dwheels76

NVC Filers - December 2017

763 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Godgrace said:

Congrats and thanks for signing up just to share that with us. Hopefully I will also soon post a similar news

Thank you and it's not a problem! Wishing that everyone here will get CC's very soooon :dancing:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Noa1 - 9 th May 2017

Texas , i-130

approved on 9th December 2017

got letter of approval on 13th December 2017 

letter says” case approved and sent to nvc” 

what to do now ?? M confused 

please let me knw for the further steps 

Timeline
12 hours ago, truelove29 said:

Yes, it's possible they may not update the status online even after they send it. So you can call USCIS & ask if or when it will be sent. But since October it seems they are taking 4-5 weeks to mail them, according to quite a few visa journey members. I will call next week when I'm back in the U.S. if they haven't sent mine by then. 

I got the letter on 13th Dec 2017 says” case approved and sent to nvc” 

online status says” case received” 

that is fine to me bcz now a days they r not updated status online. They will update my status later.

My question is now , what should i do ? Shal i wait for nvc letter or pay fees online ? 

Hi everyone..

my husband filed for 1-130 for me, and to the best of our knowledge, we thought we filed for the whole fam in a single petition, me(wife of us citizen) and our 2 kiddos(6y/o and 8y/o, kids of us citizen) but now when we gonna pay for iv fee, there was an error so my husband called nvc, he also ask if he’s paying for 3 persons but then they told us that my case is only single petition, im the principal applicant, we thought our kids are derivatives.. is there a chance to include them so that we have same time immigrating? What can we do in this case? It took us to wait for 10mos to be approved..😪 it seems like there going to restart processing again..🤕🤒 please help..thank you..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Info9909 said:

that is fine to me bcz now a days they r not updated status online. They will update my status later.

My question is now , what should i do ? Shal i wait for nvc letter or pay fees online ? 

I got my approval letter too on Dec 7th And on Dec 14 my case said sent to department of state..my confuse now is I dont Know if i should call nvc and give them our email address or wait for them to contact us in the mailbox 

Timeline
8 hours ago, I&A/T said:

Can anyone help with this please 

we just got our case number and invoice number when we try to select an agent we don’t find that option is that normal 

C86E3D40-2349-4155-8D38-6B2D86EFDA0A.png

I&T how do you get you case number? Do you call them and give them your email address to email you? Or you wait for them to send it on the mailbox for you?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
1 hour ago, Info9909 said:

You need your case number & invoice number in order to pay the fees. You can call NVC next week & see if they received your file & have those numbers for you. You can keep calling them everyday after they received it & to see if they have the numbers.

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
1 hour ago, Info9909 said:

Btw, all approval notices say that it was sent to NVC, but that doesn't mean they physically put it in the mail yet. I'm hoping Texas speeds up with sending them. So maybe call USCIS first to see if they actually mailed it. 

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Chucks said:

I&T how do you get you case number? Do you call them and give them your email address to email you? Or you wait for them to send it on the mailbox for you?

Don't be afraid to call them. Just call them and say that you want to confirm some things that you are unclear of. Make sure your NVC case number and invoice ID number ready to give them at the beginning of the call. Then just say 'i'd like to confirm my email address for you guys". Don't be shy, that's their job. 

i-130 received by USCIS on 1/06/2017

NOA1 1/10/2017

NVC received my case 10/11/2017

NVC received my AOS (Scan date) 11/9/2017

Case Complete on 12/13/2017

Interview is on 2/1/2018

Timeline
9 minutes ago, european_nomad said:

Don't be afraid to call them. Just call them and say that you want to confirm some things that you are unclear of. Make sure your NVC case number and invoice ID number ready to give them at the beginning of the call. Then just say 'i'd like to confirm my email address for you guys". Don't be shy, that's their job. 

Thank you..today is Saturday here,I will have to call Monday 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

I am still going over everything carefully in preparation for sending to the NVC, but I feel uncertain about which I-864 form to use.  I have completed and printed the  I-864, but should I be using the I-864EZ?   I am sponsoring my alien spouse and using my sole income from my employment as the basis for financial proof (no assets or joint sponsor).  Could someone put my mind at ease about which form I should be using?

