mighty836

December 2017 AOS

1,254 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, spike198 said:

We requested an expedite of Advance Parole based on financial hardship.  We have a trip planned for May for our wedding reception and we have spent money on hotels, flights, etc as well as our friends and family.  I didn't think this was grounds to expedite but when we went for or infopass appointment the officer told us to.  It's a shot in the dark, but when we applied the processing times were much shorter so we figured 5 months was more than enough time.

smart option, because the EAD and AP come together. It seems i'll try the same. thanks for the info.

8 minutes ago, SarahMV said:

I had an inforpass appointment last Friday, so I figured i'll write how it went... Officer looked up my case and there was no update. She just told me that it's been taking longer time than 90 days, they don't know why. The best way to expedite is to mail them a letter to request expedite with supporting documents. She didn't even see my request to expedite in their records in the system. Then, as soon as I got back from the appointment, I received the letter that says "we received your request to expedite, your case is under review". Does anybody know if that means something?! I'm at 120 days now and am seeing people receiving EAD approvals from late December... Not sure if early December folks have received EAD yet, but I am surely getting nervous about this

Was it an actual letter or an email about your request to expedite?  We had an infopass appointment last week and they told us the same thing.  It seems odd to me that we would just blindly mail the paperwork to them without any form, contact info, etc.  We didn't do it and and called to request an expedite, although the processing times seem to not be any quicker as expedites are taking like a month.  We'll be at 5 months by then.

1 hour ago, spike198 said:

Was it an actual letter or an email about your request to expedite?  We had an infopass appointment last week and they told us the same thing.  It seems odd to me that we would just blindly mail the paperwork to them without any form, contact info, etc.  We didn't do it and and called to request an expedite, although the processing times seem to not be any quicker as expedites are taking like a month.  We'll be at 5 months by then.

I received an actual letter in mail saying "your case is currently under review". Yea, I am a bit hesitant to just send in documents in mail, especially i'm not sure what supporting documents they would want for my request to expedite based on financial loss, because I would lose my job if EAD doesn't come out soon. 

42 minutes ago, ca_jt said:

My timeline:

receipt date : 12/4/2017

Biometrics:   12/27/2017

RFIE:              1/12/2018 

RFIE replied:  1/24/2018  (Updated case status to Response received)

EAD and AP approval letters received in mail on 4/2/2018 ( No Updates on case status , it still shows case was received)

Time to get approval letters: 119 days 

Congrats! I have a similar timeline with you, hope I receive it soon...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My aos is still in validation error for more than a week now. Yesterday I received an email from my dhs account stating the last action was made last march 19. I can’t view which of my application has been dated March 19 although my ap and ead works when checking.

12 minutes ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

My aos is still in validation error for more than a week now. Yesterday I received an email from my dhs account stating the last action was made last march 19. I can’t view which of my application has been dated March 19 although my ap and ead works when checking.

•  

I recieved that email last week with a last action date of the 16th. I'm able to access all three of our cases and there is no action updates on any. I think its just a generic email.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
36 minutes ago, spike198 said:

I recieved that email last week with a last action date of the 16th. I'm able to access all three of our cases and there is no action updates on any. I think its just a generic email.

U mean there’s no update on any case number you have with March 16? Did you try to call and ask

28 minutes ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

U mean there’s no update on any case number you have with March 16? Did you try to call and ask

Nope, no updates since recieved. We called and they just said that they are working on our case. We even did an infopass appointment after the 16th and she didnt tell us anything

This is to give hope to some of you on this platform:

My timeline:

c(9) AOS NBC 

12/07/2017 - package sent to Chicago Lockbox 

12/8/2017 - PD

12/12/2017- NOA1 (receipts for I-130, i-485, i-765, i-131)

01/02/2018: biometrics done

02/28/2018 _First SR online : No response 

03/12/2018: contacted congressman

03/13/2018: contacted ombudsman

03/23/2018: second SR -called customer service for the SR

04/01/2018: online account says: we are producing your card and we will mail it to you (EAD/AP): 

04/01/2018: Congressman office confirmed they are producing my card

04/03/2018: We approved your case.

Time to get approval online: 114 days 

My advice: I think contacting congress man could speed up your case. I have been reading comments on this platform almost everyday and I think it is just fair to give my timeline out so as to give someone some hope. I think cases with MSC numbers usually take longer time than other ones (EAC, YSC etc) probably due to the volume of cases in that  center. Have a blessed day!

My AP expedite request has been completed. ( On April 4, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number xxxxxxxxxx, was completed). Does Anyone know what that means or what happens next?? I wasn't asked to fax any document nor did i get any phone call. What happens next??

Edited by AOS JOURNEY

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 minutes ago, AOS JOURNEY said:

My AP expedite request has been completed. ( On April 4, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number xxxxxxxxxx, was completed). Does Anyone know what that means or what happens next?? I wasn't asked to fax any document nor did i get any phone call. What happens next??

They dont normally approve APs without a very significant reason for it, it is most likely denied. Call USCIS and check the status.

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

6 minutes ago, T_P said:

They dont normally approve APs without a very significant reason for it, it is most likely denied. Call USCIS and check the status.

I called and i was told it wsn't denied. "Completed" means an officer is reviewing the case and you should get a reply soon. THanks for the reply

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 minutes ago, AOS JOURNEY said:

I called and i was told it wsn't denied. "Completed" means an officer is reviewing the case and you should get a reply soon. THanks for the reply

So soon you may receive a letter from USCIS requesting for proof or reason for your expedite request. Good luck

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

31 minutes ago, AOS JOURNEY said:

Did you receive an email previously saying that they received your request?  That's what we have gotten so far but nothing else.  Seems odd you haven't been able to send in your proof as to why you want to expedite.  I wish I knew the fax number so I could just send it all in.

23 minutes ago, spike198 said:

Did you receive an email previously saying that they received your request?  That's what we have gotten so far but nothing else.  Seems odd you haven't been able to send in your proof as to why you want to expedite.  I wish I knew the fax number so I could just send it all in.

yeah i got the email " We received your request to expedite the decision on your application. Your case is currently under review. You will receive a decision or notice of further action shortly" . I wasn't asked to fax nor send anything. it's so confusing and slow.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.