mighty836

December 2017 AOS

1,254 posts in this topic

I'm on Day 105 today.

On day 75 I called for a SR and it's not assign yet. I Called today and Raise another SR. (30 Days after the 1st SR).

PD: December 7th 

*Tried to expedite on Jan 22nd (Didn't work, they didn't say anything)*

1st SR: Feb 20th (Told me to call in 30 days if not resolved)

2nd SR: Mar 22nd (Told me to call in 15 days if not resolved)

The waiting game is getting longer. Otherwise, I have seen some approvals from December 1st and 4th. (I don't know if they were Expedited)

I Hope this EAD game just ends soon.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Frankjoseph said:

I'm on Day 105 today.

On day 75 I called for a SR and it's not assign yet. I Called today and Raise another SR. (30 Days after the 1st SR).

PD: December 7th 

*Tried to expedite on Jan 22nd (Didn't work, they didn't say anything)*

1st SR: Feb 20th (Told me to call in 30 days if not resolved)

2nd SR: Mar 22nd (Told me to call in 15 days if not resolved)

The waiting game is getting longer. Otherwise, I have seen some approvals from December 1st and 4th. (I don't know if they were Expedited)

I Hope this EAD game just ends soon.

Have you seen ead's approved from the same jurisdiction you live in?  I am still waiting but honestly I think it depends on the office that is handling your case because some are busier than oyhers. Sucks it works out this way but what can we do.   I also put in an inquiry I'm on day 98. Waiting to hear anything.

NO, EADs based on I-485 becomes a Benefit thru US Citizens Marriage. That means, that all EADs are processed by NBC (National Benefits Center (MSC)). 

I-485 Adjustment of Status are processed by Local Offices (That's the difference).

On EADs must of us (If not lucky) have the same timeline (All are processed in Missouri) that's why we are MSC codes.

My receipt date is 12/4/2017 on the USCIS mycase status, but it shows 12/8/2017 on the myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov, so I'm not sure which is correct... I'm on day 108, raised two SRs online, received no response. I called them today and I was told I need to wait 30 days to receive a response on my recent SR, which was on 3/14. I made an infopass appointment on 3/30, so hopefully I get more update then. I am currently working with OPT expiring in May, so it's been slowly killing me with the thought of losing my job and not being able to work for a while. My I-485 has been at "ready to schedule for an interview" since mid-January, but I am currently more nervous about work authorization.... :( 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, SarahMV said:

My receipt date is 12/4/2017 on the USCIS mycase status, but it shows 12/8/2017 on the myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov, so I'm not sure which is correct... I'm on day 108, raised two SRs online, received no response. I called them today and I was told I need to wait 30 days to receive a response on my recent SR, which was on 3/14. I made an infopass appointment on 3/30, so hopefully I get more update then. I am currently working with OPT expiring in May, so it's been slowly killing me with the thought of losing my job and not being able to work for a while. My I-485 has been at "ready to schedule for an interview" since mid-January, but I am currently more nervous about work authorization.... :( 

yh. I've been waiting to be scheduled too. plus the other date is when they got it and your check was cashed. thats why the dates are different.

AOS from B2

05/25/2021 GC 10 years

02/26/2024 N - 400

11 minutes ago, SarahMV said:

loosing your job is a good reason to request and expedite on the EAD. I would suggest you do that rather than wait for the SR expedites are taking about a month or more

Live, love, laugh.. and try not to think too much about USCIS

3 minutes ago, cumulonimbus said:

Does anyone's status for EAD or AP say "case received" ? I don't believe I ever had the "fingerprint fee received" like most of you. 

The fingerprint received is for AOS. EAD and AP say case received 

Not sure how to reply to the exact post... But when I called today to see if I can expedite it, the guy I talked to was saying that I'll just need to wait for a response from SR I requested on 3/14. He didn't make another request, saying it will just override the SR I made on 3/14. Hoping I can request to expedite my case at the infopass appointment..

36 minutes ago, logisticamente said:

loosing your job is a good reason to request and expedite on the EAD. I would suggest you do that rather than wait for the SR expedites are taking about a month or more

Is there a specific way to request to expedite? I called USCIS today, and he wasn't helpful. I do have an infopass appointment on 3/30. I was hoping they can be more helpful...

37 minutes ago, SarahMV said:

Is there a specific way to request to expedite? I called USCIS today, and he wasn't helpful. I do have an infopass appointment on 3/30. I was hoping they can be more helpful...

You have to do it by phone, when you call just say you want to request an expedite based on financial lost due to loosing your job.. and then they will ask you some more questions to set up the request. there is plenty of info here on VJ about that.

I think that you cannot request an expedite in your infopass.. I read someone did it and they told them to mail a form or something.. but if you want to wait until the 30th you can try and let us know what they say.

Also thinking about what FrankJoseph said.. when you call you can also request more info regarding  your case and they transfer you to a tier 2 who can tell you if your case has been assigned to an officer or is still in the waiting pile, maybe the officer at the infopass can tell you that too?? that could help you make an informed decision.

Good Luck

Live, love, laugh.. and try not to think too much about USCIS

Exactly, better call and ask for a Tier 2 Officer (Sometimes they don't transfer you, cause Tier 1's think they can help you. But you can try, they won't do anything against you).

Another thing I want to advise, Try to enroll on USPS Informed Delivery. It's the best way to keep tracks on Letters and Mails from USCIS. My First EAD got lost in the Mail. I'm replacing my lost one, and you cannot do anything without the EAD physical CARD (NO JOBS no LICENSE no SSN (If Applicable)). USCIS and USPS won't help you at all and you'd have to pay extra US$ 410.00 to get it replaced.

This's not to scare you guys, but I don't want you to go thru what I am living now. My Main PD is August 7th. And when you replace, your EAD PD actualize to the replacement day. That's why I am here again -.- . But my first EAD was approved on day 82 (They have a huge delay now).

We received an email from USCIS this morning. Totally random but it said they are still reviewing our case and last action was January 26th. Unreal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.