dwheels76

NVC Filers - December 2017

763 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
7 hours ago, netri7 said:

Husband called NVC yesterday and we got a CC! SD=17Nov2017, CC=29Dec2017. I see the status has now changed to 'AT NVC' . I'm so happy!!

Congratulations

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Timeline
4 hours ago, kubes said:

Hi @sibz here we see each other again. Thank you for the detailed response.
So i think he told me that the Tax transcripts are the long ones like 10 pages. Then we'll send both of them, the transcripts and the W2. plus the pay stubs.

As far I understood it the criteria for the I864EZ are that 1.He is the petitioner who filed.

2.He is sponsoring just one person that is listed on the I130

3.The income is only based only on his salary and you have to show it with your W2.

And it seems like the I864 EZ is much shorter only 7 pages instead of 12. sounds good to me.

So the AOS package will have the

a)bar coded cover sheet that i will somehow get from the portal

b)as always a cover letter

c)Tax transcripts

d)W2 for the last 3-6 years

e)Pay stubs for the last 3 months

f)the original I864 EZ

g)employment letter that he can get either from his boss or the HR department which states since when he has been working there, his position, and his annual salary.

h) proof of domicile through his US passport and driving license ?!??

hope I didn't forget anything

The IV package will contain

a)bar coded cover sheet that i will again somehow get from the portal (Is it the same as the one for the AOS i guess not?i guess i'll get a new one when we pay the IV fee)

b)Cover letter

c)two passport photos of me (the beneficiary)

d)my birth certificate

e)marriage certificate

f)Copy of the first page of the Passport

g)Police certificates

Then put them both in different envelopes, mark which is which and then in another big envelope and them them together and hope that I don't get a checklist

One other question that i have is everything is going to be copys right, except for  the I864 EZ and bring the originals with me at the embassy together with bona fide marriage proof??

how can I prove that again if we don't have a joint account.

What we have is: 

he put me on his life insurance.

The landlord put my name on the lease.

We have a joint Macy's credit card. I got my own with my name on it.

And I think my name is on the papers when we adopted our cat in August while I was there.

So as a good student I took notes and asked questions. Sorry that my post are always so long. I'm just used of writing everything down so I don't forget anything.

As mentioned before:

1: You do NOT need to submit 3-6 years worth of Tax information..that is too much. I always say the simpler the better as long as you meet the requirements...The requirement is 1 year of tax transcripts+W2 for that year, OR optional the last 3 years...

2: Proof of domicile is for US citizens living abroad. 

3: the cover sheet for the IV is different, and yes you can get both of them from the payment portal

4: NVC no longer requires photos for the beneficiary. This will be requested at the interview. 

As far as proving the relationship. Every case is different and things change here in the US. Many banks now wont allow to add foreigner unless they are here....However here is what I think that most embassies look for:

Pictures, pictures, pictures in different occasions and with different family members.

Pictures for the wedding including family members if possible.

Visits to each other is important : tickets, photos

Chat transcripts....

Joint accounts : if you can obtain any....

And of course, you need to know as much as possible about your husband. 

Good luck .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

hello Guys, 

my case was approved at the USCIS on Dec. 15 in TX service center; how long is the average time to send it to the NVC? I talked to a tier 2 supervisor and he told me that it can take up to 60 days! :( He confirmed that it has not shipped yet! What's your experience for this center? 

I appreciate any input guys. 

Thanks 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Muhammadsheikhale said:

hello Guys, 

my case was approved at the USCIS on Dec. 15 in TX service center; how long is the average time to send it to the NVC? I talked to a tier 2 supervisor and he told me that it can take up to 60 days! :( He confirmed that it has not shipped yet! What's your experience for this center? 

Thanks 

Takes from 1 week to a month...there is just no fixed time...Mine took 3 weeks from approval date on Nov, 16, sent to department of state on Nov 30, and NVC received on Dec 7..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Muhammadsheikhale said:

hello Guys, 

Thanks 

It honestly depends, mine took 4 to 5 days to be sent. Hang in there!!

