mighty836

December 2017 AOS

1,254 posts in this topic

We just called and spoke to a Tier 2.  She told me we have to wait 5 months for EAD.  Then she hung up

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
44 minutes ago, spike198 said:

We just called and spoke to a Tier 2.  She told me we have to wait 5 months for EAD.  Then she hung up

oh wow. thats sad.

AOS from B2

05/25/2021 GC 10 years

02/26/2024 N - 400

1 minute ago, Rmsean said:

oh wow. thats sad.

Yup.  Said our case hasn't even been assigned to an officer yet.  She talked in circles really... I think that they assume we are all idiots and don't understand the process because when you ask a question they change their answer and it conflicts with the info they gave previously.  I just emailed my Senator and have an infopass appointment later in the month.  It's complete BS.

3 minutes ago, spike198 said:

Yup.  Said our case hasn't even been assigned to an officer yet.  She talked in circles really... I think that they assume we are all idiots and don't understand the process because when you ask a question they change their answer and it conflicts with the info they gave previously.  I just emailed my Senator and have an infopass appointment later in the month.  It's complete BS.

We emailed the senator last week but have heard nothing since. I am thinking of contacting our congresswoman next week once we hit 90 days are if she can help

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, spike198 said:

That was friggin rude of her to hang up on you. And wth 5 months?!

We called this week and they told us it would be 3 months no matter how the aos and the travel doc is delayed. Im sorry if you had to go through that #######. I undestand that it's frustrating not being able to work thoug  maybeyou could try doing freelance online? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ghmorrell said:

We emailed the senator last week but have heard nothing since. I am thinking of contacting our congresswoman next week once we hit 90 days are if she can help

congress man is easier than the senator. my senator just directed me to the congressman office.

AOS from B2

05/25/2021 GC 10 years

02/26/2024 N - 400

1 minute ago, Shia and Ash said:

That was friggin rude of her to hang up on you. And wth 5 months?!

We called this week and they told us it would be 3 months no matter how the aos and the travel doc is delayed. Im sorry if you had to go through that #######. I undestand that it's frustrating not being able to work thoug  maybeyou could try doing freelance online? 

Three months more or 3 months from applying? Funny how different each persons answers are. Why even bother taking calls if they just make up answers?!? Did they say the AP process is delayed? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, spike198 said:

Three months more or 3 months from applying? Funny how different each persons answers are. Why even bother taking calls if they just make up answers?!? Did they say the AP process is delayed? 

Im in UT so not sure if it's the same as yours. For the aos, they're processing those from March 2017 same numbers last month when we called. It's like they arent processing at all. For the AP they're just on October 2017. Last month they're on Sept 2017. So 2 more months before I'd hear anything from the AP. Which by that point, I wont need anymore. Useless. 

To answer your question, 3 months from when they received it. I sent mine out on the 12/21 and they received it on the 27th. So 3 months from the 27th. Supposedly march 27th, though, tbh I really do t trust anything they say anymore. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, spike198 said:

half of them just have generic answers to stall on every thing. its all frustrating. at this rate if one doesn't expedite, it'll take some time.

AOS from B2

05/25/2021 GC 10 years

02/26/2024 N - 400

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
1 hour ago, spike198 said:

I think assigning to an officer doesn't help much as well... My case is with an officer more than a month. As the last response of uscis to my congressman which is March 6th, it is still with the officer, and I must get a decision within 30 days. And today, I got an email from ombudsman saying that they did a follow-up inquiry to uscis since uscis didn't respond them as well. It is kinda joke or what? 

Removal of Conditions

02/06/2021: Filed and package sent

02/10/2021: Received by USCIS

03/18/2021: NOA 1

07/01/2021: Biometrics waived

09/27/2011: Case approved, no interview (K1 visa)

Service Center: WAC

25 minutes ago, Gravlax said:

I think assigning to an officer doesn't help much as well... My case is with an officer more than a month. As the last response of uscis to my congressman which is March 6th, it is still with the officer, and I must get a decision within 30 days. And today, I got an email from ombudsman saying that they did a follow-up inquiry to uscis since uscis didn't respond them as well. It is kinda joke or what? 

It's all a racket.... misinformation everywhere. There is no reason they can't provide correct and accurate information 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am still waiting on my EAD (3 months in) 

A friend who lives in a different state than I going through this process got her EAD & Travel doc 2 months into the process. AND TODAY she got her approval for i-485. instant approval about 3 months after applying. Her case status tracker didnt even update. She didnt even have to have an interview! The letter told her she is approved and her permanent residence card (green card) will come in 3 weeks. 

WOW WOW WOW.  lucky girl. 

19 minutes ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

A friend who lives in a different state than I going through this process got her EAD & Travel doc 2 months into the process. AND TODAY she got her approval for i-485. instant approval about 3 months after applying. Her case status tracker didnt even update. She didnt even have to have an interview! The letter told her she is approved and her permanent residence card (green card) will come in 3 weeks. 

oh WOW!! super lucky girl!

Live, love, laugh.. and try not to think too much about USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
12 minutes ago, logisticamente said:

oh WOW!! super lucky girl!

yes i know! ugh i hate waiting.

I noticed you have an i485 interview date  already! thats awesome!

Did your case tracker update?

I am curious if you were in the "interview ready to schedule" at all or did it just go straight to interview scheduled.  I still havnt received an interview date and my case tracker updated to interview ready to schedule in january. 

Edited by Marzena & Stephen

4 hours ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

Was it the girl who posted in our old Whiners thread? :)
I just saw that!
Second one I noticed from Pittsburgh being so fast!

Btw, no movement on my side either!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.