1,118 posts in this topic

So finally some action on my case. 

After what feels like forever ..Oct.10th PD Nebraska...yesterday i received a RFE from the old site "my case status" and im currently out of the country visiting my husband n we are dieing to know what more could they want???. For the 1st time i want to leave n go home get this letter.. ugh...they making me crazy!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I called NVC today and the agent asked for our names and date of birth. He said they have an invoice number but not a case number yet. I was so excited I didn't even ask for the number.

PIVOT CASE

NOA 1: 10/24/18

NOA 2: 04/25/18

NVC received: 5/10/18

Invoice # received: 6/8/18

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline
2 hours ago, girlonfire said:

I called NVC today and the agent asked for our names and date of birth. He said they have an invoice number but not a case number yet. I was so excited I didn't even ask for the number.

PIVOT CASE

NOA 1: 10/24/18

NOA 2: 04/25/18

NVC received: 5/10/18

Invoice # received: 6/8/18

Wow! congratulation you case is going super fast. 

Timeline

Hi! 

I need help please!!! I have a question. If I received an email from USCIS that the case was sent to NVC Is this mean that the case is already in NVC?

Please let me know.

Case approved May 22 and sent to NVC June 1. 

Thanks a lot for your time.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Bmc&Cah said:

Hi! 

I need help please!!! I have a question. If I received an email from USCIS that the case was sent to NVC Is this mean that the case is already in NVC?

Please let me know.

Case approved May 22 and sent to NVC June 1. 

Thanks a lot for your time.

Its Self explanatory. Sent to the Dept Of State is the day it was forwarded to the nvc. Call the NVC after one week to ask them if they have received your approved petition from USCIS.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Abies said:

Its Self explanatory. Sent to the Dept Of State is the day it was forwarded to the nvc. Call the NVC after one week to ask them if they have received your approved petition from USCIS.

Thank you for your answer.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 6/6/2018 at 9:06 PM, Mrswaah said:

My PD was Oct 10

Approved April 16

NVC received May 1st

Case Number email June 6

Paid fees June 6

Hope that helps!

Congratulations ! ! Please can you tell me what is the requested documents that you need to send to NVC because i need to get ready with them cause paperwork here talk too much time to be done in my country

On 6/9/2018 at 12:50 AM, Maan17 said:

Pivot: submitting all your documents online/ electronically to nvc

Non-pivot: submitting hard copy of all your documents old traditional way/ via mail. 

I believe, It takes a bit longer to assign a case number to pivot case but once you have a case number, the process for pivot cases is faster than a non pivot. 

hi,

how would you know if your case is pivot or non-pivot? I've called them before and the guy said he not sure if mine was a pivot or non-pivot case.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Kaycelyn said:

hi,

how would you know if your case is pivot or non-pivot? I've called them before and the guy said he not sure if mine was a pivot or non-pivot case.

If they tell you to hang up and choose option 5, then it means your case is pivot. 

Or if you just choose option 5 and they are able to give you the info on your case. It also means yours is pivot. 

1 hour ago, Maan17 said:

If they tell you to hang up and choose option 5, then it means your case is pivot. 

Or if you just choose option 5 and they are able to give you the info on your case. It also means yours is pivot. 

Thank you! I will try doing this. 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Today I finally got an update but it is not what I was waiting for. My response to RFE (request for initial evidence) was received on May 11 and today June 11 they are sending a second RFE(request for initial evidence) Don't they review everything the first time?:(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.