Service Center :Nebraska Service Center

Transferred?No

Consulate :Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage (if applicable):2016-12-24

I-130 Sent :2017-02-03

I-130 NOA1 :2017-02-07

I-130 RFE :2017-09-06

I-130 RFE Sent :2017-09-25

I-130 Approved :2017-10-05

NVC Received :2017-10-23

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :2017-10-27

Pay AOS Bill :2017-10-27

Receive I-864 Package :

Send AOS Package :2017-11-24

Submit DS-261 :2017-11-01

Receive IV Bill :2017-10-30

Pay IV Bill :2017-10-31

Send IV Package :2017-11-24

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :2018-01-29

Case Completed at NVC :2018-01-11

NVC Left :2018-01-12

Consulate Received :2018-01-16

Packet 3 Received :2018-01-29

Packet 3 Sent :2018-01-30

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :2018-02-01  Submit Review

Interview Result :Administrative Review

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
4 hours ago, No-Where-Man said:

As mentioned before:

1: You do NOT need to submit 3-6 years worth of Tax information..that is too much. I always say the simpler the better as long as you meet the requirements...The requirement is 1 year of tax transcripts+W2 for that year, OR optional the last 3 years...

2: Proof of domicile is for US citizens living abroad. 

3: the cover sheet for the IV is different, and yes you can get both of them from the payment portal

4: NVC no longer requires photos for the beneficiary. This will be requested at the interview. 

As far as proving the relationship. Every case is different and things change here in the US. Many banks now wont allow to add foreigner unless they are here....However here is what I think that most embassies look for:

Pictures, pictures, pictures in different occasions and with different family members.

Pictures for the wedding including family members if possible.

Visits to each other is important : tickets, photos

Chat transcripts....

Joint accounts : if you can obtain any....

And of course, you need to know as much as possible about your husband. 

Good luck .

Top. thank you very much.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

@sibz & @No-Where-Man we're having problem deciding which IRS transcripts do we need: the wage & income transcripts, return transcripts, record of account transcript or account transcript??

3 hours ago, tshafiq91 said:

It honestly depends, mine took 4 to 5 days to be sent. Hang in there!!

That was fast. Does it get sent to the department of state first and then the NVC?

Edited by kubes

Timeline
30 minutes ago, kubes said:

@sibz & @No-Where-Man we're having problem deciding which IRS transcripts do we need: the wage & income transcripts, return transcripts, record of account transcript or account transcript??

That was fast. Does it get sent to the department of state first and then the NVC?

What is meant by the DOS is NVC...same. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
7 hours ago, kubes said:

Both are the same thing. After UCSIC it goes straight to NVC.

Service Center :Nebraska Service Center

Transferred?No

Consulate :Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage (if applicable):2016-12-24

I-130 Sent :2017-02-03

I-130 NOA1 :2017-02-07

I-130 RFE :2017-09-06

I-130 RFE Sent :2017-09-25

I-130 Approved :2017-10-05

NVC Received :2017-10-23

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :2017-10-27

Pay AOS Bill :2017-10-27

Receive I-864 Package :

Send AOS Package :2017-11-24

Submit DS-261 :2017-11-01

Receive IV Bill :2017-10-30

Pay IV Bill :2017-10-31

Send IV Package :2017-11-24

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :2018-01-29

Case Completed at NVC :2018-01-11

NVC Left :2018-01-12

Consulate Received :2018-01-16

Packet 3 Received :2018-01-29

Packet 3 Sent :2018-01-30

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :2018-02-01  Submit Review

Interview Result :Administrative Review

14 hours ago, Muhammadsheikhale said:

hello Guys, 

Thanks 

My case was approved on the 14th November and it was sent to NVC on the 27th December 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, kubes said:

Do you know which IRS transcript we should send?

There is the account transcript and the return transcript...you need the return transcript..u can get tht online from IRS. 

Timeline
10 hours ago, No-Where-Man said:

What is meant by the DOS is NVC...same. 

NVC is a contractor doing the business of collecting documents and forms on behalf of the DOS for visa processing....so USCIS send the petition to NVC for processing on behalf of DOS, and once done they schedule the interview and send all the papers to the appropriate consulate

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Do i hvave to get two cover letters for AOS and iv fee?

On 12/30/2017 at 6:31 AM, Godgrace said:

It can happen, I would not worry about it now. 

Thanks for the info

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.