JJBUI3

December AOS 2017

323 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
2 hours ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

Yes mine does. (1 year)

Ah, I see. Seems that fee repayment is 1 downside in Illinois, as I presume you will have to pay the fee again when you renew based on your (pending) green card. I wonder if it was a similar process in Illinois before the gradual process begun in May 2016 to become REAL ID compliant (https://www.ilsos.gov/dlstatus/ and https://www.ilnews.org/news/statewide/illinois-expected-to-file-for-real-id-compliance/article_829c163c-076b-11e8-a95a-4f681df47767.html). I see that Illinois also issues licenses to illegals (TVDL) like California (AB 60, https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/ab60). I hope that in ~2019, Illinois doesn't screw up like California did with the introduction of REAL IDs. In California, there is an exclusively online renewal option but after REAL IDs were introduced the cards renewed online have the exact same disclaimer as the cards issued to illegals! This snafu even affects US citizens (including active duty service members) who want to legally purchase firearms: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1436248.

Edited by TM92
exclusively

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, TM92 said:

Ah, I see. Seems that fee repayment is 1 downside in Illinois, as I presume you will have to pay the fee again when you renew based on your (pending) green card. I wonder if it was a similar process in Illinois before the gradual process begun in May 2016 to become REAL ID compliant (https://www.ilsos.gov/dlstatus/ and https://www.ilnews.org/news/statewide/illinois-expected-to-file-for-real-id-compliance/article_829c163c-076b-11e8-a95a-4f681df47767.html). I see that Illinois also issues licenses to illegals (TVDL) like California (AB 60, https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/ab60). I hope that in ~2019, Illinois doesn't screw up like California did with the introduction of REAL IDs. In California, there is an exclusively online renewal option but after REAL IDs were introduced the cards renewed online have the exact same disclaimer as the cards issued to illegals! This snafu even affects US citizens (including active duty service members) who want to legally purchase firearms: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1436248.

Ya i will probably have to pay again. Thank goodness its only around 30 dollars. 

Timeline

~~Related threads merged~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
On 1/10/2018 at 4:57 PM, Marzena & Stephen said:

They let me keep my Canadian license.

After your I-94 expired, could you legally drive with your Canadian license until your EAD arrived? Or was that not allowed.

Timeline
3 hours ago, TM92 said:

After your I-94 expired, could you legally drive with your Canadian license until your EAD arrived? Or was that not allowed.

It is not allowed. 

I was unable to drive for the time between i94 expiration and ead.

Some people try to drive and act as if they are tourists but thats a huge no no because as a resident you dont qualify  to use your canadian license after 90 days. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

Some people try to drive and act as if they are tourists but thats a huge no no because as a resident you dont qualify  to use your canadian license after 90 days. 

Same here in California, but only 10 days are allowed. From the CA Driver Handbook:

New California Residents

When you become a California resident and you want to drive in California, you must apply for a California DL within 10 days. Residency is established in a variety of ways, including the following:

• Being registered to vote in California elections.
  • Paying resident tuition at a California college or university.
  • Filing for a home owner’s property tax exemption.
  • Receiving any other privilege or benefit not ordinarily extended to nonresidents.

Adults Visiting California

Visitors over 18 years old with a valid DL from their home state or country may drive in California without getting a California DL as long as their home state or country DL is valid.

In states like Massachusetts there is a gray area:

• 2 months later...

Hi all I would like to share my recent experience at my interview for the adjust of status.

the interview was on the Newark field Office on 10/02/2018. Our appointment was for 8:55 at 14th floor.

Well we get there like at 8:15am and seat at the waiting room for maybe 40 to 50 minutes then a officer call us by our names and took us to his office, he was a little serious man. 

Ok when we get to his office we make the oath and then we seat. 

He first started asking for our I’d (license) then he ask for my passport I’m the beneficiary my wife is the petitioner, the he ask for my wife passport. Then he ask for my medicals exam because I do not submit those with the application because some times it gets expired for the long processing times At USCIS, then some random question of How we met, when we get married, where we get married, how many people assist to the wedding, date of birth and others that I can’t remember but very typical questions.

then he ask proof of the relationship we have, we gave him the most recent taxes filled together, join bank statements, join car insurance, join credit card statements and the pictures we have together. Then he make the yes/no questions at the form I-485 and that’s it.

but at the end he told us that he would recommend us for approval but because my wife became US citizen right after we send the petition( we first send the form I-130 because she was waiting for her us citizenship interview when she became US citizen we send the rest of the forms I-485,I-765,I-864) he have to wait for that file to complete the information he has 😩😩 we where a little disappointed he say that it could take maybe 1 day maybe a week maybe few months then he give us a Notice of Interview Result. Saying that my case is held for review 😩😩.

and that it’s now i have to wait. Did anybody knows about a similar case?? 

58 minutes ago, JJBUI3 said:

Hi all I would like to share my recent experience at my interview for the adjust of status.

the interview was on the Newark field Office on 10/02/2018. Our appointment was for 8:55 at 14th floor.

Well we get there like at 8:15am and seat at the waiting room for maybe 40 to 50 minutes then a officer call us by our names and took us to his office, he was a little serious man. 

He first started asking for our I’d (license) then he ask for my passport I’m the beneficiary my wife is the petitioner, the he ask for my wife passport. Then he ask for my medicals exam because I do not submit those with the application because some times it gets expired for the long processing times At USCIS, then some random question of How we met, when we get married, where we get married, how many people assist to the wedding, date of birth and others that I can’t remember but very typical questions.

then he ask proof of the relationship we have, we gave him the most recent taxes filled together, join bank statements, join car insurance, join credit card statements and the pictures we have together. Then he make the yes/no questions at the form I-485 and that’s it.

but at the end he told us that he would recommend us for approval but because my wife became US citizen right after we send the petition( we first send the form I-130 because she was waiting for her us citizenship interview when she became US citizen we send the rest of the forms I-485,I-765,I-864) he have to wait for that file to complete the information he has 😩😩 we where a little disappointed he say that it could take maybe 1 day maybe a week maybe few months then he give us a Notice of Interview Result. Saying that my case is held for review 😩😩.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I am sure you will get your GC soon. 

Good luck

Filed: IR-5 Country: El Salvador
Timeline

My interview was yesterday 10/4/18 at the Dc office  at 10 am, here is my experience at that office
I went to the offices 30 minutes early, I when in at 10:45 am
The officer she was very professional and courteous, and immediately we sit down she started asking me questions about how I enter to the USA, I told her exactly how I remember, she said OK, them proceeded to ask me the questions from the I-485, and she said you will have an answer within 120 days, and walked me to the door and before the door closed she called me back, and she said I forgot to take your picture and fingerprints, so I when back into the office, after she was done she said lets wait to see if goes thru, I said Ok, and she told me you will receive your need card in about 6 weeks, I asked her, so my petition is been approved? she said yes, congratulations. I was in shock so the only thing I said was Thank you!! I really thought I need it to wait longer 

This part of the journey is over

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/4/2018 at 1:00 PM, JJBUI3 said:

Any news?

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/3/2018 at 7:44 PM, J&DR said:

Excited to share I got this email today!!!

Hialeah, FL office, despite the cases processing times. 

image.thumb.png.01d7dbfc5c25a97936fe20a227c921eb.png

interview was today. 

very smooth. the only question asked is where we had met each other.

he said he would recommend us for approval.

we wish you all good luck. I wish we could have help each other more in this forum.

Edited by J&DR

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.