dwheels76

NVC Filers - December 2017

763 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 12/24/2017 at 1:39 PM, Cal & Chat said:

Hi! We're new here. Our NOA2 was on Dec 13. We're calling NVC on Dec 26 to check if they already received our case from Potomac. What should we ask and what's the next step? 😬

Hope to get some input from anyone here. Thanks! Merry Christmas to all!! 🎄🎉

Hi,

Did you hear anything from NVC?

1 minute ago, Shaista & Aaftab said:

Hi,

Did you hear anything from NVC?

My husband called NVC this afternoon and they told him that they have not received our case yet and to call 2 weeks after the approval date.  He will call back on January 2 coz I guess USPS and everyone are busy this holiday season.  Hopefully they receive it soon and we can get our case number and invoice number.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, Cal & Chat said:

My husband called NVC this afternoon and they told him that they have not received our case yet and to call 2 weeks after the approval date.  He will call back on January 2 coz I guess USPS and everyone are busy this holiday season.  Hopefully they receive it soon and we can get our case number and invoice number.

We received our approval on December 01, and when asked NV -they say the same - 'not recieved yet.' :(

Though the USCIS says they have sent.

7 minutes ago, Shaista & Aaftab said:

We received our approval on December 01, and when asked NV -they say the same - 'not recieved yet.' :(

Though the USCIS says they have sent.

Oh :(

I will tell my husband to call and confirm USCIS if they already sent our case to NVC, and also ask when :(

On 12/22/2017 at 2:24 AM, Hbgarcia25 said:

I hope so. But I will continue to call and see what’s going on. 

What does your ceac status say?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
20 hours ago, Michael2017 said:

Hi,

I have 2 questions:

1. would it be better to hole punch the documents and add them in a folder, so that they can easily take them out for scanning and put it back.

I think this would prevent lost docs but also there would be holes in the docs. So not sure.

2. Do you write really on each document your case number? For me this would destroy the validity of the document submitted

as you overwrite part of it. I would assume putting the case number on the back of the document copy would be the better version.

If they lose it they can still see the case number on the back. Any suggestion here?

3. Has someone "side loaded" at NVC with new relationship documents (boarding passes, new photos)? I plan to do so,

but don`t know if this part should come on the end of the package or on the top.

You are over complicating things. Do NOT punch any holes or staple any papers together. Paperclips will work. Do not write your case number on each document. And do not send pictures of boarding passes or new photos. This might end up confusing them and they might lose your some of your papers in the process. Just follow the instructions that they gave you and you're going to be fine.  

i-130 received by USCIS on 1/06/2017

NOA1 1/10/2017

NVC received my case 10/11/2017

NVC received my AOS (Scan date) 11/9/2017

Case Complete on 12/13/2017

Interview is on 2/1/2018

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
5 minutes ago, european_nomad said:

You are over complicating things. Do NOT punch any holes or staple any papers together. Paperclips will work. Do not write your case number on each document. And do not send pictures of boarding passes or new photos. This might end up confusing them and they might lose your some of your papers in the process. Just follow the instructions that they gave you and you're going to be fine.  

Side loading is common and recommended in many cases by senior members here.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
Just now, Michael2017 said:

Side loading is common and recommended in many cases by senior members here.

To each his own. I followed the instructions given by the NVC and had absolutely 0 problems.

i-130 received by USCIS on 1/06/2017

NOA1 1/10/2017

NVC received my case 10/11/2017

NVC received my AOS (Scan date) 11/9/2017

Case Complete on 12/13/2017

Interview is on 2/1/2018

4 hours ago, Japanese Eyed said:

What does your ceac status say?

I called yesterday and it’s still under supervisor review 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Lazybones18 said:

seems like NVC slowed down for Holidays

Yawnsss !!!!

Ya:(

what's your scan date?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Just now, Captain123 said:

Ya:(

what's your scan date?

SD 11/21

hey does your status shows this .. see attached...

even though i submitted docs it still shows this

isl.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Lazybones18 said:

SD 11/21

isl.jpg

Mins status show this even that i submitted documents 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lazybones18 said:

SD 11/21

isl.jpg

That's normal, Don't worry about it. It will change to "At NVC" when you have case complete:).

Best Of Luck☺️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.