of a bona fide marriage. So we brought some documentation of joint bank accounts, statements that my wife is on my health insurance and named as beneficiary of my retirement accounts, some pictures of the two of us together since we were married, and some mail we've received showing we live at the same address.

There was an airport-style security line we needed to pass through (have your ID ready to show the guards), and then we headed up to the 5th floor USCIS office. There were three cubicles, two of which were occupied with people checking in, and one which was unoccupied but with a tray on the desk. We were instructed to put the Interview Notice in the tray on that unoccupied desk and wait to be called on. There were several rows of chairs in front of a door and there were probably 20 or so people there when we arrived.

After about an hour we were called to one of the occupied cubicles and my wife was photographed and fingerprinted to confirm her identity, then we were directed to go back and sit in the waiting area. About 30 minutes later a women opened the door and invited us both back into her office.

She introduced herself and there was another officer present in the room who we were told would be observing us (presumably being trained). We were informed the interview was being recorded and then we were sworn in. The officer first asked to see my wife's passport and my driver's license. Then she went over my wife's AOS application, section by section, verifying all the information, including her name, date of birth, and our address. She asked if my wife knew my date of birth and my full name. When my wife just gave my first and last name, the officer asked, "And does he have a middle name?" which prompted my wife to give my middle name. She went through about 20 of the questions ("do you intend to engage in illegal activities, are you a terrorist, etc). She asked if my wife was working and she was told no. "Didn't you file for EAD?" Yes, but we haven't gotten the card yet. 

After going through the application she looked at my wife's original birth certificate and gave it back. She did not ask for mine (though I brought it like the notice said to). She asked us to tell her how we met and wanted to know the name of the website we met on. She wanted to know when we first met in person and wanted to know why there was such a long gap between when we met online and when we met in person. She asked who travelled where first when we first met. We told her that we have met in person several times prior to filing the K1 and had taken trips together). She asked when I went to meet her in person, what day we started dating and when I proposed to my wife. She was surprised my wife knew the exact dates of all of those.

She asked if my wife was on my insurance and where I worked. She asked if we were intermingling our finances. We told her we are in the process of buying a house together. She did not ask to see any of the evidence we brought.

She looked though her computer for some items ("They didn't send the originals of your medical exam here. I see you passed it but my supervisor might want to see the originals. If that's the case it will take us an additional 2 weeks to get it here.") She told my wife she was "recommending the application be approved" and told us that when her supervisor signed off on it we'd get the Green Card in about a month. Then she congratulated us and led us back to the waiting area and we left the building.

Today (the day after the interview) our case status online changed to "Your card is being produced and will be mailed to you" so obviously her supervisor approved it without needing to see the original medical exam.

congratulations

AOS from B2

05/25/2021 GC 10 years

02/26/2024 N - 400

2 hours ago, skaratso said:

Thanks for sharing your experience . Congratulations 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Today my ead is approved, online status still shows received, I learnt it from Tier 2 Officer. Finally!

Removal of Conditions

02/06/2021: Filed and package sent

02/10/2021: Received by USCIS

03/18/2021: NOA 1

07/01/2021: Biometrics waived

09/27/2011: Case approved, no interview (K1 visa)

Service Center: WAC

5 hours ago, skaratso said:

Thanks for sharing

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Dave & Vivi said:

Congrats...did you SR online or by phone? when was it? if you could share, thanks!

Thank you!! I've made a request to expedite on February 8th, but it is not expedited because they said it is already being reviewed by an officer, there is no more way of being expedited. Then, on 75th day, I made an SR online. Then, on March 5th, when I told my story, Tier 2 officer made the second request to expedite, but the day after they responded to my congressman the same way. On March 8th, I did another SR online. After 102 days, it is approved.

Removal of Conditions

02/06/2021: Filed and package sent

02/10/2021: Received by USCIS

03/18/2021: NOA 1

07/01/2021: Biometrics waived

09/27/2011: Case approved, no interview (K1 visa)

Service Center: WAC

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 3/15/2018 at 10:56 AM, AOS JOURNEY said:

Today makes it 90 days since i submitted my EAD and i485 forms and still nothing from USCIS. No work permit, no RFE, I did biometrics 2 months ago and never heard anything from them since then. Probably i'll place in a service request on the 100th day. Anyone in the same position as i am?? Any December filer without any form of RFE heard from USCIS yet??

Same. Our receipt date is December 6th for both EAD and AP. We had biometrics back in December. Today we called USCIS and asked for a status update. The rep said that it is "outside normal processing times" and submitted a service request.

1 hour ago, Gravlax said:

Thank you!! I've made a request to expedite on February 8th, but it is not expedited because they said it is already being reviewed by an officer, there is no more way of being expedited. Then, on 75th day, I made an SR online. Then, on March 5th, when I told my story, Tier 2 officer made the second request to expedite, but the day after they responded to my congressman the same way. On March 8th, I did another SR online. After 102 days, it is approved.

Noted, thank you @Gravlax

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 3/17/2018 at 8:30 AM, TexasHeartsIndia said:

Same. Our receipt date is December 6th for both EAD and AP. We had biometrics back in December. Today we called USCIS and asked for a status update. The rep said that it is "outside normal processing times" and submitted a service request.

Why the rep said it’s outside normal processing times? Is it bcos you’re more than 75days pending on ead?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 3/18/2018 at 3:42 AM, cherryblossoms916 said:

Why the rep said it’s outside normal processing times? Is it bcos you’re more than 75days pending on ead?

I don't know what the exact range is for "normal processing times" but ours has been over 100 days now. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, TexasHeartsIndia said:

I don't know what the exact range is for "normal processing times" but ours has been over 100 days now. 

I THINK ITS 75-90 DAYS

AOS from B2

05/25/2021 GC 10 years

02/26/2024 N - 400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.