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
14 minutes ago, I&A/T said:

I am still going over everything carefully in preparation for sending to the NVC, but I feel uncertain about which I-864 form to use.  I have completed and printed the  I-864, but should I be using the I-864EZ?   I am sponsoring my alien spouse and using my sole income from my employment as the basis for financial proof (no assets or joint sponsor).  Could someone put my mind at ease about which form I should be using?

I was in same situation as you, I did I864-EZ. Just make sure you submit your W2s or IRS transcripts with W2 information.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Chucks said:

No mail box first you call they will give you a case number and invoice number and after a day or two you will receive Nvc welcome letter via Email 

Timeline
31 minutes ago, I&A/T said:

for your case, either I-864 or I-864 EZ. Everyone can fill out I-864. But only few can fill out I-864EZ if they qualify for it. 

To qualify for I-864Ez

All three of the following are true:

1.You filed a Form I-130 petition for your relative;

2.There is only one applicant on the Form I-130 petition; and

3.The income you are using to qualify is based entirely on your salary or pension and is shown on one or more Forms W-2 provided by your employer(s) or former employer(s).

CR1 Journey for US Citizen (USC) with Spouse (India)

Service Center: Potomac Service Center

5/22/17 - Got married

6/6/17 - Mailed I-130 via UPS to Chicago Lockbox 6/7/17 - Received by USCIS; Priority Date (PD)

12/4/17 - I-130 Visa Petition Approved :) 

12/8/17- Email & Text message and website change to Case was sent to the Department of State 12/9/17 - NOA2 I-797 received in mail

12/13/17 - NVC received our case

12/21/17 - Received Welcome letter and AOS invoice from NVC thru email,Case number and invoice number assigned

12/22/17- Submit DS-261, Paid AOS fee

12/26/17 - AOS fee confirmed by bank and status change to paid in website

12/28/17 -  Received email for DS-261 confirmation and IV Invoice

12/29/17 - Paid IV fee

01/03/18 -  IV fee status change to paid in website and DS-260 open, DS-260 submitted, AOS & IV Package mailed

01/05/18 - AOS & IV package received by NVC

01/09/18 - Scan date 

01/13/18 - Case Completed. Called NVC on 1/16/18 to confirm

01/30/18 - Called NVC to find Interview is schedule for 3/15/18

02/1/18 - Received Email from NVC for interview letter PK4 dated 01/31/18

02/6/18 - Left from NVC (called on 02/07 to confirm and status changed on 2/7/18 to "In Transit")

02/8/18 - Reached at Mumbai Embassy (status changed on 2/8/18 from "In Transit" to "Ready")

03/9/18 - Medical at 8:30 at Mumbai Done

03/12/18 - Biometrics at 9:30 at Mumbai Done

03/15/18- Interview- Approved

03/19/18- Passport and Visa arrived at Blue Dart Trivandrum pickup location

03/21/18-Passport and Visa picked up

03/23/18- The USCIS Immigrant fee ($220) paid

04/26/18-POE at Chicago :) 

5/7/18-SS Card received

5/18/18-GC status on USCIS website change to Card is being produced

5/29/18- Green Card Received

ROC Journey

02/18/2020- Sent the ROC form and other documents to Phoenix AZ

02/21/2020 - Received ROC at Phoenix AZ

02/27/2020 - Check cashed and received text with receipt # MSC

03/02/2020 - Received NOA1 I-797 in mail dated 02/26/2020

03/14/2020 - Biometrics letter received in mail, notice date 03/06/2020 appointment 03/26/2020, Got cancelled because of Covid19 Closure

11/20/2020 - Received new Biometrics letter for 12/08/2020 appointment Done

12/09/2020 -  Status change to Case is Ready to be Scheduled for An interview

09/09/2021 - Status change to Interview was Scheduled

10/28/2021 - Interview date

Timeline
51 minutes ago, I&A/T said:

No mail box first you call they will give you a case number and invoice number and after a day or two you will receive Nvc welcome letter via Email 

Thank you 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.