mighty836

December 2017 AOS

1,254 posts in this topic

So the emails from USCIS are a weekly thing huh?  We got another one today saying they are still reviewing, but this time it said that the last action taken was on March 15th.  Not sure what that action was.  Also, not sure which case the emails are regarding...  

Hey everyone!  Explain to me the process to request an expedite... As I mentioned in a previous post, we were told at our infopass appointment that if we didn't hear anything about our case in the next week we should request an expedite.  I called USCIS to see if they could tell me what I needed to do, and she said that I need to put in a service request to expedite and they will put notes as to why we think we should be expedited and that we can mail in documents/proof of our expedite request.  This doesn't seem right...  Are we just supposed to hope that the guy in the mail room brings our paperwork to the right person?  Do we need to request through a Tier 2?  Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
11 minutes ago, spike198 said:

Hey everyone!  Explain to me the process to request an expedite... As I mentioned in a previous post, we were told at our infopass appointment that if we didn't hear anything about our case in the next week we should request an expedite.  I called USCIS to see if they could tell me what I needed to do, and she said that I need to put in a service request to expedite and they will put notes as to why we think we should be expedited and that we can mail in documents/proof of our expedite request.  This doesn't seem right...  Are we just supposed to hope that the guy in the mail room brings our paperwork to the right person?  Do we need to request through a Tier 2?  Any advice is greatly appreciated!

From reading experiences from others that expedited, after you put the request over the phone, they send you a letter to request of you to send the proofs of the expedite by fax: job offer/bills and after its another waiting period (1-3 weeks) until you get a final answer

01/08/2018: Priority Date

01/19/2018: Checks cashed

01/22/2018: 3 NOA's received in Mail (I-130, I-485 and I-765)

02/09/201: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter scheduled for 02/22

02/10/2018: Email notification of RFIE :(

02/12/2018: Early walk-in for Biometrics, successful

02/16/2018: RFIE received for birth certificate and translation, sent back the same day

02/20/2018: RFIE response delivered, sent via Fedex

02/23/2018: Case status updated to RFIE response received

03/05/2018: Courtesy letter for I-693, medical exam received, letter dated Feb 28th

03/08/2018: AP application delivered by Fedex

03/19/2018: NOA for AP received in the mailbox

05/03/2018: AP ONLY approved (Approved in 56 days)

05/11/2018: AP received in Mail

05/21/2018: Email received,EAD card in production (Day 133)

05/22/2018: Interview scheduled

05/25/2018: EAD approval letter received in Mail

05/29/2018: EAD card and letter for interview (Jun.26th) both received in Mail, Woot woot :)

06/26/2018: Interview completed, now waiting for the magical email/letter...

10/30/2018: Went to Infopass, officer has not made a decision yet, an email was sent to him tell him I came to inquire

03/26/2019: Moved so updated our address online with USCIS

04/16/2019: I-130 petition approved

04/20/2019: approval notice received in the mail

04/22/2019: received notification of RFE for AOS I-485

06/01/2019: RFE finally received after being lost in the mail, asking for a new medical exam

06/06/2019: Response to RFE sent, received the next day 06/07/2019

06/17/2019: Received notification of another RFE, 3rd time will be the charm hopefully

06/22/2019: RFE received for new medical

07/02/2019: Went to doctor for new medical

07/11/2019: I-485 approved without new medical exam

07/18/2019: Green Card received in mail

3 minutes ago, Nouchigang said:

From reading experiences from others that expedited, after you put the request over the phone, they send you a letter to request of you to send the proofs of the expedite by fax: job offer/bills and after its another waiting period (1-3 weeks) until you get a final answer

Thanks. I recalled reading about faxing the info and I've compiled everything but I just need clarification of how to start the process.  She told me I needed to mail everything.  

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, spike198 said:

Thanks. I recalled reading about faxing the info and I've compiled everything but I just need clarification of how to start the process.  She told me I needed to mail everything.  

HUmm no it starts by phone, more info here: 

01/08/2018: Priority Date

01/19/2018: Checks cashed

01/22/2018: 3 NOA's received in Mail (I-130, I-485 and I-765)

02/09/201: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter scheduled for 02/22

02/10/2018: Email notification of RFIE :(

02/12/2018: Early walk-in for Biometrics, successful

02/16/2018: RFIE received for birth certificate and translation, sent back the same day

02/20/2018: RFIE response delivered, sent via Fedex

02/23/2018: Case status updated to RFIE response received

03/05/2018: Courtesy letter for I-693, medical exam received, letter dated Feb 28th

03/08/2018: AP application delivered by Fedex

03/19/2018: NOA for AP received in the mailbox

05/03/2018: AP ONLY approved (Approved in 56 days)

05/11/2018: AP received in Mail

05/21/2018: Email received,EAD card in production (Day 133)

05/22/2018: Interview scheduled

05/25/2018: EAD approval letter received in Mail

05/29/2018: EAD card and letter for interview (Jun.26th) both received in Mail, Woot woot :)

06/26/2018: Interview completed, now waiting for the magical email/letter...

