mighty836

December 2017 AOS

1,254 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

Awesome congrats !

You should fill in your timeline 😊

When did you have your biometrics ?

I filled in my timeline on my profile page - see there for additional information :) my initial biometrics appointment was scheduled fro January 24, 2018, but I completed it via early walk-in on January 16, 2018. Filed for AOS and combo card on December 19, 2017.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
28 minutes ago, oppcla said:

I filled in my timeline on my profile page - see there for additional information :) my initial biometrics appointment was scheduled fro January 24, 2018, but I completed it via early walk-in on January 16, 2018. Filed for AOS and combo card on December 19, 2017.

Ahhh so close to my timeline!!! but i havnt heard yet haha

thanks for filling that out :) 

1 hour ago, oppcla said:

I updated my timeline on my profile page! Filed on December 19, 2017.

Nice! Thanks and congrats again!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Hello everybody!

Just wanted to say that I am with you. I applied December 15th... still waiting for the EAD!

Hopefully it will come soon as I have to travel in June.

Have a great day all  =D

Emilie 

3 minutes ago, Ln Em said:

Hello everybody!

Just wanted to say that I am with you. I applied December 15th... still waiting for the EAD!

Hopefully it will come soon as I have to travel in June.

Have a great day all  =D

Emilie 

We have the same dates, including Biometrics appointment!  I hope we both get approved soon, like tomorrow!  ha ha!  We have travel booked for May 5th... Needless to say, we are stressing big time!

I have the same timeline with most people here. i still haven't gotten my EAD. Hopefully something comes in the mail in the next few weeks .. i just can't wait anymore.

PD; DEC 15, 2017

BIO; JAN 23

Heard nothing since then, no RFE, NO RFIE, Just pure silence from their end

Timeline

I just saw this crazy list of how many applications come in for each state and how many are approved denied and pending .. yikes 

https://www.uscis.gov/tools/reports-studies/immigration-forms-data/data-set-form-i-485-application-adjustment-status

1 hour ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

I just saw this crazy list of how many applications come in for each state and how many are approved denied and pending .. yikes 

https://www.uscis.gov/tools/reports-studies/immigration-forms-data/data-set-form-i-485-application-adjustment-status

Wow, about 9,5% denied at my local office, and they only received 527 on the top sheet of your link. 
Wondering what denial reasons on family based AOS are. Hard to believe that almost 10% marriages are not bona fide.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

Wow, about 9,5% denied at my local office, and they only received 527 on the top sheet of your link. 
Wondering what denial reasons on family based AOS are. Hard to believe that almost 10% marriages are not bona fide.

I think some may just be unsigned forms ... maybe ?  

Check out Illinois I'm like dieing reading this over 12000 applications pending in the quarter wow..

Screenshot_20180328-222822.png

Yeah I was just wondering if "denied" means finally denied, or denied because of wrong fee, missing papers, anything that would end up in the applicant just re-submit with the correct things.
Can't imagine such a high percentage being told "finally denied - go home". You know what I mean!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

Yeah I was just wondering if "denied" means finally denied, or denied because of wrong fee, missing papers, anything that would end up in the applicant just re-submit with the correct things.
Can't imagine such a high percentage being told "finally denied - go home". You know what I mean!

Ya that would be interesting to know.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Hello everybody!

As I am new to this forum, I am not sure if you talked about it already, so I would like to apologize if it's the case.

If I understood correctly, the local office doesn't deal with our EAD or travel authorisation, the National Benefit Center does. Right now, we can see online that it takes between 2.5 to 5 months to received it (the first number is the time it takes to complete 50% of cases (the median). The second number is the time it takes to complete 93% of cases.) More info here: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/#mainContent

Today, the case inquiry date is October 30, 2017 (yesterday was October 29). Our application will only be considered as "outside normal processing time" when this date will be December 15, 2017...meaning we shouldn't worry for now (even if I am definitely getting extremely tired of the wait!). 

Sorry again if that was discussed already.

Have a great day all!

Emilie 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.