mighty836

December 2017 AOS

1,254 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Our AOS packet was last updated on 1/31/18, saying ready to schedule appointment. We haven't heard anything since then. 

Normal? Should I give a call and try to find out more info? 

We also haven't received any info on the EAD card. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Pizzaislife said:

Our AOS packet was last updated on 1/31/18, saying ready to schedule appointment. We haven't heard anything since then. 

Same with me..this is normal just wait 

Timeline
1 hour ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

What if your gc approved first?

The issue isn't about being allowed to work. They got their ead  they are waiting on their ssn card. 

If you get your green card you don't need an ead to work but you still need your Ssn#. 

@Kissfm

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Kissfm said:

i dont understand your question?

What if you got your gc first. Do they send ssn also? Or do u need to go to ssa?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

The issue isn't about being allowed to work. They got their ead  they are waiting on their ssn card. 

If you get your green card you don't need an ead to work but you still need your Ssn#. 

@Kissfm

So do u need to go to ssa? Or it will also arrive in few weeks after approval? Coz I allowed ead to apply me ssn

Timeline
25 minutes ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

So do u need to go to ssa? Or it will also arrive in few weeks after approval? Coz I allowed ead to apply me ssn

Online it says your ssn# should come to you after two weeks of having your work permit in hand. It doesn't specify your green card so I'm not sure what you would do in that case. I would go to the ssa office with all your documents and ask them. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
18 hours ago, Pizzaislife said:

we have the same note... "ready to schedule appointment"... apparently the appointment depends of the local office 'klerks' availability (at least it is what they said in the infopass)

8 minutes ago, CE and JR said:

we have the same note... "ready to schedule appointment"... apparently the appointment depends of the local office 'klerks' availability (at least it is what they said in the infopass)

How long has your case said "ready to schedule interview"?  We haven't even gotten to that stage yet so you're ahead of us.  What is funny (or not funny, depends how you look at it) is that when we had our Infopass appointment, there were three security guards working at the entrance of the office doing the usual stuff (walk through metal detectors, show idea, appointment letter, etc).  Then we get to the office and there are 2 USCIS officers working!  So literally more security staff that USCIS officers.  There is a huge waiting room and there were only 2 other people waiting when we arrived.  There were 4 more windows, all with signs saying "this window is closed".  Hmm... no wonder it took us a month to get a info pass appointment and up to 19 months for our interview.  But hey, at least those two people know they are working in a safe office :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
2 minutes ago, spike198 said:

How long has your case said "ready to schedule interview"?  We haven't even gotten to that stage yet so you're ahead of us.  What is funny (or not funny, depends how you look at it) is that when we had our Infopass appointment, there were three security guards working at the entrance of the office doing the usual stuff (walk through metal detectors, show idea, appointment letter, etc).  Then we get to the office and there are 2 USCIS officers working!  So literally more security staff that USCIS officers.  There is a huge waiting room and there were only 2 other people waiting when we arrived.  There were 4 more windows, all with signs saying "this window is closed".  Hmm... no wonder it took us a month to get a info pass appointment and up to 19 months for our interview.  But hey, at least those two people know they are working in a safe office :)

same like the other person since january 31... yes I notice that... I believe the officer have different profile than the klerks and moreover, I notice the same about the windows closed and or empty. He said to me that for instance in spring brake things tend to get slow because they also have kids and they want to go on holidays or after that they need to be train or etc etc 

long story short they are understaffed... also the officer says that the cities that are port of entry tend to be more busy than other offices that are not port of entry because they deal with more diverse cases (makes sense)

55 minutes ago, CE and JR said:

same like the other person since january 31... yes I notice that... I believe the officer have different profile than the klerks and moreover, I notice the same about the windows closed and or empty. He said to me that for instance in spring brake things tend to get slow because they also have kids and they want to go on holidays or after that they need to be train or etc etc 

long story short they are understaffed... also the officer says that the cities that are port of entry tend to be more busy than other offices that are not port of entry because they deal with more diverse cases (makes sense)

Yes, you can tell by the wait times which ones are busier.  And by the fact that some people in areas that aren't as busy already have green cards!  But I think they staff the same no matter how busy the office is!  ha ha!  :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, oppcla said:

Just an update that my combo card arrived today! Good luck to all those still waiting - hopefully yours all come soon. :)

Did you expedite? 

Timeline
2 hours ago, oppcla said:

Just an update that my combo card arrived today! Good luck to all those still waiting - hopefully yours all come soon. :)

Congrats !

@CE and JR

@spike198 Don't worry about not having the interview note on your file yet. Even us who have it have to wait months anyways. My friend who didn't update to interview is ready for scheduling actually got a green card without an interview ! So maybe it's a good sign for you ! 

I'm on day 109 still no ead

Edited by Marzena & Stephen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.