dwheels76

NVC Filers - December 2017

763 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Cameroon
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Netta said:

Hi did you do the fingerprint clearance or the name and DOB from the RCMP?

We had to get a police clearance from Canada also because my husband lived there years ago but we obtained it using his name, date of birth and previous address

We did fingerprint clearance with RCMP using a third party agency 

Edited by Godgrace

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Netta said:

Hi did you do the fingerprint clearance or the name and DOB from the RCMP?

We had to get a police clearance from Canada also because my husband lived there years ago but we obtained it using his name, date of birth and previous address

Edited by Yoyogi

Timeline
1 minute ago, Yoyogi said:

My vi fee changed back to Pay Now after i have made payment and was confirmed paid. Has any one had such experience? 

It can happen, I would not worry about it now. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Husband called NVC yesterday and we got a CC! SD=17Nov2017, CC=29Dec2017. I see the status has now changed to 'AT NVC' . I'm so happy!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
51 minutes ago, netri7 said:

Husband called NVC yesterday and we got a CC! SD=17Nov2017, CC=29Dec2017. I see the status has now changed to 'AT NVC' . I'm so happy!!

Congrats:)

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, netri7 said:

Congrats ! NVC just ended the year properly for u .. 

On 12/21/2017 at 6:43 AM, Adlsdk said:

Anyone with march priority date still waiting? 

Congrats. That looks really quick. So about 4 weeks after submitting your packages you got the interview date scheduled. Did you mail the documents via FedEx or something like that to ensure it reached them safely?

I130 arrived at Nebraska Service Center - March 29, 2017

NOA1 Received April 4th

Verbal confirmation petition was approved December 26th

Approval letter sent by mail on the 26th of December - still not received (live in CZ)

NOA2 Received via email January 4th

NVC received package from USCIS on January 10th (verbally confirmed on the 18th)

Case Number & Invoice # issued on January 25th but given on the 26th.

DS261 submitted on January 29th

AOS fee paid on January 31st

IV fee paid on the 3rd of February - received the email this morning as well with the fee. Money taken out of account on the 6th.

IV fee shown as paid and DS-260 open on the 13th of February. 

DS-260 submitted on the13th February

IV and AOS documents mailed on the 13th February 

Scan Date February 17th. 

CC February 28th :)  

Interviewed scheduled on the 17th of March for April 3rd. 

Interview completed and visa approved on April 3rd. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Marquon said:

Hello everyone I've been following this forum for a while now,I woke up to a cc yesterday morning,I'm the beneficiary.My husband called NVC and they told him our case was complete on December 28,scan date is November 28, however I must say this was after he called in to check on my case,so that's four weeks exactly, keep calling guys and good luck to everyone 😇 .

congratulations. now off to the interview. would you please update your timeline?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
6 hours ago, sibz said:

Congrats!!!

1) Tax reports are the IRS copy you get when your spouse filed the taxes of that year, whereas W2 is the copy given out by the employer of your spouse given to him. If he can get Tax transcript from IRS, that will be the best one. If not, he needs both copy of Tax return filed and W2. Providing pay stubs will be good to showing the current income. If he can provide 3 months of it or 6 months of it. I am sending 3 months of it.

2) If he meets the poverty guidelines and he is the sole sponsor for you and you are the only person he sponsoring, then he can use I864 ez, thats an option and have less pages, but he needs to meet 3 criteria. He can use I864 normal one.

3) i did not gave them either. we both got emails from NVC.

4) Scan date is the date when they scan your packages you sent to NVC to their system. From the scan date, the average case complete is 6 weeks. They say 6-11 weeks

5) DS-261, DS-260, AOS fee and IV fee are done online. You send AOS and IV packages by mail

6). So far in our case, they did not contact benficiary. I guess they going contact the agent you choose when u fill out DS-261

I hope this clears some doubts. feel free message me. I am in NVC stage. Just paid IV fee now waiting to DS-260 open and then sent our package

Hi @sibz here we see each other again. Thank you for the detailed response.
So i think he told me that the Tax transcripts are the long ones like 10 pages. Then we'll send both of them, the transcripts and the W2. plus the pay stubs.

As far I understood it the criteria for the I864EZ are that 1.He is the petitioner who filed.

2.He is sponsoring just one person that is listed on the I130

3.The income is only based only on his salary and you have to show it with your W2.

And it seems like the I864 EZ is much shorter only 7 pages instead of 12. sounds good to me.

So the AOS package will have the

a)bar coded cover sheet that i will somehow get from the portal

b)as always a cover letter

c)Tax transcripts

d)W2 for the last 3-6 years

e)Pay stubs for the last 3 months

f)the original I864 EZ

g)employment letter that he can get either from his boss or the HR department which states since when he has been working there, his position, and his annual salary.

h) proof of domicile through his US passport and driving license ?!??

hope I didn't forget anything

The IV package will contain

a)bar coded cover sheet that i will again somehow get from the portal (Is it the same as the one for the AOS i guess not?i guess i'll get a new one when we pay the IV fee)

b)Cover letter

c)two passport photos of me (the beneficiary)

d)my birth certificate

e)marriage certificate

f)Copy of the first page of the Passport

g)Police certificates

Then put them both in different envelopes, mark which is which and then in another big envelope and them them together and hope that I don't get a checklist

One other question that i have is everything is going to be copys right, except for  the I864 EZ and bring the originals with me at the embassy together with bona fide marriage proof??

how can I prove that again if we don't have a joint account.

What we have is: 

he put me on his life insurance.

The landlord put my name on the lease.

We have a joint Macy's credit card. I got my own with my name on it.

And I think my name is on the papers when we adopted our cat in August while I was there.

