mighty836

December 2017 AOS

1,254 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

I don't know. I haven't done any kind of inquiry yet.
Might be pointless anyways, since w"are in normal processing times" still. The date on the site is November 17th or so... So I guess it doesn't make sense anyways.

Yeah, I feel the same way, but then I read some stories where they got approvals after contacting obmudsman office, maybe it's a coincidence or maybe it worked! Gosh, this driving me insane lol

4 minutes ago, SarahMV said:

Yeah, I feel the same way, but then I read some stories where they got approvals after contacting obmudsman office, maybe it's a coincidence or maybe it worked! Gosh, this driving me insane lol

I get you!

That was the same on K1. So many people who had congress people involved. But also MANY of them where it did nothing. 

I'll just wait 2-3 more weeks and then see. People around me at least got the EAD, so I'll see!
I believe in patience, even if it's annoying :)

Edited by TearsOfBabylon

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It's hard to tell if the inquiry thing makes a difference or not because mine got approved right after the 15 days inquiry I made but than again I think it's only because I was at the 4 month mark..I really try to think it didnt make a difference but who freaken knows now days.

I dont think my ap will be in the card.

I got a 2nd email yesterday..(case tracker didnt update) but online did. 

From we are producing your card and we will mail it to you  

To

We approved your case (on ead only)

It also says if you dont get your card by may 12 give them a call ..that's a one month gap so hopefully it comes sooner than that.

1 hour ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

I get you!

That was the same on K1. So many people who had congress people involved. But also MANY of them where it did nothing. 

I'll just wait 2-3 more weeks and then see. People around me at least got the EAD, so I'll see!
I believe in patience, even if it's annoying :)

I shall wait too... Patience is definitely not my forte! lol I really hope so get an approval soon since i'm on 130 days.... fingers crossed!

5 minutes ago, SarahMV said:

Just got an email from the congresswoman I contacted, saying that they contacted the agency and will let me know once they get a response. So that is another week or two at the very least... sweet. lol But glad they are very diligent about it. 

there ya go!!! We contacted a Senator yesterday and then today our Congressman's Office contacted us wanting all our info for our case. So hopefully something happens in the next week or two. Our Senator said they handle most state wide inquiries and Congressman handle National ones.

K1 visa adventure 

02/20/2017- I-129F packet send to Dallas

02/22/2017- I-129F packet delivered

02/28/2017-- check cashed

03/01/2017-- NOA1 text and email received transferred to (CSC)

03/06/2017-- NOA1 hard copy received in the mail.

05/23/2017 -- Notified RFE

06/16/2017 -- Replied RFE

06/19/2017 -- CSC Received reply

06/26/2017-- Approved 

06/30/2017-- received NOA2

07/10/2017-- NVC Recived case

07/11/2017-- Case number assigned

08/14/2017-- Interview ( APPROVED )

AOS

11/29/17- Packet sent to Chicago lockbox ( I-485, I-765, I-131 included)

12/1/2017- recieved packet

12/6/2017 NOA1 text and email recieved

12/8/2017 NOA1 Hard copy recieved

12/26/2017 Biometrics done

03/31/2018 RFE - I-131

04/19/2018 Approved I-765, I-131 ( EAD & AP )

04/26/2018 Received combo card in mail

12/06/2018 Interview done - no decision

12/27/2018  APPROVED - card being produced

8 minutes ago, mighty836 said:

there ya go!!! We contacted a Senator yesterday and then today our Congressman's Office contacted us wanting all our info for our case. So hopefully something happens in the next week or two. Our Senator said they handle most state wide inquiries and Congressman handle National ones.

nice! good luck to both of us! lol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
18 minutes ago, SarahMV said:

Just got an email from the congresswoman I contacted, saying that they contacted the agency and will let me know once they get a response. So that is another week or two at the very least... sweet. lol But glad they are very diligent about it. 

Awesome !! 

