mighty836

December 2017 AOS

1,254 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, oppcla said:

I didn't expedite through USCIS. My congressional representative expedited my case on my behalf - reached out to them on 2/26 and they requested on 2/26. I had my employer write a special letter indicating my specialized skill set imploring USCIS to move forward with expeditious processing. I also provided an offer letter in addition to the signed letter from my employer. I never dealt with USCIS and it seemed to be a lot faster and more efficient of a process! Would highly recommend pursuing this option.

We contacted a Senator who was very responsive but said that since we are still in normal processing times that our best option is to expedite and they will follow up on our behalf.  It looks like even with the expedite it took you a month huh?  In a month we will almost be at 5 months anyway so it may not even be worth it but we have to make the effort.

Hello!  Here's my timeline.  Mine is marriage to USC.  Filed I-485, I-131, I-130 and I-765.

PD: 12/7/2017

Biometric: 12/23/2017 santa rosa,  CA early walk in

SR: 3/1/2018 for EAD

EAD/AP approval: 3/26/2018 (Received approval notice 3/30/2018.) 

And waiting.....  Can't wait for green card interview. 

Good luck fellow filers! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 3/16/2018 at 8:47 PM, Ghmorrell said:

Congrats. You can finally get a drivers license! 

Today, I got my driver license:) After i got my ead card, this week was pretty quick, i immediately tried to schedule my written test, luckily I found an appointment, and after that i tried to schedule my behind-the-wheel test, and i was very lucky for finding a spot for today. I am beginning working on Monday. My best wishes for you all. I feel that you all will be approved very soon🙏 I am not waiting to hear about interview soon, my local office is one of the worst ones, I hope you will🙂

Removal of Conditions

02/06/2021: Filed and package sent

02/10/2021: Received by USCIS

03/18/2021: NOA 1

07/01/2021: Biometrics waived

09/27/2011: Case approved, no interview (K1 visa)

Service Center: WAC

16 hours ago, spike198 said:

We contacted a Senator who was very responsive but said that since we are still in normal processing times that our best option is to expedite and they will follow up on our behalf.  It looks like even with the expedite it took you a month huh?  In a month we will almost be at 5 months anyway so it may not even be worth it but we have to make the effort.

Yes, so here is the timeline in more detail:

2/26 Forwarded all pertinent items to congressional rep

2/26 Rep forwarded to NBC

3/08 Rep followed up on status on our behalf, NBC informed that RFE was mailed

3/14 Had not yet received RFE so rep called NBC to scan and send RFE, RFE then forwarded to me via email

3/15 All RFE documents sent to lawyer, lawyer shipped overnight

3/16 All RFE documents delivered to NBC

3/19 NBC received RFE response and lawyer put in status inquiry

3/27 Case status changed "card is being produced"

3/28 Case status changed "we approved your case"

3/30 Approval notices for I-765 and I-131 arrived

I was also within normal processing times when I requested expeditious processing through my congressional representative but had a job offer and a letter from employer that I used as leverage.

can someone help me answer this question. 
when i filled my form I-765 they asked if i wanted a social security number which i ticked YES. i recieved my ead combo card this week without an SSN so i  was wondering if USCIS will send me a SSN or do i go to the office and apply for one?

2 hours ago, Kissfm said:

when i filled my form I-765 they asked if i wanted a social security number which i ticked YES. i recieved my ead combo card this week without an SSN so i  was wondering if USCIS will send me a SSN or do i go to the office and apply for one?

You need to go to the SSN office and apply for one. You'll have to show all pertinent documents whilst there as well.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Kissfm said:

obtain an SSN.

The revised USCIS form includes additional questions that allow applicants to apply for an SSN or replacement card without visiting a Social Security office. Starting today, USCIS will transmit the additional data collected on the form to the SSA for processing. Moving forward, applicants who receive their approved EADs from USCIS should receive their Social Security card from SSA within the following two weeks.

EADs serve as documentation to show employers that an individual is authorized to work in the U.S. for a specific time period. SSNs are used to report wages to the government, and to determine an individual’s eligibility for certain benefits. USCIS encourages all U.S. employers to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires through E-Verify.

That's from the uscis site..I'd say if you don't get it after two weeks than go to the Social security  office and ask if one was assigned. Make sure to bring your birth certificate etc 

Edited by Marzena & Stephen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, Se003 said:

Case still says "name was updated"

and nothing  nothing further has happened for a week. What do you guys think it means? 

I have read in other forums that alot of people have this happen and shortly after are getting interviews ..It's probably just a part of the process of entering cases into the computer. Hopefully good news :)

40 minutes ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

obtain an SSN.

The revised USCIS form includes additional questions that allow applicants to apply for an SSN or replacement card without visiting a Social Security office. Starting today, USCIS will transmit the additional data collected on the form to the SSA for processing. Moving forward, applicants who receive their approved EADs from USCIS should receive their Social Security card from SSA within the following two weeks.

EADs serve as documentation to show employers that an individual is authorized to work in the U.S. for a specific time period. SSNs are used to report wages to the government, and to determine an individual’s eligibility for certain benefits. USCIS encourages all U.S. employers to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires through E-Verify.

That's from the uscis site..I'd say if you don't get it after two weeks than go to the Social security  office and ask if one was assigned. Make sure to bring your birth certificate etc 

ok thank you very much

On 3/27/2018 at 3:01 PM, Katherinelove7 said:

Hi Kissfm

Congratulations to you! I have the same timeline as you. We sent the package on 30th Nov and it was received on 4 th Dec, got the notice around 11:55 pm Monday night. But we didn’t hear anything yet.😭 Last time I called USCIS and I was been told my case under review, and they will have a decision shortly. No RFIE. I felt worried about that.

hey have you gotten your ead or interview scheduled?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
4 hours ago, Kissfm said:

I got my social security card after two or three days after i got my ead card in mail, i had also ticked yes.

Removal of Conditions

02/06/2021: Filed and package sent

02/10/2021: Received by USCIS

03/18/2021: NOA 1

07/01/2021: Biometrics waived

09/27/2011: Case approved, no interview (K1 visa)

Service Center: WAC

1 hour ago, Kissfm said:

hey have you gotten your ead or interview scheduled?

Thank you for asking. We called them on Wednesday. The officer didn’t want to listen to me and kept interrupting me and said nothing updated no decision yet. We don’t know when will these waiting day ends. It’s going to 4 months.

21 hours ago, Katherinelove7 said:

Thank you for asking. We called them on Wednesday. The officer didn’t want to listen to me and kept interrupting me and said nothing updated no decision yet. We don’t know when will these waiting day ends. It’s going to 4 months.

ok dont worry too much! it will most definitely come.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.