1,118 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, lindinhos96 said:

That's awesome, congratulations! I was approved just after you and they recently asked for names and DOB when I called (usually a precursor to getting the case number). Do you know what your NVC receive date was?

I didn't call NVC ...I just waited so all I know is that today they emailed us with our case number :) they have not asked for any info before this.  

Let's hope you 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, lindinhos96 said:

That's awesome, congratulations! I was approved just after you and they recently asked for names and DOB when I called (usually a precursor to getting the case number). Do you know what your NVC receive date was?

So...I looked a little closer and found the date my case was received at NVC....June 21st.  And June 22nd is the date we received case number 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
12 hours ago, mnoman said:

we already created an account at https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/  nothing is there we tried to call uscis but they said we might hear from them in 60 days. should we try to make service request online ?

You can try make the service request they will send you email stating that your requested service request and probably will be period of 3 weeks till u get reply but that service request will make you easy access a tier 2 supervisor as if you wana skip speaking with the operator you can always say i wanna a tier 2 supervisor as i have a service request and there is something you dont understand which tier2 can give more information i think better make that no harm .

All the luck for your case.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
18 hours ago, mumbles1416 said:

I didn't call NVC ...I just waited so all I know is that today they emailed us with our case number :) they have not asked for any info before this.  

Let's hope you 

Thanks for the information yesterday. I got my case number yesterday (just over three weeks from the NVC receive date). :-) Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
23 hours ago, tawakol said:

You can try make the service request they will send you email stating that your requested service request and probably will be period of 3 weeks till u get reply but that service request will make you easy access a tier 2 supervisor as if you wana skip speaking with the operator you can always say i wanna a tier 2 supervisor as i have a service request and there is something you dont understand which tier2 can give more information i think better make that no harm .

All the luck for your case.

we have already talked to tire 2 guy he said due to alot of work load we are behind and there is nothing wrong with our application and we will hear from them in 60 days if not then you can send us the inquiry.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 hour ago, mnoman said:

we have already talked to tire 2 guy he said due to alot of work load we are behind and there is nothing wrong with our application and we will hear from them in 60 days if not then you can send us the inquiry.

i recommend you make that service request online that no  harm from .

On 6/22/2018 at 6:04 PM, mumbles1416 said:

Yes.... well I'm assuming so.  I was given access to CEAC .  Is it faster for a pivot case??

Pivot is significantly faster in my experience. 

Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome to the 2018 Waiting Games.

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 1:04 PM, ramesesthe2nd said:

Yes. NVC will send you a doc that will list all the docs you need to provide. Just be patient. It will become clear when you get a response from NVC with a case number. 

Please fill in your timeline. It helps others and also help us answer your questions better.

I am petitioner for my stepson.

Petition submitted to Potomac on Oct 13

Approved on June 21

Are you also petitioning for your stepchild? Did you file I-864? I am a bit confuse how to enter value for "Part 6 Item 7 My current individual annual income is:" in case I am unemployed and will use household member sponsor. Thanks.

1 hour ago, LinaHugo said:

I am petitioner for my stepson.

Petition submitted to Potomac on Oct 13

Approved on June 21

Are you also petitioning for your stepchild? Did you file I-864? I am a bit confuse how to enter value for "Part 6 Item 7 My current individual annual income is:" in case I am unemployed and will use household member sponsor. Thanks.

I am petitioning my wife. I did file I-864.

If you are unemployed your income will be zero and you will need a joint sponsor. Read instructions for I-864 and hopefully it will answer your questions. https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864instr.pdf

3 minutes ago, ramesesthe2nd said:

I am petitioning my wife. I did file I-864.

If you are unemployed your income will be zero and you will need a joint sponsor. Read instructions for I-864 and hopefully it will answer your questions. https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864instr.pdf

@ramesesthe2nd Thank you for your quick response.

How long you received NOA2 and case number assigned?

4 minutes ago, LinaHugo said:

@ramesesthe2nd Thank you for your quick response.

How long you received NOA2 and case number assigned?

You can see my dates on my timeline here: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=277256

NOA 2 took 6 months. 

Case number took 6 weeks from NOA 2. 

4 hours ago, ramesesthe2nd said:

You can see my dates on my timeline here: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=277256

NOA 2 took 6 months. 

Case number took 6 weeks from NOA 2. 

I have read the instruction of I864 but still a bit un-clear for item 24a Part 6. Did you use Total Income line or Adjust gross income line from IRS tax transcript to input for this field?

1 hour ago, LinaHugo said:

I have read the instruction of I864 but still a bit un-clear for item 24a Part 6. Did you use Total Income line or Adjust gross income line from IRS tax transcript to input for this field?

Part 6 Q 24 is reported wages on your W2. This is the amount reported on Box 1 in W2. Total Income from IRS transcripts.

44 minutes ago, Maan17 said:

Do we upload only one picture of the applicant on ceac?

Yes. A passport style pic of the applicant. 

You can add a couple extra pics of you and your spouse in additional docs section below, if you'd like. That's what I did. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.