44 minutes ago, mighty836 said:

I know everyone place is different, but our Senator (in California) was very helpful!  She followed up on our request to expedite (we never got any info from USCIS about how to expedite and just took the liberty of mailing a bunch of documents) and sent me an email recapping her call with USCIS.  The next day we were approved.  Now, this could TOTALLY be a coincidence, but I appreciated that she told me what she found out which was way more than we were ever told.  Also, not sure if this made a difference, but she contacted my local field office who then contacted National Benefits Center.  Wonder if she was able to obtain more info since she called USCIS in her jurisdiction (even though they are a federal agency) who then called NBC rather than try to call USCIS and deal with the same drama we all deal with when we call.  Either way, good luck!  I've never contacted a Senator of anything but I must say I had little faith in them but just the fact that they called me when I first reached out and then actually followed through with what they said they would gave me hope in our elected officials (some of them at least!)

28 minutes ago, spike198 said:

I know everyone place is different, but our Senator (in California) was very helpful!  She followed up on our request to expedite (we never got any info from USCIS about how to expedite and just took the liberty of mailing a bunch of documents) and sent me an email recapping her call with USCIS.  The next day we were approved.  Now, this could TOTALLY be a coincidence, but I appreciated that she told me what she found out which was way more than we were ever told.  Also, not sure if this made a difference, but she contacted my local field office who then contacted National Benefits Center.  Wonder if she was able to obtain more info since she called USCIS in her jurisdiction (even though they are a federal agency) who then called NBC rather than try to call USCIS and deal with the same drama we all deal with when we call.  Either way, good luck!  I've never contacted a Senator of anything but I must say I had little faith in them but just the fact that they called me when I first reached out and then actually followed through with what they said they would gave me hope in our elected officials (some of them at least!)

yes pretty much every state is different, i guess this is just how NJ works, all i do know is we are frustrated with the slow process. cmon please let it go easy for us sometime!!!!! i know wishful thinking. Happy for you guys that you got your approval.

Edited by mighty836

K1 visa adventure 

02/20/2017- I-129F packet send to Dallas

02/22/2017- I-129F packet delivered

02/28/2017-- check cashed

03/01/2017-- NOA1 text and email received transferred to (CSC)

03/06/2017-- NOA1 hard copy received in the mail.

05/23/2017 -- Notified RFE

06/16/2017 -- Replied RFE

06/19/2017 -- CSC Received reply

06/26/2017-- Approved 

06/30/2017-- received NOA2

07/10/2017-- NVC Recived case

07/11/2017-- Case number assigned

08/14/2017-- Interview ( APPROVED )

AOS

11/29/17- Packet sent to Chicago lockbox ( I-485, I-765, I-131 included)

12/1/2017- recieved packet

12/6/2017 NOA1 text and email recieved

12/8/2017 NOA1 Hard copy recieved

12/26/2017 Biometrics done

03/31/2018 RFE - I-131

04/19/2018 Approved I-765, I-131 ( EAD & AP )

04/26/2018 Received combo card in mail

12/06/2018 Interview done - no decision

12/27/2018  APPROVED - card being produced

On 4/4/2018 at 6:16 AM, IGwT said:

This is to give hope to some of you on this platform:

My timeline:

c(9) AOS NBC 

12/07/2017 - package sent to Chicago Lockbox 

12/8/2017 - PD

12/12/2017- NOA1 (receipts for I-130, i-485, i-765, i-131)

01/02/2018: biometrics done

02/28/2018 _First SR online : No response 

03/12/2018: contacted congressman

03/13/2018: contacted ombudsman

03/23/2018: second SR -called customer service for the SR

04/01/2018: online account says: we are producing your card and we will mail it to you (EAD/AP): 

04/01/2018: Congressman office confirmed they are producing my card

04/03/2018: We approved your case.

Time to get approval online: 114 days 

My advice: I think contacting congress man could speed up your case. I have been reading comments on this platform almost everyday and I think it is just fair to give my timeline out so as to give someone some hope. I think cases with MSC numbers usually take longer time than other ones (EAC, YSC etc) probably due to the volume of cases in that  center. Have a blessed day!

Have you received your card yet?  How long after the approval email before you got it?  Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

After months of waiting, we finally got a notification in the USCIS tracker app. RFE for EAD and AP.  This is going to be a long process :(

28 minutes ago, laserz said:

After months of waiting, we finally got a notification in the USCIS tracker app. RFE for EAD and AP.  This is going to be a long process :(

That means they looked at your case. Try to send it immediately and they will approved you after they receive it. It's fast after the RFE. Takes like a week.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.