dwheels76

NVC Filers - December 2017

763 posts in this topic

Just called in and its an Case Complete. 

Scan Date 9 Nov 2017

CC 14 Dec 2017

It got updated today showing at Nvc but aos had disappered long time back, and she told me it was completed on dec 14 2017 and now just waiting for appointment, her guess is early February.... Mumbai  

On 12/16/2017 at 9:05 AM, I&A/T said:

I am still going over everything carefully in preparation for sending to the NVC, but I feel uncertain about which I-864 form to use.  I have completed and printed the  I-864, but should I be using the I-864EZ?   I am sponsoring my alien spouse and using my sole income from my employment as the basis for financial proof (no assets or joint sponsor).  Could someone put my mind at ease about which form I should be using?

On 12/16/2017 at 9:20 AM, aindian310 said:

I was in same situation as you, I did I864-EZ. Just make sure you submit your W2s or IRS transcripts with W2 information.

You're not alone! Some of the instructions are confusing, and other times even if it seems clear (I also should be using the EZ but was not positive), it's scary to think you could make a mistake!

Someone told me a combo of forms I sent would trigger a RFE but I didn't get one! I still don't know which forms to submit with the EZ form but I'm going to double check. THAT seems confusing because they list things you're not meant to send like IIRC the police certificate. 

Also, in 2014 my income was below the threshold to sponsor so I wonder if three years of tax transcripts will help or hurt. I have an income verification letter for this year. 

03/17/2017: Married

04/07/2017: Sent I-130 to Chicago lockbox

04/13/2017: Received confirmation text

04/17/2017: Received hardcopy NOA1 (TSC)

24 minutes ago, Izba said:

It is a case complete. 

1st scan date - 9/13/2017

2nd scan date - 11/13/2017

CC - 12/15/2017

waiting for an interview date. No idea how long it will take. 

I'm jusy curious, why do people have a second scan date? 

Edited by HisForeverWife

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
40 minutes ago, kimfrombabylon said:

You're not alone! Some of the instructions are confusing, and other times even if it seems clear (I also should be using the EZ but was not positive), it's scary to think you could make a mistake!

Someone told me a combo of forms I sent would trigger a RFE but I didn't get one! I still don't know which forms to submit with the EZ form but I'm going to double check. THAT seems confusing because they list things you're not meant to send like IIRC the police certificate. 

Also, in 2014 my income was below the threshold to sponsor so I wonder if three years of tax transcripts will help or hurt. I have an income verification letter for this year. 

Well I think we should take the safe road most responses recommended  that I should use the regular form 

18 minutes ago, I&A/T said:

Well I think we should take the safe road most responses recommended  that I should use the regular form 

I do too (but that may have delayed my I-130 approval), but is there any reason NOT to use the EZ if you fit the conditions?

It sucks we're all second guessing these basic instructions. We're all adults, it should be clearer. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, kimfrombabylon said:

I do too (but that may have delayed my I-130 approval), but is there any reason NOT to use the EZ if you fit the conditions?

It sucks we're all second guessing these basic instructions. We're all adults, it should be clearer. 

No specific reason some vj members fit for the form as we do but they didn’t use it a member said that he got an rfe for sending that form despite of fitting for using it 

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, kimfrombabylon said:

I think in your case if your 2014 income was below the threshold then only send in last year's tax transcript along with W2 info from IRS.

7 minutes ago, I&A/T said:

No specific reason some vj members fit for the form as we do but they didn’t use it a member said that he got an rfe for sending that form despite of fitting for using it 

Was that in this thread? I'd like to read the post!

I was advised at the last minute to redo my I-130 because it was better to use the new form. But then the forms weren't matched. Then someone told me I'd DEFINITELY get an RFE and I didn't. But both times the advice I heeded ended up being inaccurate.

Is there any evidence the other form is preferred over the I-864EZ? My concern would be that by not submitting the form matching my situation (sole qualified sponsor) they'll expect a joint sponsor or consider me potentially in need of one. But if there's advice to the contrary I'd like to know too!

TBH I think they don't care too much on the receiving end and may we both get speedy approvals!

1 minute ago, aindian310 said:

I think in your case if your 2014 income was below the threshold then only send in last year's tax transcript along with W2 info from IRS.

I was thinking that too- I definitely want to breeze through this step and there are so many variables!

Timeline
34 minutes ago, kimfrombabylon said:

Was that in this thread? I'd like to read the post!

I was advised at the last minute to redo my I-130 because it was better to use the new form. But then the forms weren't matched. Then someone told me I'd DEFINITELY get an RFE and I didn't. But both times the advice I heeded ended up being inaccurate.

Is there any evidence the other form is preferred over the I-864EZ? My concern would be that by not submitting the form matching my situation (sole qualified sponsor) they'll expect a joint sponsor or consider me potentially in need of one. But if there's advice to the contrary I'd like to know too!

TBH I think they don't care too much on the receiving end and may we both get speedy approvals!

I 130 do you mean the uscis because I am talking about the Nvc stage!, anyway if you wanna see the thread and the comments just go to my profile and then see my last topics you will find it 

2 hours ago, HisForeverWife said:

I'm jusy curious, why do people have a second scan date? 

Checlist.. NVC said that I haven’t included my affidavit of support form (which my attorney probably did). So I sent it again and finally it is over!

1 hour ago, I&A/T said:

I 130 do you mean the uscis because I am talking about the Nvc stage!, anyway if you wanna see the thread and the comments just go to my profile and then see my last topics you will find it 

I am talking about the NVC stage as well, but referencing my previous experiences in earlier stages. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.