So as a good student I took notes and asked questions. Sorry that my post are always so long. I'm just used of writing everything down so I don't forget anything.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, kubes said:

Hi @sibz here we see each other again. Thank you for the detailed response.
So i think he told me that the Tax transcripts are the long ones like 10 pages. Then we'll send both of them, the transcripts and the W2. plus the pay stubs.

As far I understood it the criteria for the I864EZ are that 1.He is the petitioner who filed.

2.He is sponsoring just one person that is listed on the I130

3.The income is only based only on his salary and you have to show it with your W2.

And it seems like the I864 EZ is much shorter only 7 pages instead of 12. sounds good to me.

So the AOS package will have the

a)bar coded cover sheet that i will somehow get from the portal

b)as always a cover letter

c)Tax transcripts

d)W2 for the last 3-6 years

e)Pay stubs for the last 3 months

f)the original I864 EZ

g)employment letter that he can get either from his boss or the HR department which states since when he has been working there, his position, and his annual salary.

h) proof of domicile through his US passport and driving license ?!??

hope I didn't forget anything

The IV package will contain

a)bar coded cover sheet that i will again somehow get from the portal (Is it the same as the one for the AOS i guess not?i guess i'll get a new one when we pay the IV fee)

b)Cover letter

c)two passport photos of me (the beneficiary)

d)my birth certificate

e)marriage certificate

f)Copy of the first page of the Passport

g)Police certificates

Then put them both in different envelopes, mark which is which and then in another big envelope and them them together and hope that I don't get a checklist

One other question that i have is everything is going to be copys right, except for  the I864 EZ and bring the originals with me at the embassy together with bona fide marriage proof??

how can I prove that again if we don't have a joint account.

What we have is: 

he put me on his life insurance.

The landlord put my name on the lease.

We have a joint Macy's credit card. I got my own with my name on it.

And I think my name is on the papers when we adopted our cat in August while I was there.

So as a good student I took notes and asked questions. Sorry that my post are always so long. I'm just used of writing everything down so I don't forget anything.

Yes you got it right. Barcode cover sheet you get it online after you pay each fees. you will get one for AOS and one for IV

you sent copies of everything except I864 EZ.

Your husband is in US, if so they you did not need the proof of domicile. It is only for US citizen who is not living in US and they need to prove they coming back to US

You bring originals to embassy with pics of you guys. Follow someone who is from your country who recently have interview so you have clue what to bring. It all depends on the CO to ask you. Sometimes they ask sometimes they dont. But bring everything so you will not be sorry later.

Good luck, almost there :)

Good Luck

CR1 Journey for US Citizen (USC) with Spouse (India)

Service Center: Potomac Service Center

5/22/17 - Got married

6/6/17 - Mailed I-130 via UPS to Chicago Lockbox 6/7/17 - Received by USCIS; Priority Date (PD)

12/4/17 - I-130 Visa Petition Approved :) 

12/8/17- Email & Text message and website change to Case was sent to the Department of State 12/9/17 - NOA2 I-797 received in mail

12/13/17 - NVC received our case

12/21/17 - Received Welcome letter and AOS invoice from NVC thru email,Case number and invoice number assigned

12/22/17- Submit DS-261, Paid AOS fee

12/26/17 - AOS fee confirmed by bank and status change to paid in website

12/28/17 -  Received email for DS-261 confirmation and IV Invoice

12/29/17 - Paid IV fee

01/03/18 -  IV fee status change to paid in website and DS-260 open, DS-260 submitted, AOS & IV Package mailed

01/05/18 - AOS & IV package received by NVC

01/09/18 - Scan date 

01/13/18 - Case Completed. Called NVC on 1/16/18 to confirm

01/30/18 - Called NVC to find Interview is schedule for 3/15/18

02/1/18 - Received Email from NVC for interview letter PK4 dated 01/31/18

02/6/18 - Left from NVC (called on 02/07 to confirm and status changed on 2/7/18 to "In Transit")

02/8/18 - Reached at Mumbai Embassy (status changed on 2/8/18 from "In Transit" to "Ready")

03/9/18 - Medical at 8:30 at Mumbai Done

03/12/18 - Biometrics at 9:30 at Mumbai Done

03/15/18- Interview- Approved

03/19/18- Passport and Visa arrived at Blue Dart Trivandrum pickup location

03/21/18-Passport and Visa picked up

03/23/18- The USCIS Immigrant fee ($220) paid

04/26/18-POE at Chicago :) 

5/7/18-SS Card received

5/18/18-GC status on USCIS website change to Card is being produced

5/29/18- Green Card Received

ROC Journey

02/18/2020- Sent the ROC form and other documents to Phoenix AZ

02/21/2020 - Received ROC at Phoenix AZ

02/27/2020 - Check cashed and received text with receipt # MSC

03/02/2020 - Received NOA1 I-797 in mail dated 02/26/2020

03/14/2020 - Biometrics letter received in mail, notice date 03/06/2020 appointment 03/26/2020, Got cancelled because of Covid19 Closure

11/20/2020 - Received new Biometrics letter for 12/08/2020 appointment Done

12/09/2020 -  Status change to Case is Ready to be Scheduled for An interview

09/09/2021 - Status change to Interview was Scheduled

10/28/2021 - Interview date

Timeline
6 hours ago, netri7 said:

Congratulations! 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Marquon said:

Hello everyone I've been following this forum for a while now,I woke up to a cc yesterday morning,I'm the beneficiary.My husband called NVC and they told him our case was complete on December 28,scan date is November 28, however I must say this was after he called in to check on my case,so that's four weeks exactly, keep calling guys and good luck to everyone 😇 .

Congratulations! We have the same SD and my case is already under review, which means that next week should bring us some exciting news. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.