1,118 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, rbzdjyummy said:

Congrats Valentina, now you can finally move on to the next step (which I think is even more frustrating).  good luck!

Nothing is more frustrating than filing I-130 and waiting 6+ months to hear back a word from USCIS. NVC stage isn't fast or something I would opt for if I had a choice, but certainly the worst (when it comes to waiting) is behind us. 

Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome to the 2018 Waiting Games.

Hi everyone. I know this forum is about I-130 OCT 2017 filers but I just want to ask if we can expedite our case when it reach the NVC. The reason is my husband's PCS order. Is that possible?

Also, did anyone hear from NVC for those whose cases have been forwarded to NVC? Thanks guys! And goodluck to everyone!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Maan17 said:

Did anyone from april approvals get their case numbers at nvc yet? Or are we all still waiting..

I got a notice my case was sent on 5/1, so I was going to wait until end of next week to call NVC to check status.  

19 hours ago, Rameda said:

Just called NVC today.  They recieved my case today.  Yay but the rep told me to wait 8 weeks. 

PD Oct 25

Sent to DoS May 2

I was told the same thing when I called on Sunday the 1st. It seems ridiculous that it could take them up to 8 weeks JUST TO PUT A FRICKING NUMBER ON OUR CASE. But the reps who take phone calls are actually really sympathetic and easy to deal with. I hope 8 weeks is just like nightmare scenario......

On 5/4/2018 at 11:47 AM, Beast8 said:

Yaaaa!🙏🏻💫❤️
They SureLy are moving fast now☺️
Visa Category IR 2
PD 10/10/2017
NAO2  04-07-2018

NVC receive Case on 27-04-2018

Request for an expedite 30-05-2018 with no nvc #case number or #invoice number
havent paid any fees yet.

Reason for expedite want son to be here soon before he turns to 21 and before his medical college starts!

Receive emaiL regarding NVC expedite request is under review on 02-05-2018.

Today Receive Case Number and invoice number in emaiL 05-05-2018 only a week after nvc receive our case.
Pivot Case Islamabad,Pakistan

They toLd me to directly pay fees now and submit documents electronically now!

I,ll update all when we move forward on!
God bless you all

Can you describe this process for us? I'm mostly curious about what reasons would be acceptable to apply for an expedite.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, ashort714 said:

Can you describe this process for us? I'm mostly curious about what reasons would be acceptable to apply for an expedite.

USCIS may expedite a petition or application if it meets one or more of the following criteria:

Severe financial loss to company or person;
Emergency situation;
Humanitarian reasons;
Nonprofit organization whose request is in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States;
Department of Defense or national interest situation (These particular expedite requests must come from an official U.S. government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to the government.);
USCIS error; or
Compelling interest of USCIS.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
On 05/05/2018 at 11:11 AM, theelepanos said:

Hi everyone. I know this forum is about I-130 OCT 2017 filers but I just want to ask if we can expedite our case when it reach the NVC. The reason is my husband's PCS order. Is that possible?

Also, did anyone hear from NVC for those whose cases have been forwarded to NVC? Thanks guys! And goodluck to everyone!

From what i understood from my lawyer (anyone feel free to correct me if im wrong) according to military families u can only get your case expedited if you have -including the reasons that are above me- an upcoming deployment .. i tried to get ours expedited but no luck, the whole wait i had on getting my i-130 approved was my whole husband's deployment..hope we all have a fast NVC journey!

MY JOURNEY INTO GETTING A FIRST-TIME GREEN CARD, RENEWING A GREEN CARD, AND OBTAINING U.S. CITIZENSHIP:

I-130: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/08/23/my-spouse-visa-process-and-timeline-ir1-cr1/ From Colombia 🇨🇴

I-751: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/09/12/i-751-joint-petition-to-remove-conditions-on-residence/From Japan 🇯🇵 (Military spouse overseas)

N-400: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2022/08/03/3430/ From Japan 🇯🇵 

BLOG:  https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/inmigr/   

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 25/2/2018 at 2:07 PM, Maan17 said:

Our PD is Oct 24th 2017 at TSC. I am assuming they should be approving August 2017 by now. Expecting ours to be approved my the end of march or beginning of april 2018. Good luck to you😊

Have you been approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.