10/30/2018: Went to Infopass, officer has not made a decision yet, an email was sent to him tell him I came to inquire

03/26/2019: Moved so updated our address online with USCIS

04/16/2019: I-130 petition approved

04/20/2019: approval notice received in the mail

04/22/2019: received notification of RFE for AOS I-485

06/01/2019: RFE finally received after being lost in the mail, asking for a new medical exam

06/06/2019: Response to RFE sent, received the next day 06/07/2019

06/17/2019: Received notification of another RFE, 3rd time will be the charm hopefully

06/22/2019: RFE received for new medical

07/02/2019: Went to doctor for new medical

07/11/2019: I-485 approved without new medical exam

07/18/2019: Green Card received in mail

1 hour ago, spike198 said:

So the emails from USCIS are a weekly thing huh?  We got another one today saying they are still reviewing, but this time it said that the last action taken was on March 15th.  Not sure what that action was.  Also, not sure which case the emails are regarding...  

So weird I got one saying March 16th. Same as you no idea which but I think it's the EAD as the last one I got was Jan 25th (bio appointment) and my aos had an update Feb 5th. But who knows 

Just now, Ghmorrell said:

So weird I got one saying March 16th. Same as you no idea which but I think it's the EAD as the last one I got was Jan 25th (bio appointment) and my aos had an update Feb 5th. But who knows 

I just looked at the email again and it was March 16th.  It seems like everyone is getting the same message because a few people in the January group who got their weekly email also had the same date.  Not sure why I'm wracking my brain to try to figure it out, because nothing they do makes any sense :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, spike198 said:

I got that too but not today I think yesterday or the day before  🙈

The weird thing is it said march 15 and my case tracker showed something happened with my case on March 15 too... that it was touched but no wording changed. Odd.

Edited by Marzena & Stephen

Timeline
On 3/27/2018 at 7:58 PM, TearsOfBabylon said:

You can still submit it! :)
If I was you I would.
Since all it costs extra is a few copies and 2 pictures... I'd sleep better knowing to be able to travel home if something happens.

As far as I know, as long as your AOS is pending you can post submit it for free. 

I submitted the AP today! Priority mail so they should get it within 3 days. I hope they open it and add it to my dad in time 😂 now I guess I would be happier to wait a little longer for my ead if my ap was attached to it. I miss mexico vacations lol.    Otherwise I hear they send your ap as a piece of paper (if you already have your ead.  Should be interesting 😊

3 minutes ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

I got that too but not today I think yesterday or the day before  🙈

The weird thing is it said march 15 and my case tracker showed something happened with my case on March 15 too... that it was touched but no wording changed. Odd.

image.png.2bd8a035a86282aa3727b173262739ef.png

Does anybody know what this means? I got this email this morning..

2 minutes ago, Laura123 said:

image.png.2bd8a035a86282aa3727b173262739ef.png

Does anybody know what this means? I got this email this morning..

Nope. Several of us got it. I think it's their way of keeping us occupied trying to figure it out so we don't bug them :)

Timeline
2 minutes ago, spike198 said:

Nope. Several of us got it. I think it's their way of keeping us occupied trying to figure it out so we don't bug them :)

I'd love to work for uscis after all this but you have to be a citizen 😔

Edited by Marzena & Stephen

10 minutes ago, spike198 said:

LOL! Thats so funny actually.

I got this email this morning and i have no clue what it means. 

On Monday i received my interview date, but nothing about EAD.

I thought maybe this means they are working on EAD lol :) 

4 hours ago, spike198 said:

I didn't expedite through USCIS. My congressional representative expedited my case on my behalf - reached out to them on 2/26 and they requested on 2/26. I had my employer write a special letter indicating my specialized skill set imploring USCIS to move forward with expeditious processing. I also provided an offer letter in addition to the signed letter from my employer. I never dealt with USCIS and it seemed to be a lot faster and more efficient of a process! Would highly recommend pursuing this option.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.