1,118 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 hour ago, mnoman said:

we are on the same boat NOA1 31st October 2017 and still nothing no idea how they are processing

something must be wrong try make service request online by submitting outside normal time and also you can create account on here https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ . 

hope you hear from them soon  

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 12:24 PM, Beast8 said:

So guys today i received emaiL that my (passport is ready for pickup)

Visa issued on 14 June,IR 2

P.D 10 OCT

Hopefully i will pick passport tomorrow and off to U.S on this weekend😂

Secondly how to pay greencard fees before going ?

Hi Beast8, may I ask you some questions? Can you please list out steps you have done after NVC got your case until got the Visa issued? Did you receive any mail during this process? I really want to learn your experience to prepare for mine. Thanks so much.

2 hours ago, LinaHugo said:

Hi Beast8, may I ask you some questions? Can you please list out steps you have done after NVC got your case until got the Visa issued? Did you receive any mail during this process? I really want to learn your experience to prepare for mine. Thanks so much.

USCIS Stage:

1. NOA 1: USCIS received your case
  2. NOA 2: USCIS approved your case (6 to 11 months)
  3. Case sent to NVC: USCIS mails your case to NVC ( 2 to 3 weeks)

NVC Stage:

1. NVC assign your case number: ~ 2 months
  2. You complete DS261 and DS260 online: (Up to you. Most people take about a week)
  3. You then either upload all your docs online (PIVOT Case) or submit them by mail (NON-PIVOT). 
  4. NVC then reviews your case and either accepts them or send you a checklist for missing/incorrect docs ( ~ 1 to 2 months)
  5. If you get a checklist that means another 1 to 2 months
  6. If all your documents are accepted by NVC (called Case Complete (CC)), NVC schedules an interview appointment and sends case to your local embassy ( ~ 1 month)
  7. Inteview date is typically a month or two from CC
  8. You must get medical done before the interview
  9. If your visa is approved at the interview, NVC issues you a visa in a few days (~ 1 week) after the interview

This article cover everything in a lot more detail: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Edited by ramesesthe2nd

Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome to the 2018 Waiting Games.

12 minutes ago, ramesesthe2nd said:

USCIS Stage:

1. NOA 1: USCIS received your case
  2. NOA 2: USCIS approved your case (6 to 11 months)
  3. Case sent to NVC: USCIS mails your case to NVC ( 2 to 3 weeks)

NVC Stage:

1. NVC assign your case number: ~ 2 months
  2. You complete DS261 and DS260 online: (Up to you. Most people take about a week)
  3. You then either upload all your docs online (PIVOT Case) or submit them by mail (NON-PIVOT). 
  4. NVC then reviews your case and either accepts them or send you a checklist for missing/incorrect docs ( ~ 1 to 2 months)
  5. If you get a checklist that means another 1 to 2 months
  6. If all your documents are accepted by NVC (called Case Complete (CC)), NVC schedules an interview appointment and sends case to your local embassy ( ~ 1 month)
  7. Inteview date is typically a month or two from CC
  8. You must get medical done before the interview
  9. If your visa is approved at the interview, NVC issues you a visa in a few days (~ 1 week) after the interview

This article cover everything in a lot more detail: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Thank you so much for your details information. How do we know NVC assigns case number for us? Will they send any notification or we need to call them? Also what is DS-261 use for?

1 minute ago, LinaHugo said:

Thank you so much for your details information. How do we know NVC assigns case number for us? Will they send any notification or we need to call them? Also what is DS-261 use for?

Call them one week after your USCIS status changes to "Sent to department of justice". 

DS-261 is authorizing an attorney, if you have one, for your case. It is only used for Non-Pivot cases. 

8 minutes ago, ramesesthe2nd said:

Call them one week after your USCIS status changes to "Sent to department of justice". 

DS-261 is authorizing an attorney, if you have one, for your case. It is only used for Non-Pivot cases. 

How do we know if our case is PIVOT or Non-PIVOT? Will they send us anything to let us what we need to do like file which form, submit what document? Thanks.

4 minutes ago, LinaHugo said:

How do we know if our case is PIVOT or Non-PIVOT? Will they send us anything to let us what we need to do like file which form, submit what document? Thanks.

Pivot or non-pivot is based on country you are from. When you call NVC for case number. They will tell you. 

Yes. NVC will tell you which docs you need to provide them.

For the list of docs, see the link I provided you above. There are a lot of docs. I highly recommend that you start gathering them now. 

Edited by ramesesthe2nd

4 minutes ago, ramesesthe2nd said:

Pivot or non-pivot is based on country you are from. When you call NVC for case number. They will tell you. 

Yes. NVC will tell you which docs you need to provide them.

For the list of docs, see the link I provided you above. There are a lot of docs. I highly recommend that you start gathering them now. 

My country you mean beneficiary's country? They will tell me which docs on the call as well? Thanks.

Just now, LinaHugo said:

My country you mean beneficiary's country? They will tell me which docs on the call as well? Thanks.

Yes. NVC will send you a doc that will list all the docs you need to provide. Just be patient. It will become clear when you get a response from NVC with a case number. 

Please fill in your timeline. It helps others and also help us answer your questions better.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yay! Things are moving along...we just got our NVC case number and can now pay our fees :)  hoping things keep moving swiftly!

Oct 23 case received 

May 15th approved

June 22nd case number assigned and fees available on line :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
7 hours ago, tawakol said:

something must be wrong try make service request online by submitting outside normal time and also you can create account on here https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ . 

hope you hear from them soon  

we already created an account at https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/  nothing is there we tried to call uscis but they said we might hear from them in 60 days. should we try to make service request online ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
14 minutes ago, mumbles1416 said:

Yay! Things are moving along...we just got our NVC case number and can now pay our fees :)  hoping things keep moving swiftly!

Oct 23 case received 

May 15th approved

U must b pivot ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
28 minutes ago, mumbles1416 said:

Oct 23 case received 

May 15th approved

That's awesome, congratulations! I was approved just after you and they recently asked for names and DOB when I called (usually a precursor to getting the case number). Do you know what your NVC receive date was?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.