mighty836

December 2017 AOS

1,254 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Ln Em said:

Hello everybody!

I wanted to ask a question to the ones who applied in December and already received their travel authorization.

All of you did a special request (job offer, ombudsmen or other) or applied for an expedite working authorization?

Is there anybody who just waited and received their combo card already? 

Thank you and have a great day!

Emilie 

My applications have been received on Dec 18th, bio on Jan 12th and nothing yet.
But we haven't done any form of inquiry. We try to patiently wait it out.

Good luck for you!

2 minutes ago, spike198 said:

So excited!!!!  Last week we got an email saying that the last action on our case was March 16 and this week the email said last action was January 23rd!  We managed to go back in time!  Soon the application will be back in our mailbox :jest:

this was extremely funny. :jest::jest:. Soon you'll start applying K1 again since we are going back in time.. :D:D

8 minutes ago, AOS JOURNEY said:

this was extremely funny. :jest::jest:. Soon you'll start applying K1 again since we are going back in time.. :D:D

I was about to say, soon they'll find themselves collecting paperwork for AOS again. But K1 would be even better, haha!

Although... if we'd go back in time I'd go for CR1 as of now lol 

16 minutes ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

I was about to say, soon they'll find themselves collecting paperwork for AOS again. But K1 would be even better, haha!

Although... if we'd go back in time I'd go for CR1 as of now lol 

Yeah totally would do it differently if we had to do it over again.  Oh well

Just now, spike198 said:

Yeah totally would do it differently if we had to do it over again.  Oh well

Yeah if I knew what I know now, or better if the K1 would take as long as it does now.
I think at this point it would make sense going for a CR-1 if someone has the chance to do so. Not much difference in the waiting time + the entire AOS would be saved.

In my case K1 did make sense, since it was pushed through so quick. But right now... CR1.

3 minutes ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

Yeah if I knew what I know now, or better if the K1 would take as long as it does now.
I think at this point it would make sense going for a CR-1 if someone has the chance to do so. Not much difference in the waiting time + the entire AOS would be saved.

In my case K1 did make sense, since it was pushed through so quick. But right now... CR1.

Yeah, we applied for K1 almost a year ago.  Yes, we are able to be together now while we wait for AOS, but as hard as it was to not be together, I think we would have rather waited longer and done CR-1.  My husband was at least working in Jamaica and making money to pay his bills and support his son.  It's been 6 months since he's worked and the burden it's put on be as a small business owner has been very difficult.  Oh well... this is where we are now and hopefully our situation changes soon.

7 minutes ago, spike198 said:

Yeah, we applied for K1 almost a year ago.  Yes, we are able to be together now while we wait for AOS, but as hard as it was to not be together, I think we would have rather waited longer and done CR-1.  My husband was at least working in Jamaica and making money to pay his bills and support his son.  It's been 6 months since he's worked and the burden it's put on be as a small business owner has been very difficult.  Oh well... this is where we are now and hopefully our situation changes soon.

I totally get it. I mean, we knew what we have to expect, but still.. life for the beneficiary is on hold, and not everyone can buffer that so easily.

As for us... we are actually doing good and we are patiently waiting. Being the beneficiary I am stuck at home now since September. It made me sick. I have to get medical Vitamin D in a very high dose... sounds so stupid. And I'm not even bored. :D
It's just the being stuck at home (we live in an outskirt of a suburb) has caused that. I need to get out of the house, at least for a part time job.

Since last week I have a good reason for that, because a tooth crown broke, the damage all in all is way bigger than expected and the bill will have 5 digits. Don't know how much precisely, but it will be horrendous. So I want to get me a job asap to be able to contribute. 

Plus I'm actually a social butterfly... it will be good for this girl to get back out of the house. :)

4 hours ago, Ln Em said:

Hello everybody!

I wanted to ask a question to the ones who applied in December and already received their travel authorization.

All of you did a special request (job offer, ombudsmen or other) or applied for an expedite working authorization?

Is there anybody who just waited and received their combo card already? 

Thank you and have a great day!

Emilie 

Yes. I received my combo card on March 26th. My PD is 12/1/2017. I Just waited, no sr.  Hope you get yours soon!! 

7 minutes ago, Yiyangmunoz said:

Yes. I received my combo card on March 26th. My PD is 12/1/2017. I Just waited, no sr.  Hope you get yours soon!! 

Would you mind updating your timeline to show your approval date?  VJ uses that info to try to put together estimates for those of us still waiting.  Thank you and congrats!

3 minutes ago, touchfish said:

Hi all, 

I just updated my timeline. I did try to ask a congresswoman to help but I am not sure if her staff ended up following through. We only signed the privacy information release form and then never heard anything from her staff. 

Here's my timeline:

NOA1 date: 12/5/2017

Biometric: 12/29/2017

NOA2 date: 3/29/2018

NOA2 received on: 4/2/2018

Combo card received: 4/4/2018 (came via USPS priority mail)

I do want to point out that my status was only updated in https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov (the one you need to log in with the passcode received via text message). My status on the USCIS app or website is still showing "case received". 

I totally understand how stressful it is... we are all anxious to get a job or have travel plan. GOOD LUCK to everyone!

Thank you so much for giving me that link - for some reason it never lets me sign in when I start from the main page (uscis.gov). I was able to log in thru the link you gave and got the passcode to log in and see my case history. 
Congrats for getting your combo card!

5 hours ago, spike198 said:

So excited!!!!  Last week we got an email saying that the last action on our case was March 16 and this week the email said last action was January 23rd!  We managed to go back in time!  Soon the application will be back in our mailbox :jest:

Yep same here. Two weeks ago last action was March 13th, today its January 26th! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.