1,118 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 hours ago, 06dak said:

Double post (apparently there are 2 Oct 17 filer threads, this one seems to have more members)

Got my case approval... in the mail!

NOA1 date Oct 20th

NOA2 date May 7th

Texas service center

My USCIS is not updated, and the Case Tracker app is not updated. Anyone have a similar experience? Most people here get notification online earlier than snail mail.

congrats..received mine in the mail..no update on either /or ..still showing case received on uscis

Noa1 10/10  Noa2 5/5 TSC.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
35 minutes ago, mumbles1416 said:

Finally!! May 15th we got our NOA2!

Case at Potomac  as of Oct. 23rd 2017. 

Now on to the next part! 

Congrats !!! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/16/2018 at 1:41 PM, DocZ said:

For those of us approved within the last month... does anybody have an idea how to guestimate when our spouse will arrive? I would ask my lawyer... but given that he told me a timeline where she should have arrived last month , I don't trust his timelines anymore. 

When I look at http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php?title=NVC_Process  , I think the timeline is out of date. 

There is the spreadsheet that is case complete to interview https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xbLl_8yDgHLeDaLnTrPdYc44J0sjPSFfYCKxlKx6uTY/edit#gid=0 , but it has many visa types, and I assume the case complete to interview time is NOT the USCIS complete date, but rather NVC complete. 

There is also the process of going here: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?cfl=0&op1=3&op2=d&op3=5&op4=1&op5=5,6,8,10,11,13,14,15,16,17,18,20,21,22,25,26,27,28,108,110,111,208,210,211&op6=All&op66=All&op7=All&dfile=No&adv= , sorting by interview date and then filtering by country, and then going through the cases to their timeline to see how long it takes. BUT... those numbers look too big to me, so I don't want to believe it. :(

Do people think our spouses may come here by... October? November?

Our NOA2 is april 10th. I'm expecting my husband to be here by September. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On May 15, 2018 at 2:27 AM, rmr0180 said:

I filed for my wife in October...PD of Oct 17.we are still waiting...this is so frustrating.  It’s been 7 months already! Does anyone know what PD’s Potomac is currently processing?? 

If you call, they tell you they are working on July 7th, 2017. And NOT to call until between 81/2 months and 11 months, which puts you and I in August-September. When I ask why Novembers and many Octobers are being approved, they tell me cases are different. I am not sure what that means at all, because I have seen Novembers approvals inquiring about Sponsors; Not even financially stable, but approved. Go figure! 

Honest-Love-Respect

On 5/19/2018 at 11:58 AM, 06dak said:

So I got an email and text confirmation today... 11 DAYS  after NOA2!

Such a fine system!

Good luck to others there, and don't fret - even if you have not heard yet you may actually be already approved!

Hello! Did the uscis website/app update as well for NOA2?  We received email and text notifications that action was done on our case but no update on site/tracker.

We didn't receive printed mail as well :( really confused with the notifications :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

My case was approved on Friday! On Saturday morning around 6:30 eastern I got an email saying that my case had been updated and I saw the approval on the new site (old site still not updated). PD October 10, Potomac, simple case, no RFEs. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting and don't lose hope!

Edited by lindinhos96

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 hours ago, DGTravel said:

Hello! Did the uscis website/app update as well for NOA2?  We received email and text notifications that action was done on our case but no update on site/tracker.

We didn't receive printed mail as well :( really confused with the notifications :(

Have you checked the new site, https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ ? If you have already checked this, I would recommend calling. Someone earlier had trouble speaking to a human. I was able to do this by getting to the option where I could check my case status. At that point the system read aloud the notification about my case having been received (this was before my approval), and then I had the option to ask a question and I was transferred to an agent. I can't remember the prompts exactly but I do think there is a way to navigate to an agent. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.